Pandemonium in Pandora: Guest Fight

Wow. I’ve seen serious security descend en masse on way less exciting stuff at DL.

At DL Anaheim PD has a substation literally at the park. With canines. I have never felt unsafe there and security is very visible. Anaheim PD could have run to anywhere in the park in under 7 minutes if they wanted to.

Last week at WDW, we rarely saw security outside of bag check, and one canine outside of Epcot early one morning. And those we did see were much more Barney than The Rock. It had me wondering. I’d think with the heat, the alcohol included on the dining plan now, and the crowds, that they would step it up and be a little more visible and present than they appeared. That’s a bad combination!

I think at WDW they tend to be the blend in and observe variety of security. I know when I have seen someone trip and fall, all sorts of people appeared out of nowhere.

I think at WDW they tend to be the blend in and observe variety of security. I know when I have seen someone trip and fall, all sorts of people appeared out of nowhere.
But was that security, or managers? Managers blend in, they just look maybe a little overdressed for the parks. They tend to be everywhere and do appear out of nowhere.

Except Pandora. It took me 15 minutes to find one to share my feedback on major RS issues the day we were there. Usually at DL you can spot one or several anywhere in the park within a couple of minutes.

But was that security, or managers? Managers blend in, they just look maybe a little overdressed for the parks. They tend to be everywhere and do appear out of nowhere.

Except Pandora. It took me 15 minutes to find one to share my feedback on major RS issues the day we were there. Usually at DL you can spot one or several anywhere in the park within a couple of minutes.

Security and managers. The managers did look overdressed.

Wow, that is not cool! It certainly seems that 7 minutes is way too long for security to show up.

That’s interesting. I wonder why. We have only witnessed one major altercation over the years and it was not as intense as the one you described but the response was much better.

We saw an argument between 2 members of a party escalate into a shouting match. It didn’t escalate to fighting but there were threats. We were sitting at a QS table outside Pinocchio Village Haus and this was happening out in the walkway.

Plain clothes security arrived very swiftly once the yelling started. I am not sure if a CM called for them or if they were just in the area but it was incredibly fast. Once security arrived they both backed down on their own and there wasn’t a physical fight to break up. Both men talked to security after the incident, as well as other members of their group. I have no idea what was said as we were out of earshot. We could only hear the yelling.

In the many years I’ve been going to WDW (basically my entire life) this is the only time I’ve witnessed something like this between guests but I was very impressed that plain clothes security seemed to descend out of nowhere.

If we were all packing heat none of his would happen. Mostly because there'd be a lot fewer of us.

I kid, I kid.

I'm an old fart at this point, but I'd just as soon not see more security at the parks. Or anywhere, for that matter. We're assuming the worst in people, and that's allowing us to become more of a police anger surveillance state than I thought we'd ever be. But it translates into everything -- we get mad at parks because we assume the person who wronged us did it will malicious intent, whether it was bumping into us in a line or spilling a drink on us or cussing in front of our kids. Likewise, because we assume others are acting badly, it frees us up to act a little badly ourselves. And so on and so on.

The only fights I've ever seen there were about parade/fireworks viewing spots. But while they were only verbal, they were nasty. But now that WDW has started serving booze (that's true, isn't it?) I can imagine it will get worse.

See, there I go again. Assuming the worst in people. Reform, I guess, begins at home. :)

The only fights I've ever seen there were about parade/fireworks viewing spots. But while they were only verbal, they were nasty. But now that WDW has started serving booze (that's true, isn't it?) I can imagine it will get worse.

See, there I go again. Assuming the worst in people. Reform, I guess, begins at home. :)

At the Magic Kingdom the only places that serve alcohol are the table service restaurants. Not much chance of getting drunk that way.

At the Magic Kingdom the only places that serve alcohol are the table service restaurants. Not much chance of getting drunk that way.

Thanks. I thought they were serving take-away drinks at Skipper's Canteen. Glad I was wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter