parking an RV

hushupu

Mouseketeer
My wife and I are on the verge of becoming empty nesters and are starting to think about retirement. We have always been huge Disney fans and want DVC to be part of our retirement planning. We are also planning on buying a large Class A diesel powered motor home.
Would I be allowed to park a 40 ft rv at WDW? We would have a towed vehicle for getting around so it would basically sit in a parking lot for the duration of our stay and it wouldn't have to be parked at the resort we are staying at. Would it make a difference if it was a split DVC, Fort Wilderness stay? Thanks for any advice you can give us.

My wife and I are on the verge of becoming empty nesters and are starting to think about retirement. We have always been huge Disney fans and want DVC to be part of our retirement planning. We are also planning on buying a large Class A diesel powered motor home.
Would I be allowed to park a 40 ft rv at WDW? We would have a towed vehicle for getting around so it would basically sit in a parking lot for the duration of our stay and it wouldn't have to be parked at the resort we are staying at. Would it make a difference if it was a split DVC, Fort Wilderness stay? Thanks for any advice you can give us.

I've seen RVs in almost every lot of all the resorts we've stayed at.

I think the only places you may have an issue with finding parking for an RV would be BWV/BCV lots as I've heard they fill up with outside visitors. I've seen plenty of space and rigs parked at BLT, SSR, VWL, AKV (Jambo lot, I'm unsure about Kidani as most of that parking is underneath the building)

From the sidepoint of being a former camper and have known many many people with motorhomes - please do a lot research on engines before buying any brand. Motorhomes are notorious for engine trouble and expensive to fix, not just maintenance wise, but in downtime from your trip too. I've seen some owners drop the motorhome in favor of a 5th wheel just for easier maintenance & to get the brand they trust.

They usually tell guests to park their RVs at POFQ or POR instead of OKW because of the winding roads and narrow parking at OKW.

We often do this , so far there has never been an issue and if it was to happen you could probelly just move it to the big waiting parking lot at Fort wilderness -

I've seen plenty of space and rigs parked at BLT, SSR, VWL, AKV (Jambo lot, I'm unsure about Kidani as most of that parking is underneath the building)
Kidani has a special lot for over-sized vehicles. As you drive into Kidani it's over on the right. You turn right off the access road as if you are going into the underground parking but then turn right again into the oversized vehicle lot. It looks like a pretty tight turn to get into that lot. I've never driven an RV so maybe they are more maneuverable than they look but it might be a challenge to get into that lot with a very large RV.

We have parked our 33ft travel trailer at the BCV before. I would also check with Ft. Wilderness to see if you could park your rig there - they have a lot that stores boats and campers.

We have split stays between Ft. Wilderness and a DVC resort before. Next year we plan 2 weeks at Ft Wilderness and 1 week at the BCV.

Doesn't that sound like a terrific vacation?

I would simply ask at check in, they will tell you where you need to park.

I have seen them at the two resorts that I stay at, OKW and BCV. They are always parked far away, and in more remote parts of the lots, but it must be allowed, because they always have them there when I visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter