Overview of Simpsons Ride

Simulator, done with a bunch of ride vehicles in front of the same giant screen. Very fun, but may upset those who don't like simulators.

I might be the only person in the US who's never seen a full episode of the Simpsons.

I found it to be one of the more intense simulator rides I have ridden. After riding it the first time my stomach did flips the rest of the day.

I rode it again the next day and sat in the back seat and had a much easier experience--no stomach flips the rest of the day.

Yep, it's a simulator. The basic premise of the ride is that you and the Simpsons family are "selected" to test a new ride at Krustyland. The new ride happens to be a roller coaster, which is why you might be confused. But you are in a car in front of a giant simulator screen, there is no real coaster track.

Of course, there is some "trouble" on the ride, as is usually the case when the Simpsons get involved with Krusty . . .

. . . but I don't want to spoil it for you, unless you want spoilers . . . :happytv:

It is a pretty intense ride. I didn't have any long-lasting problems, but once when I was in the very bottom row of cars, in the front, I did feel my stomach drop in a less-than-fun way. I never got sick, and was fine again in a few seconds, but after that I always tried to sit in the back and preferably not in the very bottom row.

If you're not prone to motion sickness, it's a fun ride . . . I probably rode at least 10 times and will definitelly do it again on my next trip. I haven't watched the Simpsons in a long time, but the ride brought back fond memories of watching the show with my brother and dad when I was younger.

The "ride" cars have 2 rows, 4 people in each. One lap bar comes down for all 4 so make sure you sit with similar sized people, a 80 lb. girl next to a 300 lb. man will bounce around a lot. Back row is covered so really tall people will hit their heads. Just before you go into the car room, the doorway has a line on the side that tells you if you are too tall. Everyone prefers the front row so be quick when you go in. Pay attention to all the story-line in the queue, it really make the ride better when you know that stuff.

Soooo...If I have a kid (11) who loves simulator rides (Star Tours is his fave and he was ok on Soarin') but dislikes rollercoasters because of the scary feeling in his stomach, I wonder if he would be ok on this ride, in the back row. I sincerely hope so. He has heard about how "awesome and funny" this ride is from a friend and he fully intends to ride it. I just don't want it to ruin his day. I didn't realize it was a rollercoaster simulation. How much does the ride car actually move? Like, if we just close our eyes and not see the screen, what will we still feel?
TIA!

I rode it again the next day and sat in the back seat and had a much easier experience--no stomach flips the rest of the day.
That's why I can't ride it anymore...the back seat. I stopped riding BTTF because of the constant head banging caused by my 6'2" frame and naturally fat head. I didn't think walking around with a massive headache the rest of the day was fun. The Simpsons uses the same ride vehicle so there is no change for me. I rode it during the passholder preview when it first opened but haven't since.

Soooo...If I have a kid (11) who loves simulator rides (Star Tours is his fave and he was ok on Soarin') but dislikes rollercoasters because of the scary feeling in his stomach, I wonder if he would be ok on this ride, in the back row. I sincerely hope so. He has heard about how "awesome and funny" this ride is from a friend and he fully intends to ride it. I just don't want it to ruin his day. I didn't realize it was a rollercoaster simulation. How much does the ride car actually move? Like, if we just close our eyes and not see the screen, what will we still feel?
TIA!

With eyes closed, you'll of course feel bumps and jerks. Something akin I imagine to riding a jeep in one of those mountain climbing commercials--no worse.

The roller coaster portion per se is short and in the very beginning, but the ride doesn't miss any opportunities to make it feel like you're falling, shooting, flying, etc. Thats what fun sims do. ;)

I think if he likes Star Tours, he'll like this. :thumbsup2

TIA!

I'm the same way. I LOVE simulators but hate roller coasters (I hate the drop feeling). I love the Simpsons ride and have never once have felt sick. Just my experience :goodvibes

That's why I can't ride it anymore...the back seat. I stopped riding BTTF because of the constant head banging caused by my 6'2" frame and naturally fat head. I didn't think walking around with a massive headache the rest of the day was fun. The Simpsons uses the same ride vehicle so there is no change for me. I rode it during the passholder preview when it first opened but haven't since.

When I've ridden Simpsons, they flat out tell taller people to sit in the front, NOT the back. Just sit in the front!

The nice thing about the rollercoaster sensation is that it's almost all a mind trick. Close your eyes, and no more rollercoaster sensation. Trust me, I've done it!

The room itself is like a weird sort of Soarin' room. I didn't know this because I sat in the back on my first ride, with DS, while hubby, a bigger guy, sat in front (as directed by the TMs). Being short and in the back, with the walls that go too high for me to see over, I just thought it was us seeing it. When I sat in front with hubby on the next ride we took, I could see the "auditorium". And just like on Soarin', if you close your eyes, most of the funny stomach feelings go away. And like on Soarin', there's at least one smell-o-vision part, which is funny. :)

When I sat in front with hubby on the next ride we took, I could see the "auditorium".

That's the other reason I disliked sitting in the front . . . it totally ruined the "effect" of the ride for me. Sitting in the back, with the higher sides, I could only see the screen and my own car unless I turned my head or leaned forward and purposely looked for the other cars.

Luckily, I'm short, so the top of the car didn't bother me. :thumbsup2

Well, I am 5'3" so no worries about hitting my head! By the way we missed BTTF by about a month. Disappointed I never got to ride it

I rode it 2x this week.The first time was in the front seat and I Got super nauseous and my neck hurt.The 2nd time was the last row and I was able to put my head back and it worked out better.There are no headrests on the other rows.Only the back

i love the simpsons ride, but i also loved BTTF. if you watch the videos of BTTF though, you realise how grey and boring it was, whereas simpsons is just full of colour. it definately needed some love.
the ride itself isn't that bad. you just get jolted around a bit. i'm sure if you close your eyes it'll just seem like someone is a really bad driver.
besides, my mom will go on it, and she won't go on alot.

btw i love how they did that building. you think you're the only one riding, then when you look to the left/right, there's cars all around, all doing exactly what you're doing lol. there's also 2 auditoriums with a screen each, so it's quite a high capacity ride.

I rode it once after it opened. I am a huge Simpsons fan, and once is enough. My sister, riding it later, summed it up very nicely in a text to me "Went on Simpsons. Cute, but oh so urpy." She doesn't get motion sick btw and does fine on coasters, as do I. But Spiderman and all the other simulators where things don't line up 100% make me feel gross, including Soarin' so grain of salt for my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!