• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paper towels? Or Tissues?

Zhoen

FairieVillainMother
Admit it, the title got you curious!!! :)

Hi Y'all!

Ok, so if you had 3 copies of a $1 coupon to use, would you use them to get three rolls of paper towels for $.21/ea or 3 boxes of tissues for $.04/ea ? (This brand also makes TP, but DH said "don't buy that brand anymore." Apparently he's too delicate...:rotfl:)

I can't remember the last time we had tissues around the house... probably the last time anyone had a head cold, which I also can't remember... and I think my little ones (4 and 7) probably wasted most of them... but I could set them aside for later... I use dish towels as much as possible, but not for gross things, so the paper towels would eventually get used too...

Opinions?

Admit it, the title got you curious!!! :)

Hi Y'all!

Ok, so if you had 3 copies of a $1 coupon to use, would you use them to get three rolls of paper towels for $.21/ea or 3 boxes of tissues for $.04/ea ? (This brand also makes TP, but DH said "don't buy that brand anymore." Apparently he's too delicate...:rotfl:)

Three boxes of tissues in my house would last about a year and a half :rotfl:
Three rolls of paper towels would last a week and a half.

I'd definitely buy the paper towels.

Buy what you use, regardless of a coupon if you won't use it why buy it?

Either will get used eventually... and neither will get used in the next month... I'm not short on paper towels, but have room to store them until I need them in a month or two... tissues would sit in the cabinet until someone got sick or very sad or until school starts... tissues are ALWAYS on the required school supplies list...

So it's not buying something I won't use, just something I don't need this second... it's sort of like the pantry method, but for a paper product...

Well,they won't go bad so, and for that price you can't go wrong. I think I'd pick the one easiest to store, if you don't think you'd use them right away.
When I get a coupon that I decide not to use, I give it to DD, or leave it on the shelf for the next cust.;)

I'd vote tissues, only because there are a lot of substitutes for paper towels, but not really any acceptable substitues for tissues (I think hankies are gross. When I blow my nose, I'm not gonna fold that up and put it in my pocket!)

I'd get the tissues. We keep a box in nearly every room. I have awful allergiers and get sinus infections pretty easiliy. We don't go through the tissues all that fast unless I'm sick, but when I'm sick, I can go through near a box a day. Paper towels last MONTHS in this house. I've been getting the largest 2-roll pack of select-a-size from Bounty and I've only bought two of those packs at all this year... one of them is sitting unopened under the cabinet. :-) About the only things we use papertowels for are really disgusting messes (dog vomit) or to drain greasy meat like bacon or sausage. SOMETIMES we'll use them to dry our hands with on laundry day if I waited too long to wash the cloth towels we usually use.

Either will get used eventually... and neither will get used in the next month... I'm not short on paper towels, but have room to store them until I need them in a month or two... tissues would sit in the cabinet until someone got sick or very sad or until school starts... tissues are ALWAYS on the required school supplies list... So it's not buying something I won't use, just something I don't need this second... it's sort of like the pantry method, but for a paper product...

This was my first thought and why I would buy the tissues and just store them away. Those school supplies always sneak up on me.

I am assuming that the tp is rough and that is why your DH doesn't like it. So if that is the case, then the tissue would prob be rough too, and that just sucks. So, I would buy the paper towels, because cheap paper towels aren't going to scratch your sensitive parts (like your nose).

I don't use paper towels to I would get the tissues. With my allergies we go through tissues amazingly quick.

Denise in MI

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter