Outside 11 month window 2021

Jaguar Skills

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Looking for some advice. We are looking at purchasing our first DVC contract. We would look to go next year but if circumstances dictate we cannot go (Covid or my OH getting pregnant) then we would defer to 2022. We are coming from the UK so would look to stay around 3 weeks.

My question is given we will probably miss the 11 month window for booking, if we cannot get a WDW DVC Hotel, is there likely to be availability at Hilton Head, Vero Beach or Aulani?

You will most likely still be able to get a booking at WDW - just maybe not at your home resort. We have gotten reservations within the 7 month window several times. Typically you can always find something at Old Key West or Saratoga.

The dates you Target will have a lot of relevance for your ability to get a unit somewhere. Size of unit also matters.

Summer studios at HHI are hard.

We would be looking to go out of season next year as our son won’t start school till September so probably Mid April

Hi all,

Looking for some advice. We are looking at purchasing our first DVC contract. We would look to go next year but if circumstances dictate we cannot go (Covid or my OH getting pregnant) then we would defer to 2022. We are coming from the UK so would look to stay around 3 weeks.

My question is given we will probably miss the 11 month window for booking, if we cannot get a WDW DVC Hotel, is there likely to be availability at Hilton Head, Vero Beach or Aulani?
Have you seen the fantastic DVC availability spreadsheets @skier_pete put together?
https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-bd-charts-september-2019-2-bd-added.3689931/

We would be looking to go out of season next year as our son won’t start school till September so probably Mid April

Spring Break in the US runs from March-April. Easter vacation is also during April next year. Those are busy times. However, I don't know if they are as busy for DVC as for regular hotels, but I suspect so. Definitely look at the charts that @RhodyKP listed and understand what they mean. They are very helpful for understanding how many points you need to get what you want and what to expect at each resort.

Hi all,

As mentioned the Skier Pete chart are great. They have Aulani, but don't have VB or HHI. I have been working on the VB and HHI charts for Pete for the last 10.5 months. VB has decent availability at 7 months. The GV are toughest year round and very difficult in the summer at 7 months. The studios and 1BR are open at 7 months. 2BR are mostly in the summer months, but open the rest of the year. HHI is a tougher. In summer all but 2BR go quickly at 7 months. Outside of summer only the GV are limited any time of the year. They are gone for almost all holidays at 7 months.

Thanks everyone, looks like the home resort that we would look at - SSR seems to have good availability although with all of these DVC points floating around it is probably likely to be even harder!

As mentioned the Skier Pete chart are great. They have Aulani, but don't have VB or HHI. I have been working on the VB and HHI charts for Pete for the last 10.5 months. VB has decent availability at 7 months. The GV are toughest year round and very difficult in the summer at 7 months. The studios and 1BR are open at 7 months. 2BR are mostly in the summer months, but open the rest of the year. HHI is a tougher. In summer all but 2BR go quickly at 7 months. Outside of summer only the GV are limited any time of the year. They are gone for almost all holidays at 7 months.
Thank you. I know collecting that data over a year is a lot of work. I'm sure many of us look forward to seeing the results, and appreciate your willingness to do this for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter