Packing Perishables in Carry-on...

Butter isn't a liquid or gel, unless it has melted, or it's whipped butter. Unless you get a picky TSA agent.

You can find butter packets at the Boardwalk Bakery or at Bellevue Lounge when it's open for continental breakfast.

That sounds logical, but I had an over-zealous security office insist that my solid deodorant be put in my (completely full) 3-1-1, because quote it could be melted into a liquid, unquote. Yes, well so can my husband's chocolate bars, or my gold earrings. And of course, I carry an acetylene torch on board with me so I can indeed melt stuff.

Now that made me LOL!!
I wanna know though, how do you get your acetylene torch through security??? :rolleyes:

I have used frozen grapes and baby carrots as an ice pack with success - they both tasted great after melting! The boardwalk bakery has butter packets and if they are still running it the Bellevue lounge breakfast did as well, just off the lobby.

Have a great trip and thanks for the tip on Amazon Prime Pantry, I do have it but never thought to use it for WDW!

We've used Prime Pantry several times at WDW, and last trip I ordered from Prime Now. A case of Dasani was only $4. The prices were actually cheaper than our grocery store at home! I got almond milk, water, and a few other items. Place the order the day before! Bell services delivered it to the room before we got into the room, and had even put the cold items in the fridge (we were at Pop). I got lunchables for $1 too. Didn't need them!

OP: If you have Amazon Prime, you may wish to look into whether Amazon Prime Now would meet your needs and this allow you to avoid the hassle and space that bringing the perishable items yourself would create. They do sell hot dogs, for example.

SW

My step-mother is always bringing frozen meat on the plane with her! Drives me nuts!!

okey doke.. don't laugh..... but if we are staying at a DVC studio with a microwave I will bring frozen smoked sausage and frozen cheddarwurst in the checked bags. by the time it gets ot my room, it is a bit defrosted. and I put it in the fridge.

I nuke it for a meal with microwave mac n cheese. I also bring cans of beef stew or chicken alal king to nuke in the studio.
sound cheap? nah,, then I have the money to spend on a few nice sit down dinners. and some nice mai tais at the bar.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter