Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fastpass costs at places like Universal you can hit everything in one day, park hopping is extremely easy. Stay premier you get 2 days for one night. Disneyworld park hopping is entirely different it is a time sink, how many will drop park hopping tickets due to a possible cost now for fastpass. Why do you take Disney transportation, because the cost of Disney hotels is so high.

We have to fly from west coast, so if we are going it has to be for a week+. We always pay for maxpass at Disneyland, the value for this is great. If Disneyworld is inline with that cost we will pay for it. If not we will no longer make trips to Disneyworld, which is sad because all of my family is on the east coast. Family meet ups will be without us. I am going for vacation, I want to relax and enjoy my stay. Rushing to get everything done because we only have the "good passes" for this many days makes Disneyworld no fun.

I agree that there are those (like you) that for some reason love Disney Transportation. However, there are many just like me that hate it. I have been going for years and I have never, not even once, been on a Disney bus that was pleasant and just as quick about getting to my resort as a rental car.

I have. :confused3 Plus then I don't have to worry about drinking or having to go back to get the car (like when park hopping between Epcot and DHS, when it's easiest to just walk). We had a car last October and only used it to go to DHS, because that was when you had to be in the park for the first ROTR boarding group drop.

I have. :confused3 Plus then I don't have to worry about drinking or having to go back to get the car (like when park hopping between Epcot and DHS, when it's easiest to just walk). We had a car last October and only used it to go to DHS, because that was when you had to be in the park for the first ROTR boarding group drop.

We normally beat family to resort by 20 - 45 min taking rental car over Disney transportation. Faster park hopping as well except for 2 times out of 15 with us driving. We were always at meet up spot first. In epcot that meant us walking into showcase for dinner reservations.

We normally beat family to resort by 20 - 45 min taking rental car over Disney transportation. Faster park hopping as well except for 2 times out of 15 with us driving. We were always at meet up spot first. In epcot that meant us walking into showcase for dinner reservations.

It helps to know the most efficient routes. Like sure you can take a bus from MK to Epcot, but it usually works better to go to BC/YC/BW and walk into the international gateway instead. And going to/from Saratoga for Disney Springs.
Most of my family are pokey, so any sort of time comparison wouldn't really work. That's why I usually only travel with my sister, we have it down to a science.

I don't get this. How are you punished?
Upwards of a $1000 a night for a studio hotel room (at deluxe)? $250+ for a motel with cartoons on the wall? There is still a premium on theme park view. Most (not all) people got those rooms to be able to watch fireworks from their rooms.

The Deluxe hotels are only "deluxe" in the context of WDW when you compare them to the value and moderate options.

I'm not faulting anyone for staying on-site. Like I said before, it's a preference for many. But you're paying a massive mark up for the location and a few minor extras.

I am aware most of the benefits are missing because of Covid, but the pricing is higher than it was pre-Covid.

Upwards of a $1000 a night for a studio hotel room (at deluxe)? $250+ for a motel with cartoons on the wall? There is still a premium on theme park view. Most (not all) people got those rooms to be able to watch fireworks from their rooms.

The Deluxe hotels are only "deluxe" in the context of WDW when you compare them to the value and moderate options.

I'm not faulting anyone for staying on-site. Like I said before, it's a preference for many. But you're paying a massive mark up for the location and a few minor extras.

I am aware most of the benefits are missing because of Covid, but the pricing is higher than it was pre-Covid.

No wonder you guys are so salty about this. You prefer the Deluxe resorts. On our honeymoon in 1999, we spent 1 night at the Grand Floridian for what was at that time a pretty high price IMHO of I think $400ish per night. Decided never again when all we got was a room comparable to what you'd get at a Marriott or Hyatt which ran (in those days) maybe $150 per night. For the way we do Disney, all the room provides us is a place to sleep. The Value resorts have served us well for 10+ years now and the room quality is still just as good as most hotel chains in America these days. Just booked for the end of August at Pop Century for ~$150 a night. Pretty affordable IMHO. I'm still having sticker shock to see what they're charging for the Moderates and Deluxes for the same trip. I don't see how anyone can justify paying $6-900 per night for these places. But people evidently are still paying it or they wouldn't charge those kinds of rates.

I don't know why so many believe Covid is the reason for these changes. Many of these changes they have wanted to do for awhile and Covid gives them the excuse to do it.
100%

Years from now they will look back and thank their lucky stars for Covid.

I don't know why so many believe Covid is the reason for these changes. Many of these changes they have wanted to do for awhile and Covid gives them the excuse to do it.

Is there somewhere around here that a person has defined "these changes"? I keep seeing it thrown around in just about every thread where Disney has made "all these changes" to save money and be cheap (not because of a global pandemic) but I'm not clear on what the exact list is...

It's like in my world of working in IT when a user tells us "everyone is having issues"...very nebulous complaint with very few facts to explain the details.

No wonder you guys are so salty about this. You prefer the Deluxe resorts
I don't care as much about the property as I do about the space in the room. I prefer to not sleep in the same room as my kids after spending all day at the parks with them. It's hard to unwind when they are passed out 3 feet from you!

We are doing a large family trip in November and we rented points. That is the way to do it, IMO, if you want extra space on Disney property. We were able to get the GV at BLT for the same price as 3 standard garden wing
rooms at Contemporary. Each Family gets their own room to sleep in, but there is plenty of community space to unwind while the kids are asleep.

If it was just my family, we'd be staying off-site and splitting time between WDW and UO. I'd either do a VRBO with multiple rooms or use hotel points for larger rooms.

Larger rooms / suites booked directly through Disney are astronomically priced.

people evidently are still paying it or they wouldn't charge those kinds of rates.
100% true

Is there somewhere around here that a person has defined "these changes"? I keep seeing it thrown around in just about every thread where Disney has made "all these changes" to save money and be cheap (not because of a global pandemic) but I'm not clear on what the exact list is...

It's like in my world of working in IT when a user tells us "everyone is having issues"...very nebulous complaint with very few facts to explain the details.

No FP
Less shows
No true parades
No meet and greets
No fireworks
Bye Bye DME
No true After Hours
No EMM PM hours
Shorter overall hours
I'm sure others can add more

I'm aware most of these will come back in some form, but again the pricing is higher than pre-covid.

It helps to know the most efficient routes. Like sure you can take a bus from MK to Epcot, but it usually works better to go to BC/YC/BW and walk into the international gateway instead. And going to/from Saratoga for Disney Springs.
Most of my family are pokey, so any sort of time comparison wouldn't really work. That's why I usually only travel with my sister, we have it down to a science.
They knew the routes, driving the rental was the better option almost every single time.

Individual situations vary of course.

Having AP, staying DVC on dues, and owning a home nearby certainly helped.

But some of our best park visits have been over the last year with the Covid changes. Especially escaping winter and MN lockdowns. These will be trips we will never forget in a very positive light.

Literally walked on FoP and Safari many afternoons around 4PM.

Had our own monorail cabins many times.

Had our own Skyliner cabin every time.

Spread out on rides took longer, but spacing was still great to have. Such as having our own boat for Frozen etc.

Pretty much owned the Deluxe pools and properties, resorts were partially closed.

Line spacing was a glorious thing.

When we did drive-parking was always a short/er walk up by the parks.

We never do M&G's any more, but loved countless character encounters with very close up mini parades and Park entrance/exits.

Almost never had more than a couple guests ahead of us for EPCOT food booths, can't even guess how many nights we spent there.

When we did open parks, we pretty much knocked everything out in the morning.

Wide open spaces in the parks as most folks headed to lines.

Really loved having that escape available.

The last thing I want to do after a long day at the parks is drive back to the hotel, when the option is there for someone to drive me back for free. Not having to worry about driving if I've had some drinks is also very nice. I also usually fly and don't want to deal with getting a rental car (especially right now, holy moly) and paying for that. Also adding in the cost of parking. Driving to MK is almost never faster. But I will gladly take the few extra minutes it might take to use Disney transportation to take out one less thing to worry about throughout the trip.

when the option is there for someone to drive me back for free
It's not free

But hey, again, to each their own. I don't fault people for staying on-site. I get the reasons why.

My point was pre-covid the prices were high, but there were a decent amount value adds for staying on site. Right now, the prices are even higher and there are very few value adds for staying on-site.

SDMT is making babies wait in line and when you get close to the entrance they pull you out of the line and then do a rider switch.

can Disney get any more insulting to us full price paying guests

It's not free

But hey, again, to each their own. I don't fault people for staying on-site. I get the reasons why.

My point was pre-covid the prices were high, but there were a decent amount value adds for staying on site. Right now, the prices are even higher and there are very few value adds for staying on-site.
Ok included, is that a better word for you? I mean this whole thread is about FPs no longer being free, but those were never free either.

Either way, I'll gladly pay around $150/night (though I've paid as little as $110/night within the last 10 months) for a place to shower and sleep (that's all I use the room/resort for) if it's decorated in Disney decor and includes transportation to the parks. Anything more than that is a bonus.

I'll stop getting off topic now.

I mean this whole thread is about FPs no longer being free, but those were never free either.
You are correct, those were never free either, but now they are (more than likely) coming back with an explicit paid component. Are ticket prices or hotel prices going to come down to offset that? Nope.

But again, I have no beef with you staying on-site. None. I get it.

My point is everyone used to get more with their on-site stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter