Parasailing - for a non swimmer

peggy5

Mouseketeer
Do they allow to do this excursion at CC if you can't swim? And whats the weight limit, hopefully 150 lbs is not gonna break the parasail, but dumb question lets say I fall or the parasail breaks somehow, is someone gonna come get me out of that water & soon :rotfl2: Sorry I'm just having lots of jitters can you tell it'd be my 1st time parasailing :rotfl:

Hi there!
I am not really 100% sure on if they allow you to do it if you can't swim. I think it would be just fine because you don't even get wet unless it is a "wet landing" parasail, which I don't think they are.
You will be fine with 150 lbs though! Just to put your mind at ease about it breaking and you falling...my husband and I have done tandem (2 people at once) parasailing so it was 300 pounds up there and we were fine. There were much heavier people that go as well.
You could probably ask to wear a life jacket up as well. I am pretty sure we had to.
Parasailing is wonderful. It is like, floating.

I'm pretty sure they put a life jacket on you, too, so even non-swimmers would end up floating if they did wind up in the water somehow, but that's really not at all likely. Go and have fun! Or, as the song says -- don't worry, be happy. :goodvibes

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

I just went in June- DCL will definately take care of you. It was awesome- the only problem was that it was too short. :goodvibesI loved it(and am over 150 lbs), it was really awesome. :thumbsup2

You do not need to know how to swim if you parasail. You may get you feet wet but that is about it. You will definitely not have to swim at all. Enjoy and have fun and don't worry about having to swim.

I had the mega jitters too when I first signed up. Because I'm a non-swimmer too; but I just had to try and the awesome DISers here convinced me to follow through with it and I'm SO glad I did! :goodvibes

Seeing Castaway Cay from way up there was just breath-taking. They do put a life vest on you and as you stand on the platform with the gear, your nerves gets the best of you and your heart starts racing, but you have to just take a breath and enjoy it. They DO dip you waist deep (at least they did that with everyone on our boat - even to me, after I told them I'm deathly afraid of drowning bc I can't swim), but it's was fun and over all too soon. The two guys who took us out were very nice and funny; they kept checking on each of us to make sure we were all ok - especially since I was a ball of nerves at that point.

I still don't know how to swim (this was in 2007) and this October, I booked the parasailing excursion again for CC. :love: Happy sailing!!!

Oh and during our DIS meet up, we were talking about our parasailing experiences after we left CC and one couple said they let them go tandem (even they were surprised) and combined, they were over the stated weight limit (which is over 150...I even want to say it's over 200, maybe).

Thanks everyone, feeling little better about this, but I'm sure I'll be biting my nails as I'm sitting there ready to be taken up :)

Queenie, thanks so much for all the info, really very helpful. Oh my goodness they dip you in the water waist deep - now that'll interesting- I mean on my nerves & how I handle that :rotfl:

I did the parasailing with my 10 year old son on our cruise this past March. You wear a lifejacket, and they launch and recover you right from the back of the boat. You will not get wet unless you request to get dipped, and then you can choose between just getting your feet wet or getting all the way wet. The weight limit is 350 pounds so even 2 smaller adults can tandem. Also we were over the reef most of the time and the boat operators said the water was 6-8 feet deep at most.

Go for it and have fun!!

John

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter