Overcoming the Anti-Disney Spouse - What about our wedding vows ?

my husband was anti-disney but liked theme parks. we went on our honeymoon to DL as a compromise and he found that going off peak with someone who knew how to tour the park made it a much more enjoyable experience. for me when I was dating someone who was opposed to my love of disney or jimmy buffett just wasn't for me as I love them for what they stand for, as my husband says, artificial happiness that is bought for a price. as a friend once said about JB, she just couldn't see herself with someone who hated him, as who would want to be with someone who hated drinking and beaches that much? lol.

Lol, we arent joined at the hip but we do take family vacations together as a family. We also go where we want without eachother, or without the kids, or without one or more of the kids. Those arent family vacations though.
We just celebrated 20 years of marriage last summer so we are surviving just fine too :)

Gotcha. It sounded like you could only go places you were both willing to go. Thanks for clarifying.

We'd both miss out on a lot if that were the case for us! (We actually didn't take many family vacations when the kids were young...too much work!)

My husband hates the idea of going on a cruise. He wouldn't be able to enjoy it thinking about the possibility of noro virus and raging seas. I've never been on one and had hoped to one day. That's most likely never going to happen due to his aversion. I don't see the point of making him feel bad about that.

My husband on the other hand will go to Disney. He likes it well enough, and that's in large part because I take his wants into great consideration when planning. If he had hated it after our trip together, I would have gone with my plan b of going with my mom.

On the flip side, my husband would love to go back to Cochella. The festival sounds like a nightmare to me. But, I will go to concerts with him even though I'm not a huge concert person.

We compromise because we love each other (not to imply that anyone on this tread does not love their spouse). That means we do things we would prefer not to for each other and it also means we respect when the other person really does not want to do something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter