Park Pet Peeves

I think you should read up a little on the law.

ECVS are mobility devices and as such disabled people using them are not required to be singled out by taking some "test".

I think the "pass a test" post was more shot at folks who abuse their ECV's than a shot at folks with disabilities.

Not defending, just sayin' :rolleyes1

I think you should read up a little on the law.

ECVS are mobility devices and as such disabled people using them are not required to be singled out by taking some "test".

i was actually just making a joke since people get run down by them all the time. and i see people using them to ram through crowds

but that being said they are still motorized devices that could cause people serious harm including to the driver, if not operated properly. those who require them and those who just get them to get them should at least be responsible with them

I don't get the whole kid on shoulder debate...pretty soon people are going to want everyone to line up for the parades according to our height....If my toddler or pre-schooler says hey mom I can't see, I'm going to make sure that I help him see, and if that means letting him climb up on my shoulders for a bit then so be it.

I'm not trying to be rude just helping my child get a better look. :confused3

Exactly. I'm not picking my kid up to block your view. I'm picking my kid up so they CAN view. I'm not doing it to block your view. If you feel that way, oh well. The fireworks are in the sky. My kid may not be more important that you (although in my eyes they always will be) but you are not more important that them either.

Done debating it. For anyone criticizing me helping my child get a view, deal with it. I don't and won't feel bad helping my kid. If you have a problem then YOU get their early enough to be in the front. I'm 5'9" and am stuck behind 6'3". Maybe they should just stand by the gate so MY view never gets block. Get real.

original.jpg

MINE, MINE, MINE..........

i was actually just making a joke since people get run down by them all the time. and i see people using them to ram through crowds

but that being said they are still motorized devices that could cause people serious harm including to the driver, if not operated properly.

Anything not operated properly can cause harm. I see more people using strollers at battering rams than ecvs.

See above......
:teacher:
Your child is not more important than the 100 behind you. have some courtesy and grab a spot where your child can sit on your shoulders and not block everyone elses view.[/QUOTE]

Why is that I am the one lacking courtesy? Why are you more important than my child, or the 100 of kids behind us??
It is not your social responsibility to ensure everyone has equal viewing of a parade or fireworks...we all do the best we can to provide the best experience for our friends and loved ones....:goodvibes

Why is that I am the one lacking courtesy? Why are you more important than my child, or the 100 of kids behind us??
It is not your social responsibility to ensure everyone has equal viewing of a parade or fireworks...we all do the best we can to provide the best experience for our friends and loved ones....:goodvibes[/QUOTE]

Your right. It is not MY responsibility to make sure everyone has a reasonable view. It is YOURS. I understand you want your kids to see, I really do. I held my niece at eye level for the fireworks and parades last trip. It was not easy and honestly my viewing was a little diminished BUT her view was good and so was everyone behind me.

If your house had an ocean view and I owned the lot in front of you, would it make you mad if I built a house so tall you couldnt see??? Of course it would! A little different but you get the idea....

When you stack someone on your shoulders its like having a 9 ft. tall person in front of you all of a sudden.......

Yeah, Disney is for everyone. I get that, but Disney = Kids.

So...you obviously don't get it. Disney does not "equal" kids, and the fact that you have a kid doesn't give you the right to block the view of everyone standing behind you.

Everything in your posts boils down to "I'm going make sure my kid has a good time no matter what, even if what I do means that those around me don't have a good time, because he's my kid and therefore deserves to have a good time more that any one else around me."

If that's not selfish and rude, I don't know what is.

The problem is when you have a crowd watching fireworks and their all in there together and you THINK you're viewing is fine and then BAM...just as the first shell goes up, so does the kid on dad's shoulders.

People who feel like they can trample over my daughter because she is 3 feet tall. I have had so many people push her out of the way (adults!) It gets very frustrating.

I agree. I got to the parade last year a little early and had a decent viewing. Then this guy cuts in front and puts his kid up on his shoulders. Even if I tried I couldn't get my daughter as high as he had his. I felt really bad for her because she was so excited to see the show.

i hate when im sitting on the bus 4 weeks after breaking my foot, in pain from walking on it all day and everyone gives me a dirty look for not giving up my seat to someone else.

People who feel entitled, whether it be cutting in line, making sure their chldren have the best view, etc.

All the ferrell children we see at WDW. The only explanation we can come up with is these kids must have been raised by wolves.

Flame away.

People who feel entitled, whether it be cutting in line, making sure their chldren have the best view, etc.

All the ferrell children we see at WDW. The only explanation we can come up with is these kids must have been raised by wolves.

Flame away.

I'm glad you said it first. Couldn't agree more...;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter