Park tickets with gift cards

Leahc117

Mouseketeer
Hello- I am planning to buy park tickets with Disney gift cards from target. Any advice? Will I be able to apply 8 $500 gift cards online or do I have to call. Thanks!!

I would combine your GCs online to $1000 each so you can use them easier. You will have to do separate orders for X amount of tickets dependent on the cost.

I believe you can only use 2 gift cards online. If you call i think you can use 3. This happened to me back in 2019.

You could do separate orders though.

I have to do this in a few weeks also. Keep us updated!

I've only been able to use one gift card ($1,000 as described above) online. I had to call and do them, and when getting my APs the CM said she could only run two forms of payment per transaction unless she sent me over to a different department. So we ran each AP as a separate transaction for $1300+change, and then it was fine.

How much money can you actually save with the gift card method? Is it actually worth the time and effort?

How much money can you actually save with the gift card method? Is it actually worth the time and effort?

I am saving for out trip next year and have saved an average of 11.8%. To me it has been worth the effort. For the cost of next year's trip it will have saved quite a bit of money even when comparing to what you may be able to save from a ticket reseller.

Reactions: Kae

With target I'll save $200 on $4000 worth of tickets - not huge savings but worth 20 minutes on the computer buying individual tickets.

It depends on how much effort you're willing to put in. You can save a straight 5% at Target with not much effort at all. If you shop at Target often, Disney GC purchases currently qualify for Target Circle bonuses. The bonuses can't be spent on GCs but I've used them on baby stuff for our granddaughter when there are bonus Target GCs with a minimum purchase.

Warehouse stores like BJ's and Sam's are around 4%-5% but when combined with a credit card that gives cash back bonuses, the savings can be better than Target. Closer to 8%-9% if warehouses are a quarterly bonus category.

Some of my CCs offer 10% back for grocery and drug store purchases up to a limit. Those are targeted offers that you have to activate. But when combined with the store's frequent shopper programs, that 10% is actually higher. My local grocery store rewards in points per $ spent. Sometimes they double or triple the points on purchased. One hundred points = 1 Reward. Seven rewards = $10 off a grocery purchase. That's at least 1.5% at the grocery store plus 1%-2% cash back from the rewards credit card in addition to the 10% bonus.

PayPal, Venmo, Google Pay have all offered cash back for certain retailers when you pay using their app. My PayPal is currently showing $10 back on a $20+ purchase at CVS. If I buy a $25 GC, that's a 40% savings. Plus the linked CC also gives cash back.

Honestly, the hardest part is keeping track of expiration dates for the deals and timing purchases to maximize the bonuses.

We've purchased gift cards at Sam's and BJ's Warehouse (with the free one-day online membership option) and saved $88 by doing this. The $88 savings doesn't seem like a lot, but it'll pay for parking and some snacks!

It might make more sense to buy at BJs- the discount I see doesn’t quite beat the target 5% but then you could use a credit card and still get the points….

There are some things that can be some issues you can run into using gift cards to buy tickets. Recently I purchased 4-day tickets to Disneyland with gift cards using the 5% discount through Target. But, we wanted to upgrade the tickets to 5-day instead. Disneyland makes you buy new tickets and then they refund the original tickets to the original form of payment. So, to upgrade, we had to buy more gift cards and then wait 6-8 weeks for the other gift cards to be refunded. We were not able to get the refund done before our trip, so now we have over $1,000 in Disney gift cards that will have to wait to use probably on next year’s trip. Plus, when we bought the tickets, I had to make separate transactions because of the $1,000 limit on individual gift cards. After the first ticket purchase, I transferred funds yo the same gift card and made a second purchase of tickets. Now we’ve run into a problem of Disney trying to refund more than $1,000 to the same gift card. Just thought some folks might like to know about before they buy.

Can anyone confirm Sams black Friday deal 10% off Disney Gift cards?
This is from one of the scans of the Sam's Club BF ad on one of the BF sites.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 12.21.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 12.21.33 PM.png
    491.1 KB · Views: 7
Hello- I am planning to buy park tickets with Disney gift cards from target. Any advice? Will I be able to apply 8 $500 gift cards online or do I have to call. Thanks!!
Be sure to keep your gift cards in case you need to refund your tickets (hurricane policy, etc). They will put the refund back on the original gift card. Then discard the gift card after you've used the tickets.

Be sure to keep your gift cards in case you need to refund your tickets (hurricane policy, etc). They will put the refund back on the original gift card. Then discard the gift card after you've used the tickets.
If you are refunded which gift card does it go back on? The original one or the one you used to combine the gift cards? Going in January and used the cards to pay for the room. I'm not planning on canceling but who knows what could happen these days! lol But I only kept the card that has the combined gift cards on. Now i'm freaking out! lol

If you are refunded which gift card does it go back on? The original one or the one you used to combine the gift cards? Going in January and used the cards to pay for the room. I'm not planning on canceling but who knows what could happen these days! lol But I only kept the card that has the combined gift cards on. Now i'm freaking out! lol

the one you used to pay for the tickets, so likely the one you used to combine. that’s why people suggest combining to multiple gift cards to the max of $1000per card

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!