Paid extra for SW Early Bird and got B15+

They're all happy places, right?
Happy, sure - but Walt Disney World is The Most Magical Place on Earth.

When companies (or individuals) use superlatives, there can be only one of the thing: Happiest, Most, Best, etc.

Anyway, Disney's tag lines - not mine.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

I am holding one in my hand - on the left hand side it clearly says EARLY BIRD in bold letters.

Our passes from last weekend did as well.
We printed them out at the airports to avoid fiddling with our phones while boarding.

we bought the early bird for a flight before and wound up getting B group which was fine as we still got our seats together with no problem.

What irritated me was that while we got a B designation for boarding after purchasing early bird they were announcing at the gate that if you wanted to board with the A group to come up to the desk to see the gate agents.

we bought the early bird for a flight before and wound up getting B group which was fine as we still got our seats together with no problem.

What irritated me was that while we got a B designation for boarding after purchasing early bird they were announcing at the gate that if you wanted to board with the A group to come up to the desk to see the gate agents.
Why would that bug you?

What the gate agents are talking about is Upgraded Boarding which you pay a fee (per person and per leg just like EBCI) at the gate to do that. It's available for any leftover positions in the A1-A15 boarding positions. Anyone can do that.

upload_2019-4-20_20-22-57.png
upload_2019-4-20_20-23-19.png

There is no reason to be upset over that.

Why would that bug you?

What the gate agents are talking about is Upgraded Boarding which you pay a fee (per person and per leg just like EBCI) at the gate to do that. It's available for any leftover positions in the A1-A15 boarding positions. Anyone can do that.

View attachment 395751
View attachment 395752

Thanks for that information. Now I know I was irritated for nothing. My fault for not knowing the rules. :-)

NGTOD

Why would that bug you?

View attachment 395751
View attachment 395752

About a year ago I had A38. I had paid for EBCI so that I didn't have to worry about checking in while at WDW. Fine. However, when I got to the airport to fly home I was tired, cranky, didn't feel great. So, up to the desk I went, paid to board in the A1-25 spots. The gate agent looked at me and said 'But you have an A slot now!'. Yep, I want a window exit row seat, so paid for it. Got A2!!! Well worth the $40 I spent.

I umpired the USSSA World Series in 2017. Forgot to check in at T-24 so ended up at C-6. After working 19 games and running 30 miles over three days I was dead on my feet. I paid for upgraded boarding and got A-1. Took the front row window and was asleep before the plane finished boarding.

About a year ago I had A38. I had paid for EBCI so that I didn't have to worry about checking in while at WDW. Fine. However, when I got to the airport to fly home I was tired, cranky, didn't feel great. So, up to the desk I went, paid to board in the A1-25 spots. The gate agent looked at me and said 'But you have an A slot now!'. Yep, I want a window exit row seat, so paid for it. Got A2!!! Well worth the $40 I spent.
A passenger who checked in late got A38.

Not if you're going to Disney during Spring Break and 99% of the plane will have toddlers and gets on before the B group.
Eh, just flew home on a flight that was like that last night. (just after Easter for those reading later)
DH and I were B 14/15. I do not buy ECBI because I don't think it's needed as I don't care if we sit together or not
Our flight had more preboards than I've ever seen. Not families, not sure who they were but at least 20 boarded before A1
Then there was a lot of families and this flight did not hold to 1 adult with the child, they let the entire party board.
So, over half the plane was full by the time we boarded.
There was still more than enough open seats for DH and I to set together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter