• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park Pet Peeves

Yikes...I am one of those foot toilet flushing people!

My only Disney pet peeve is people in food lines who can't decide what to order when it is their time.

Oh and omen in flops San pedicure. If you are going to bare those twinkly toes...paint and trim them nails!

oh i got a new one, and this works everywhere not just disney... those people who use the restroom but line the bowl with paper towels (not the provided shield) and then just leave it there when they are finished.

i hate when im sitting on the bus 4 weeks after breaking my foot, in pain from walking on it all day and everyone gives me a dirty look for not giving up my seat to someone else.

:thumbsup2 everyone who needs a seat can wait for the next bus. I will give up my seat for others ,but those with bad feet, bad backs, etc may have waited for the next bus themselves.

oh i got a new one, and this works everywhere not just disney... those people who use the restroom but line the bowl with paper towels (not the provided shield) and then just leave it there when they are finished.

I was just reading about this in a magazine. those who don't want to sit on the seat, and "hover" but leave a, um, "sprinkling" mess.

Or those who line the rim with tissue, but leave it for the next person to "dispose of".! sheesh!

nothing specific to Disney.....but i hate people who stop in front of you while walking, acting as if they had brake lites on their posterior so we know they are stopping abruptly.

not sure if a pet peeve or not but the shoving to get on haunted mansion since they redid it is horrible, the part after you come out of the room to get on the ride, last time almost got into a fight, yes really

also people who don't wear deodorant, it is FL and 90 plus degrees i don't want to smell you in line :lmao:

and I say on the shoulders thing just cause you have a kid doesn't make it okay for you to use no courtesy we all pay to be there, so keep that in mind

People who feel entitled, whether it be cutting in line, making sure their chldren have the best view, etc.

All the ferrell children we see at WDW. The only explanation we can come up with is these kids must have been raised by wolves.

Flame away.

No flames from me! What really bugs me are a couple of things that the ferrell children do: wreck the displays and chase the animals. I've seen kids throwing balls into the flowerbeds by the Crystal Palace, and then climb in to get it. Repeat. Repeat. The parents didn't seem to care at all. Heck they are paying a lot of money for their family to enjoy WDW, if that means wrecking a few flowers, then that is what they will do!

I also hate it people harass the wildlife. When I see that, I do say something, and I don't care where there parents are. It is not cute and it is not funny.

No flames from me! What really bugs me are a couple of things that the ferrell children do: wreck the displays and chase the animals. I've seen kids throwing balls into the flowerbeds by the Crystal Palace, and then climb in to get it. Repeat. Repeat. The parents didn't seem to care at all. Heck they are paying a lot of money for their family to enjoy WDW, if that means wrecking a few flowers, then that is what they will do!

I also hate it people harass the wildlife. When I see that, I do say something, and I don't care where there parents are. It is not cute and it is not funny.

This was in 2007, but we were waiting for our Crystal Palace ADR and was sitting next to a family with a young boy. Next thing I know, the kid is pulling up the flowers, the grass, anything he could get his hands on... and his parents did nothing. I got up and told a CM who came over and told the kid to get out of the flower beds. The parents were all upset that someone would dare tell their kid what they could do that they sat there huffing until we were called in.

These same parents allowed that same kid to run up to characters that were at other tables. Not really surprised...

But sorry, I wasn't going to allow some unsupervised child destroy multiple hours of hard and dedicated work that was done. The entitlement just gets to me...

Ferrell children? I've always founds Will Ferrell's kids to be quite well behaved. :lmao:

Now FERAL children...they're the worst. Especially this guy:
images

Just got back and we witnessed all of the behaviors mentioned above. We also saw an incident of "child on dad's shoulders" go terribly wrong. Dad was carrying his daughter on his shoulders - he was holding her by her ankles. Something happened - she bucked backwards - and he lost his hold. Down she went - sliding/falling down his back. Another lady was standing there and caught her before she hit the ground. The father did not say "thank you" - he just yelled at his daughter for moving around too much. The child was scared to death but it didn't seem as if Dad realized the potential danger that had just been avoided.

Just got back and we witnessed all of the behaviors mentioned above. We also saw an incident of "child on dad's shoulders" go terribly wrong. Dad was carrying his daughter on his shoulders - he was holding her by her ankles. Something happened - she bucked backwards - and he lost his hold. Down she went - sliding/falling down his back. Another lady was standing there and caught her before she hit the ground. The father did not say "thank you" - he just yelled at his daughter for moving around too much. The child was scared to death but it didn't seem as if Dad realized the potential danger that had just been avoided.
I know someone who's daughter's leg was inadvertently broken in a similar situation. Freak, rare accident, I know. But still, it happened. He felt terrible about it. He really is a good dad, it was just an accident.

It burns me up to think that people would purposely put their kids on their shoulders at parades or fireworks knowing that they are blocking someone else's view.:mad: I'm short and so is my DD. When we go to see Wishes, it will likely be our only opportunity EVER to see that again, because I can't imagine being able to afford another WDW vacation. It's not so big a deal for me, but it sure means a lot to my kid.:sad: How can a person honestly not care that their actions are depriving others of a good view? That is the epitome of selfishness and boorishness.:headache::rolleyes2:furious:

I've seen that happen too.
At least that dad was holding on. I've seen kids carried when the only thing holding the child on was the child's arms around the dad's neck. Child let go to point at something, dad turned, child fell and got caught by a good Samaritan from behind. :scared1:

lol that's the good thing about going solo you can slide in-between all these people. I'm always walking fast to try to do as much in such little time, but alas, it's hard to get around even solo.

I have to say when we were at MK in December, the wheelchair line was ridiculous on Small World. I guess there are only a few boats that can handle them so it takes a while.

My biggest pet peeve is people crying and moaning about things that stress them out in the happiest place on earth. It seems like people need to learn how to deal with stress better. I don't care if the person in line or in front of me has a leash attached to the kid on his shoulders, pushing a stroller while riding an ECV and blowing smoke rings down Main Street. I am spending precious time with the ones I love, in the most magical place in the world. Don't sweat the small stuff, and your vacation will be much more enjoyable!

I agree!! Remember you are on vacation at the greatest place on earth and RELAX!!

I have to say when we were at MK in December, the wheelchair line was ridiculous on Small World. I guess there are only a few boats that can handle them so it takes a while.

I guess this was really OT, but everyone was saying how wheelchairs get priority sometimes, in that case it was definitely a disadvantage.

i hate when im sitting on the bus 4 weeks after breaking my foot, in pain from walking on it all day and everyone gives me a dirty look for not giving up my seat to someone else.

Really? EVERYONE is giving you a dirty look? And even if you think they are giving you a dirty look, maybe it's not because you are sitting. Maybe they are just tired from walking the parks....unless you are a mind-reader and know what they are thinking.

If I have to stand on a bus, then I stand...I'm perfectly capable of standing, and I don't give those sitting down, a dirty look. I really couldn't care less if they are sitting and I am standing.

Really? EVERYONE is giving you a dirty look? And even if you think they are giving you a dirty look, maybe it's not because you are sitting. Maybe they are just tired from walking the parks....unless you are a mind-reader and know what they are thinking.

If I have to stand on a bus, then I stand...I'm perfectly capable of standing, and I don't give those sitting down, a dirty look. I really couldn't care less if they are sitting and I am standing.

actually i was exaggerating to get a point across to the dozen people that posted about how they think people should always give up their seats on buses.

People who stand in line for 10 minutes at a cs restaurant and then wait until they get to the front of the line to decide what they want. So then they take another 5 or 10 minutes trying to figure out what everyone in their group wants, while the rest of us have to wait on them.

Decide before you step up to the register. Its not that hard of a concept.

this is my DH and my MIL. but they both do it everywhere--even McDonald's. how do you not know what you want at McDonald's? it drives me crazy!

i try to let most things roll of my back. but i do get aggravated by guests who treat CMs poorly for no reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter