Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be surprised if they don't start to monetize by the time the 50th rolls around. The resorts are packed from then through the end of the year with rescheduled trips from 2020. Time to cash in.
I wouldn't be one bit surprised if WDW announced that a new membership perk ( or paying cash for
Disney room) was the 3 fast passes that were free before and staying offsite or not having a "bluecard" will cost you to get fast passes.

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if WDW announced that a new membership perk ( or paying cash for
Disney room) was the 3 fast passes that were free before and staying offsite or not having a "bluecard" will cost you to get fast passes.
So back to the way it was, but only charging off-site people? Maybe, but on-site people spend more money and are more likely to spend more to make their trip more "magical" / easier.

So back to the way it was, but only charging off-site people? Maybe, but on-site people spend more money and are more likely to spend more to make their trip more "magical" / easier.
The perk to staying on site is that you get your 1st 3 for free. I think they will offer more like they did for club level for an additional fee.

Another consideration... would paid "lightning pass" be available on an "ala carte" basis (i.e., can choose for only the specific days and/or # of guests you want) or will it be similar to DDP where you must purchase it for every person staying in the room for the entire length of stay?

With a lot of the changes that Disney has made over the past couple of years, my wife and i are left asking each other, "what's the point of staying onsite now?"

It would be nice if Disney would offer a reason to do so, maybe free fast passes for those staying onsite, if they start to charge for them.

With a lot of the changes that Disney has made over the past couple of years, my wife and i are left asking each other, "what's the point of staying onsite now?"
It’s this exactly. I’m not paying more to stay onsite if I can stay somewhere of equal or better quality offsite for less - unless there is a valuable onsite perk. A huge part of the draw for me in a Disney vacation vs any other theme park vacation, is staying in the Disney bubble. If I’m not staying in the bubble I probably just won’t stay at all 🤷🏼‍♀️

It would be nice if Disney would offer a reason to do so, maybe free fast passes for those staying onsite, if they start to charge for them.
The perks and benefits of staying onsite are being slashed by Cheapek and will continue to be ie. Magical Express.

Still waiting to hear about the FastPass option they come up with. Then we will decide if we are staying on or off property.

I feel like at this point it's gonna be something for Jan 1st. But I hope it's earlier for the 50th...

Yeah I imagine if they do anything they would need to announce it at least a few months in advance to allow for people to decide if they want to purchase it and adjust - along with train CMs on how it will work. October seems like it might be too soon, although they could announce it in July and still have plenty of time.

IMO, there isn't one. At least not a compelling one. Staying on-site right now is just a matter of preference. You are not rewarded (financially) for it. In fact, you are punished.

Potentially getting FP+ free or at a reasonable fee is the only reason it is still a possibility for us right now. If they charge too much then I will be staying off-site.

IMO, there isn't one. At least not a compelling one. Staying on-site right now is just a matter of preference. You are not rewarded (financially) for it. In fact, you are punished.

I don't get this. How are you punished?

All this ire against Disney for things they've had to put on hold due to Covid.
Putting on hold for Covid =/= Being specifically cheap.

I still see a benefit for staying in the Disney bubble. If for nothing else, that you don't have to rent a car and then pay for parking every day at the parks. Free transportation from the resorts to the parks is still a plus in my book. Especially the Skyliner resorts easy access to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. As well as Epcot as a gateway to MK at some point in the near future. So I would argue the price difference between a value resort and then staying offsite and having to pay for a rental and parking every day would be a wash at best.

I don't get this. How are you punished?

You get charged for parking at the resort for starters. Nothing but a money grab.

All this ire against Disney for things they've had to put on hold due to Covid.
Putting on hold for Covid =/= Being specifically cheap.

There are some things they did not have to do.

I still see a benefit for staying in the Disney bubble.

Not everyone does.

If for nothing else, that you don't have to rent a car and then pay for parking every day at the parks.

We rent a car for three reasons. #1, Disney transportation is horrible. #2, We go off-site (beach, shopping, etc) enough to need one. and #3, Disney transportation is horrible.

Free transportation from the resorts to the parks is still a plus in my book.

Not ours. Too cold, too slow, too packed.

Especially the Skyliner resorts easy access to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

Skyliner is too slow to be a competitive option. We will only ride the Skyliner as an attraction experience. Once.

So I would argue the price difference between a value resort and then staying offsite and having to pay for a rental and parking every day would be a wash at best.

Not even close. Getting a package and staying on-site in a Value for a party of three will cost us $500 - $800 more versus staying off-site and paying for park parking.

You get charged for parking at the resort for starters. Nothing but a money grab.

There are some things they did not have to do.

Not everyone does.

We rent a car for three reasons. #1, Disney transportation is horrible. #2, We go off-site (beach, shopping, etc) enough to need one. and #3, Disney transportation is horrible.

Not ours. Too cold, too slow, too packed.

Skyliner is too slow to be a competitive option. We will only ride the Skyliner as an attraction experience. Once.

Not even close. Getting a package and staying on-site in a Value for a party of three will cost us $500 - $800 more versus staying off-site and paying for park parking.
Couldn't disagree more about transportation, never been an issue for me. And the Skyliner is a total game changer, I will pretty much only stay at one of those resorts now. It's definitely not slow.

Couldn't disagree more about transportation, never been an issue for me. And the Skyliner is a total game changer, I will pretty much only stay at one of those resorts now. It's definitely not slow.

I agree that there are those (like you) that for some reason love Disney Transportation. However, there are many just like me that hate it. I have been going for years and I have never, not even once, been on a Disney bus that was pleasant and just as quick about getting to my resort as a rental car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter