Park Capacity MLK Weekend?

cjlong88

DIS Veteran
We are visiting Universal/IOA tomorrow and we weren’t planning on arriving right at park open.

Should I be concerned that the park could reach capacity before we arrive tomorrow (probably around 10 am)? And, if the park reaches capacity and we are unable to get in, since I only have a 1-day ticket, am I able to get a refund if we are denied entry?

TIA

You aren't planning to get there right at open but can you? Is it just a preference to roll in late or a logistical problem (flight arrival)? Based on how much tickets and express passes are selling for tomorrow they are expecting it to be really, really crowded. If it isn't a logistical situation then I really think you need to go ASAP. From what I read at Christmas they will refund you (I can't imagine how long that customer service line would be though).

You aren't planning to get there right at open but can you? Is it just a preference to roll in late or a logistical problem (flight arrival)? Based on how much tickets and express passes are selling for tomorrow they are expecting it to be really, really crowded. If it isn't a logistical situation then I really think you need to go ASAP. From what I read at Christmas they will refund you (I can't imagine how long that customer service line would be though).

Thank you for the info! I have a 7:30 am meeting. I’m hoping it ends at 8:30, but I’m not sure how long it will take. The earliest we can get there is realistically 9am, unfortunately.

I just don’t want to be out $700 if we can’t even get in on the only day we will be in Orlando.

We are here and are having a BLAST! We got 2 virtual queue return times for Hagrid’s this morning. We snagged another 2 this afternoon. It’s crowded but not unmanageable. Glad I bought EP. the waits are minimal with that perk!

Mask compliance is fantastic, and the TM’s are doing a great job kindly reminding people to keep their distance in the queues.

The butterbeer ice cream is 💯. The weather is absolutely beautiful. Couldn’t have asked for a better day so far.

Quick question- do you have to have 2 separate accounts to get 2 VLs or can hubby have the app on his phone signed in as me and we both try for VL?

Quick question- do you have to have 2 separate accounts to get 2 VLs or can hubby have the app on his phone signed in as me and we both try for VL?

You only need one account. My partner downloaded the app and I signed him in as me. We both were able to book virtual queues simultaneously. The wait was anywhere from 20 minutes - 40 minutes each time, so we tried to space our VL time slots apart so we had enough time to get back in line. They drop them periodically, so while walking around or waiting in a queue usually one of us would randomly check. We got 6 VL return times overall. The last two were at night and we were assigned Row 1 both times. By far our favorite time to ride and seat on the train!

Thanks so much!!!

ETA- we land on a Saturday at 10:25am. I wonder how soon I’ll be able to start trying for VL!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter