OUTPLAN-OUTPLAY-OUTLAST: a Sleepingbooty TR! New Princess trip update 4/2

Oh, okay. Well, what I did in this case is found a Survivor logo I liked on Google and saved it to my computer. Then I opened it in Paint.net, which is a free, open source software similar to Photoshop. Then I painted over the word "Survivor" and created a new layer and typed September 2010 Trip Report (or whatever it says). Oh, actually, first I had to find a free Survivor like font to download (which was easy to find). Then I did something similar to the word Outwit to change it to say Outplay. If you don't have Photoshop and are too cheap (like me) to lay out for it, you should try Paint.net. Its not as good, but you can really do quite a bit of stuff with it. I'll probably buy Photoshop Elements, but we are planning on getting a Mac in a couple months, so it would be a waste of money to buy a Windows version now. I'll just wait.

Actually, I don't know really how much my dad's personality is like Frank Zappa - but people have always said he looks like him. Probably less so now that his hair has gone all gray. When I was a little kid, he wore it in a ponytail. So, looks: Zappa, personality: Oscar

You should totally write that report - I love retro reports!

The Plan of Attack

Boss! De Plan! De Plan!
(sidenote: did anyone else watch Fantasy Island way back when?
Never heard of it.

Sleepingbooty said:
Now, there are those who disagree, but I LOVE the free dining discount. We typically stay at the Moderate resorts, so it works out to save us more money off our total than a 35% room only code would (which we had at one point). I also fall in the camp that feels the dining plan is a good deal in general, so we typically buy it even if it isn't free. We've become accustomed to eating one table service meal each day while we are at Disney, and we spend more doing that out of pocket than the cost of the plan. And I DO so love not even bothering to look at the right hand side of the menu. THAT in and of itself is a vacation to me!
I wholeheartedly agree.

Sleepingbooty said:

So here is the gist of our Plan of Attack:
  • Fly into MCO on Friday, September 17th in the evening
  • Stay at Caribbean Beach Resort 9/17 - 9/25
  • 8 day base tickets for the parks
  • 1 full day at Islands of Adventure (a surprise for the girls)
  • 1 day at Typhoon Lagoon
  • Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party on Tuesday, 9/21
  • ADRs at:
  • Ohana
  • Whispering Canyon Cafe
  • Le Cellier
  • Chef Mickey's
  • 1900 Park Fare
  • 50's Prime Time
  • Hoop De Doo Review

2010plans.jpg

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......pretty spreadsheet. ME LIKE!

Great start! I can't wait to read more!

GB!!! A hale and hearty :welcome: to the King of TRs! So glad to have you back around these parts and especially here on my lil ole thread:goodvibes

OMG I was drawn to your TR immediately b/c of my Survivor obsession... I actually just finished watching Heroes Vs Villians for a SECOND time b/c I just can't wait til February for the new season. I LOVE your logo.

Your kids are so cute and I love the description of your parents - LOL! Frank Zappa & Oscar the Grouch? Awesome awesome.

Can't wait for more!!

I'm afraid you'll have to wait at least another day and a half...:sad1::guilty:

I am sitting on the floor in the commons area at Bek's Comm. College while she's in class- then I have to help her take care of a few "housekeeping" issues (bus pass, add/drop ballroom dancing, etc...) then will drive back to POrtland. I haven't even started writing my C chapter yet, nor unloaded the pix. Sooooooooo.... could take a bit.

Meantime, maybe, just maybe, I can catch up on a few of the threads i'm on.

OMG I was drawn to your TR immediately b/c of my Survivor obsession... I actually just finished watching Heroes Vs Villians for a SECOND time b/c I just can't wait til February for the new season. I LOVE your logo.

:banana: Hi there!!!! You know its funny, I haven't actually watched Survivor in a couple years - but I did used to be a big fan. We did actually have a Survivor moment on this trip though - I think about day 4. Won't give it away yet but it was very funny and inspired my title.

Your kids are so cute and I love the description of your parents - LOL! Frank Zappa & Oscar the Grouch? Awesome awesome.

Can't wait for more!!

Thanks! Working on an update now....

I'm afraid you'll have to wait at least another day and a half...:sad1::guilty:

I am sitting on the floor in the commons area at Bek's Comm. College while she's in class- then I have to help her take care of a few "housekeeping" issues (bus pass, add/drop ballroom dancing, etc...) then will drive back to POrtland. I haven't even started writing my C chapter yet, nor unloaded the pix. Sooooooooo.... could take a bit.

Meantime, maybe, just maybe, I can catch up on a few of the threads i'm on.

Darn. We are predicting a snow day tomorrow - perfect DIS-ing weather, was hoping I'd have Liesa update.

Wait, what are you posting on - you said you are at the college? Your new netbook?

GB!!! A hale and hearty :welcome: to the King of TRs! So glad to have you back around these parts and especially here on my lil ole thread:goodvibes
I think Jordan and Zzub will alwas be the TR kings, even In Absentia. But thanks for the welcome ! Seeing a lot of familiar faces here. Followed you over from Glenn.

Hi Rebecca!! I love the start to your TR and am looking forward to read more about your trip. :goodvibes

And don't worry about a late start. I am moving with ours at a snail's pace so I am sure you will be able to finish way faster than me even though our trip was a year ago and I am still writing the TR!! :scared1:

I'm following over from Glenn's also! :wave2:

Loved Fantasy Island as a kid, wanted to get Season 1 for my middle son for Christmas (he loves old TV shows), but hubby didn't think Ryne would like it. :confused3 Right now he's watching Charlie's Angels, Monk, MacGyver and Smallville, he's finished off the Dick VanDyke shows.

We've never done the Dining Plan, maybe if it were free would try it, but we bought in to DVC and it's not free if you are using points, plus with the convenience of a kitchen in our rooms we keep breakfast food and sandwich supplies on hand, so we would probably never use all of the dining credits.

How fun to travel with your parents.....we did it once about 13-14 years ago and haven't been able to convince them to go again. After we bought our DVC and I was talking about our next trip to my mom she asked me how much longer we "had" to keep going there.:rolleyes1 I told her we "get" to keep going until 2042 (or something like that) :lmao: She just doesn't get the Disney love. :lovestruc I think Dad would like to go again sometime, but until she agrees to it he won't do it. :confused3

I think Jordan and Zzub will alwas be the TR kings, even In Absentia. But thanks for the welcome ! Seeing a lot of familiar faces here. Followed you over from Glenn.

Don't sell yourself short! I do miss Jordan, but I never knew Zzub. I've heard you and others mention him, but I don't think I've ever seen a thread by him. You have any links?

Hi Rebecca!! I love the start to your TR and am looking forward to read more about your trip. :goodvibes

And don't worry about a late start. I am moving with ours at a snail's pace so I am sure you will be able to finish way faster than me even though our trip was a year ago and I am still writing the TR!! :scared1:

Hi Magdalene! :welcome: Thanks for coming over! Actually, I'm glad yours (and some others I follow) hasn't moved too fast. That way, when life gets in the way and I get behind on the DIS, I don't miss too much. :)

I'm following over from Glenn's also! :wave2:

Loved Fantasy Island as a kid, wanted to get Season 1 for my middle son for Christmas (he loves old TV shows), but hubby didn't think Ryne would like it. :confused3 Right now he's watching Charlie's Angels, Monk, MacGyver and Smallville, he's finished off the Dick VanDyke shows.

:welcome: Glad to have ya! I haven't seen Fantasy Island in so many years, I wonder if it would hold up? Its not one of those that is played regularly on channels that feature oldies. Maybe I'll see if it's available on Netflix! Speaking of old shows, my husband got the first two seasons of The White Shadow for Christmas. Honestly, I'd never heard of it - but he is 10 years older than me:rolleyes1 He says it was his favorite as a kid.:confused3

We've never done the Dining Plan, maybe if it were free would try it, but we bought in to DVC and it's not free if you are using points, plus with the convenience of a kitchen in our rooms we keep breakfast food and sandwich supplies on hand, so we would probably never use all of the dining credits.

Right, having a kitchen would definitely help defray food cost - I'd have to totally redo my DP calculations on that one. Do you always use points, or do you ever do any extra trips and stay at other resorts?

How fun to travel with your parents.....we did it once about 13-14 years ago and haven't been able to convince them to go again. After we bought our DVC and I was talking about our next trip to my mom she asked me how much longer we "had" to keep going there.:rolleyes1 I told her we "get" to keep going until 2042 (or something like that) :lmao: She just doesn't get the Disney love. :lovestruc I think Dad would like to go again sometime, but until she agrees to it he won't do it. :confused3

Honestly, its fun - but that much togetherness can be a little draining! So far, they've gone on 3 of our 7 Disney trips. Its nice to go on our own sometimes, too.

:welcome: Glad to have ya! I haven't seen Fantasy Island in so many years, I wonder if it would hold up? Its not one of those that is played regularly on channels that feature oldies. Maybe I'll see if it's available on Netflix! Speaking of old shows, my husband got the first two seasons of The White Shadow for Christmas. Honestly, I'd never heard of it - but he is 10 years older than me:rolleyes1 He says it was his favorite as a kid.:confused3

Right, having a kitchen would definitely help defray food cost - I'd have to totally redo my DP calculations on that one. Do you always use points, or do you ever do any extra trips and stay at other resorts?

Honestly, its fun - but that much togetherness can be a little draining! So far, they've gone on 3 of our 7 Disney trips. Its nice to go on our own sometimes, too.

I saw fantasy island at walmart, don't know if it's on Netflix or not. I remember white shadow...sorta. I think it was a show about a basketball coach, and I can picture the main actor but can't come up with the name. But it wasn't a show I ever really watched. I am 44 and my husband just turned 57, so there are a lot of shows and movies that he used to watch that I've never heard of.

Since we bought DVC we haven't had a trip where we stayed at a nonDVC resort. In the beginning when we didn't have many points and weekend nights were a lot higher we might stay at a value or moderate for our first or last night. We have added on to our points so we are up to 510 now, and the points per night were restructured recently so the weekend nights aren't as significantly higher as they once were.

We took a couple trips with my folks when Sean was a baby, but they were nearby....long weekend kind of things. The Disney trip the boys were 3,5 & 7. We spent the first 3 days together -one day at each park. The rest of the trip we did our thing and they did theirs at our own paces occasionally meeting fora meal.

The Disney trip the boys were 3,5 & 7. We spent the first 3 days together -one day at each park. The rest of the trip we did our thing and they did theirs at our own paces occasionally meeting fora meal.

That sounds perfect. Unfortunately, my folks would NOT go for that. They kinda want to be with us 24/7. We have fun, but I get a lot of practice with deep breathing:rotfl2:

Wasn't it so fun?! Okay, I'm definitely putting that on my queue if I can find it on Netflix.

I always thought it was funny how the guest stars that would be on Love Boat one week would show up on Fantasy Island the next. Barbi Benton, Bill Bixby, Charo....

I always thought it was funny how the guest stars that would be on Love Boat one week would show up on Fantasy Island the next. Barbi Benton, Bill Bixby, Charo....

:lmao: The first "concert" I remember going to was Barbi Benton and Bobby Vinton...it was at either the State Fair or Heart of Illinois fair. Apparently my first concert was actually Sonny & Cher (also at the fair), but I don't remember that at all. :confused3

Love the Survivor theme Outplan :lmao: U - R - 2 funny. I was a Fantasy Island fan and I totally agree with what you said. I watched some FI episodes recently though and they were a little disappointing from when I remembered watching them. I guess being younger they were just cooler when I was 12 or so than now. It seems at least to me, the premise behind Fantasy Island was fantastic, but a lot of the episodes just seemed to not live up to the potential. Great report so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter