Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my theory:

The 74-day FP window that some people recently had was not a glitch. It was a test. They wanted to make sure that the programming would work before rolling it out to everyone. The plan being to charge onsite guests a fee for early FP access, similar to the CL level package but without the extra 3 special FP. Guests who buy it will have that programming code added to their account. Guests who don’t purchase it will still get 60 days and offsite guests will still get 30.

That’s why they had to stop the rolling 60 for throwaway rooms and why they had to “break” the 60+ advantage for split stays.

Now, how many FPs each guest will continue to get is up for debate. But I think that this is the route they’re going.
I really think this is what’s happening, the 74 day thing isn’t a glitch.

Every post Martin makes seems to be less and less restrictive from the original posts.
Well that is how someone presenting rumors maintains a good deal of accuracy. They present the rumor, say things are up in the air, present alternate solutions as times goes on and the initial details don't seem right anymore, and finally at the end once the rumor (in some form comes true) they have legitimacy because one of the options they presented was covered in their discussion. Martin seems to have insider knowledge on this issue but I suspect it isn't as much as we believe, I don't even think he tries to sell it that way (aside from his comments on not wanting to get people in trouble) but people on the board attribute more to his rumors than he intends.

I personally believe Martin is right in that changes are coming and don't intend to dispute that. However, if he truly knew the details his rumor "changes/updates" in the span of 3 days wouldn't be so dramatic if he knew all the details. A large corporation doesn't/won't move that fast especially with a majority of that time being a weekend. I think it's hard to peg on one of the changes with this rumor because of the back and forth he keeps having on "possible" changes so I would say it is very open and I take all of the changes with a grain of salt except for the broad rumor that some Paid FP set-up is coming.

I really think this is what’s happening, the 74 day thing isn’t a glitch.
How can it not be a glitch? If you have to refresh and try over and over again for it to work, it's a glitch.

Unless you mean some form of 74 days FP is eventually going to happen, then yes I agree with you.

But, some people being able to get to that now... that is certainly a glitch.

I wouldn't hate this
Nor would I. We have a 3-night CL stay booked for next month. The only reason that I didn’t buy the CL FP package was because I didn’t really need 3 days of extra FPs at the end of my trip. I decided to spend the money (and then some) on DAH tickets instead. But if some sort of expanded booking window were to be offered, especially with 3 “anywhere” FPs like CL has now, I’d pay a reasonable price for it.

How can it not be a glitch? If you have to refresh and try over and over again for it to work, it's a glitch.

Unless you mean some form of 74 days FP is eventually going to happen, then yes I agree with you.

No. It’s just a bug in the programming that needs to be fixed. That’s what tests are for.

Simple, they are intentionally choosing certain people to test with based on unknown criteria to see if they could allow some this ability and still maintain the 60 day booking windows for everyone else. This one would make some sense and would be workable.

Martin posted an update just now:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/version-of-maxpass-coming-to-wdw-in-may.953428/page-16

Looks like they want to limit re-riding.

We rode FoP 3 times on the same day with FP last week. Looks like that may go bye bye unless you pay.

As someone who has never been able to get a FP for Flight of Passage (in advance, day of, whatever) I am ok with this if it better enables more people to get to ride it once each day (obviously a negative for other people)

As someone who has never been able to get a FP for Flight of Passage (in advance, day of, whatever) I am ok with this if it better enables more people to get to ride it once each day (obviously a negative for other people)
But if you don't get the FP you're looking for, would you be refunded?? Sticky area.

Simple, they are intentionally choosing certain people to test with based on unknown criteria to see if they could allow some this ability and still maintain the 60 day booking windows for everyone else.
But, those people need to log in over and over again to get it to work. For each FP they try for. So, they are not choosing certain people.

How many people do you normally have in your party? If it's 3 or less I hope to be at AK the same day as you sometime and I will grab a set of FP's for FOP just to let you use in my place. Unless this rumour comes true of no re-rides, then you're on your own.

You've never been able to get one? I have gotten one even day of. I am kind of surprised by that. Though my last few trips have been solo.

Bug = glitch, doesn't it?
No. Opening up the 74-day window to selected guests is not a glitch. It’s a test. The need to constantly refresh in order to select each new FP is a programming bug that needs to be addressed. Tests are done to expose bugs. That’s one that those selected guests exposed. And they didn’t get paid to do it.

Martin posted an update just now:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/version-of-maxpass-coming-to-wdw-in-may.953428/page-16

Looks like they want to limit re-riding.

We rode FoP 3 times on the same day with FP last week. Looks like that may go bye bye unless you pay.

And, with the rumor of someone saying they were able to ride FOP multiple times with something new coming in May, makes sense.
I would not be surprised if there is more than just a paid FP change. With the 74 day FP "glitch", I wonder if they are going to have a few changes announced.

No. Opening up the 74-day window to selected guests is not a glitch. It’s a test. The need to constantly refresh in order to select each new FP is a programming bug that needs to be addressed. Tests are done to expose bugs. That’s one that those selected guests exposed. And they didn’t get paid to do it.
Is this your guess, or based on info from somewhere?

Alternative theory is that they are working on 74 day FP for some set of guests, but that system is going live occasionally (but shouldn't be)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter