Park Popcorn Buckets refilled on DCL

ahain

Thankful & Blessed
Hello,
In the past, we have brought our plastic Disney Park popcorn buckets onto our cruise and have been able to have the buckets refilled outside the theater at "refill" prices. Does anyone know how old a popcorn bucket can be before it is "too old" and no longer qualifies to be refilled on a Disney cruise?

We have a few different ones, and always bring at least two with us because we have several people in our group. One of the buckets from WDW is at least 8 years old, and they have always refilled it just like the newer ones.

We have one that is 4 years old and have taken it on every cruise since we purchased it. Our last cruise in March was the first time a CM has questioned it. We went to fill it before a show and the CM helping us hesitated, giving the bucket a strange look. He turned to another CM and said "This is a parks bucket. Do we refill those?" The other CM responded that yes, they refill all Disney popcorn buckets. I didn't bother correcting the first CM that we had purchased the bucket on a cruise and not at the parks since he was refilling an old bucket. So unless they decide to change the policy, there isn't a "too old" on popcorn buckets.

I've certainly heard reports that people have had trouble re-filling an old bucket, whether it was purchased in the parks or on a cruise - but that was a few months ago and in more recent days, including on our own cruise, I haven't really seen any issues. Ours was a bucket from a 2017 cruise.

How much is the bucket on the cruise? Tying to compare it to the cost of the ones in Disney. We are local to wdw so I can get one before I cruise if it is cheaper. Are the cruise ones unique to the cruise?

We have brought the same bucket on each cruise-one we purchased on an Alaska cruise many years ago. The only problem we ever have is on the first night. We have been told 3 times now that they don’t refill the old buckets, but then it is fine the next day. Has anyone else had this happen?

I really love our Pluto bucket, and can’t wait to go on our Merrytime Cruise with it this year!

We've always just bought the popcorn, not bought any buckets. Is it cheaper? We don't eat a lot, but I bet we'd have it 3 or 4 times on a 7 day cruise. Then again, the teens aren't really into carrying around a bucket "just in case".

Just finished our first cruise ever aboard the Disney Dream last week sandwiched in between a few days at WDW. The popcorn bucket purchase on the boat was about $8 ($7.50 + the autogratuity) and the refills were the aforementioned $1.73 ($1.50 + autogratuity). In the parks it was $10 bucket purchase and $2.00 refill. We bought the popcorn bucket in the parks our first day there before the cruise. But we left it in the rental car because we didn't know about the refills on board. So I then purchased the bucket on the ship, too for all the movies and shows. But now we know better. What can I say? We love our Disney popcorn!!

Just finished our first cruise ever aboard the Disney Dream last week sandwiched in between a few days at WDW. The popcorn bucket purchase on the boat was about $8 ($7.50 + the autogratuity) and the refills were the aforementioned $1.73 ($1.50 + autogratuity). In the parks it was $10 bucket purchase and $2.00 refill. We bought the popcorn bucket in the parks our first day there before the cruise. But we left it in the rental car because we didn't know about the refills on board. So I then purchased the bucket on the ship, too for all the movies and shows. But now we know better. What can I say? We love our Disney popcorn!!

I think they put crack in the Disney popcorn. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter