Our Very, Very Late Disneymoon TR!!! It's DONE!!

popcorn:: Great TR! We Disneymoooned at the GF too...our last full night there we did the same exact thing as you -- Victoria and Albert's and the fireworks cruise.....it has been almost 10 years already & we're all set to celebrate our 10 year anniversary at WDW this October and we're going on a Disney Cruise as well! Can't wait to read the rest of your TR! I'm sure you're having a great time right now in "The World"! :cloud9:

Congrats on 10 years!! That's so great! I'd love to do a Disney Cruise.... :) Thanks for checking out my TR! :goodvibes

Hey Everybody, yes I am back, but unfortunately we came home to cleaning up a flooded basement. :( So, we still have a bit to do, and a busy weekend ahead, so I will have to finish this next week. I will be starting another TR after this one is done about our anniversary trip, so I hope everyone is looking forward to that one too. I know I am! :) Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

Omg, I am so sorry to hear about your basement :( That just happened to a girl that I work with, and it was so much work for her to get it all cleaned up - so I would imagine that it is for you too! I look forward to reading both TR's and will be here whenever you get the chance to write again! Sending some pixie dust your way for an easy clean-up! pixiedust:

Jeez, i've missed LOADS. I am all caught up now :thumbsup2

Your dolphin pics are super cute. You guys really did look like you had an amazing disneymoon. I'm a little bit sad you are coming to the end:sad2:

Looking forward to hearing all about your current trip, hope you are having a swell time.

Omg, I am so sorry to hear about your basement :( That just happened to a girl that I work with, and it was so much work for her to get it all cleaned up - so I would imagine that it is for you too! I look forward to reading both TR's and will be here whenever you get the chance to write again! Sending some pixie dust your way for an easy clean-up! pixiedust:

Aw, thanks! Yes, the clean-up is finally done! I lost SO much stuff... It really sucked. I made my DH throw away all the books that got ruined, because I couldn't bear to do it... :sad1: However, it's just stuff, in the end, and I know it could have been a lot worse. Our dog and cat are just fine, and that's the most important part!! Your PJ is coming along great, btw!! :) Can't wait to see more plans. :goodvibes

Jeez, i've missed LOADS. I am all caught up now :thumbsup2

Your dolphin pics are super cute. You guys really did look like you had an amazing disneymoon. I'm a little bit sad you are coming to the end:sad2:

Looking forward to hearing all about your current trip, hope you are having a swell time.

Yay, you're back!! :) I know, I'm a little sad about coming to the end of this TR too, but I'm so lucky that I get to do another one!! Anyway, there's only a little bit left of this one, so I'll see if I can bang it out between today and tomorrow. Won't get much done tonight, since I have my knitting/crocheting group to go to, but tomorrow I should have more time. :) I'm so glad you came back to catch up!!! :goodvibes

Day 8 (Saturday)

Our last day at Walt Disney World. :sad: We started out the day by walking around the good ol' GF, just soaking it in. We also had a couples' massage at the spa, which was SO nice! It kinda helped ease the pain a little... but not much.

IMG_3948.jpg

IMG_3949.jpg

We then went over to the Contemporary, where we were supposed to go parasailing (which is something that I have ALWAYS wanted to do) but we couldn't because of windy conditions. :sad1: Although we were disappointed, we weren't completely heartbroken because of the sheer awesomeness of the rest of the Disneymoon. So, we had breakfast there instead, and then trekked over to MK to do some last-minute shopping and to say goodbye to Cindy's castle. :sad: Gosh, so much sadness in this post already!

After wandering around MK and absorbing all of the Disney magic that we possibly could, we decided to have a Dole Whip float before we left. (Which I had never had before! Shocking, I know!!) It was SO yummy!! I totally became an addict and I was SO sad that I hadn't had one before then!

IMG_3950.jpg

IMG_3951.jpg

As we were walking out, I took a few parting pictures of my favorite castle...

IMG_3952.jpg

IMG_3953.jpg

And then we were gone.... On our way to rent a car and make the long drive down to Key West.

It is so hard to see your stuff get ruined, even if it is just stuff :( But like you said, at least everyone (animals included) is alright.

I can feel the sadness in your last post :( The last day of any Disney vacation always goes by so fast and it is so much worse for a Disneymoon because that is the only time you will get to have that vacation. Your pictures look wonderful and it looks like it was nice weather (except for the wind of course). I have never had a Dole Whip either, but I hear that they are fantastic! I will look forward to reading your new TR now that this one is coming to an end.

It is so hard to see your stuff get ruined, even if it is just stuff :( But like you said, at least everyone (animals included) is alright.

I can feel the sadness in your last post :( The last day of any Disney vacation always goes by so fast and it is so much worse for a Disneymoon because that is the only time you will get to have that vacation. Your pictures look wonderful and it looks like it was nice weather (except for the wind of course). I have never had a Dole Whip either, but I hear that they are fantastic! I will look forward to reading your new TR now that this one is coming to an end.

Thank you so much!! :) I'm so totally addicted to Dole Whip floats now... And yeah, the last day is always such a downer... :( But, I always have to remind myself that I am incredibly lucky that I even got to go in the first place, and we'll always have the memories!! :) (As cheesy as that sounds) :laughing:

Well, the Disney part of our Disneymoon is now over... :( But we did have a bit more fun. :) We got to ride in the awesome limo (again!) on the way back to the airport, which is where we rented a very cute blue Sebring convertible. :) We started the drive down to Key West, :drive: and of course we had to deal with a crazy thunderstorm!! (So much for the top down!) :p

Check out these clouds!

IMG_3955.jpg

But, even in the crazy thunderstorm, there was a rainbow!! Literally!!

IMG_3962.jpg

IMG_3972.jpg

We decided to spend the night in Miami, as it's about the halfway point between Orlando and Key West...

IMG_3973.jpg

IMG_3977.jpg

Now, I have to tell you. I was not very impressed with Miami... I don't know exactly why... But it may have started with the hotel. We stayed at a Marriott. Now, I know it's not some ridiculously prestigious name, but, a Marriott is a big chain and I expected at least a semi-nice hotel. Well, the building itself was very nice, but... our bed didn't have any blankets! Is this normal in Miami? There were sheets... but no blanket. I called down to the front desk for more, and they said they would send somebody up. When they got to our door they said, "Sorry, we're out of blankets, here are some more sheets." :confused: Really? How can you be out of blankets when our room didn't have any?!?!! How can you be out of blankets at all and still call yourself a hotel??! So, we had to layer sheets on the bed to sleep with. Now I know it's warm in Florida, and yes, it was summer, but how can there not even be one blanket in a hotel room? Not even a thread of a blanket. Not even one of those quilts or bed covers that there usually is in a hotel room. Just... sheets. I thought longingly of our gorgeous room at the GF (complete with blankets!) and sighed...

So, DH and I decided to head out and explore a bit, since it wasn't quite bedtime. We wandered around and then decided to go to Miami Ink! (I used to watch that show all the time.) Then DH said, "you should totally get a tattoo there!!" I thought it was an awesome idea, since I've wanted a tattoo for a while. We got there and I saw *gasp* Garver!! He's such an awesome artist. It was pretty late when we got there, but the guy at the counter said they could do something if we had any ideas. So, we went to this little internet cafe that was a couple doors down and I printed out a couple graphics. We went back and then they told me the news: I wouldn't be able to tan or swim for 2 weeks!! :eek: And I said, "Um, I'm on my honeymoon and we're going to Key West tomorrow. Swimming and tanning is all I'm going to do there." So, we left Miami Ink with no tattoo. :( And, for some reason, I took absolutely no pictures there. I don't know what I was thinking. So, another disappointment in Miami. (Not that it's really the entire city of Miami's fault that I couldn't get a tattoo at that point in time, but I have to blame somebody and Miami was a prime candidate because of the whole no blankets thing.)

After the Miami Ink debacle, we went to the Hard Rock for a late dinner and some drinkage (which was very much necessary at that point.) Then, we went back to the hotel to sleep. With no blankets. :mad:

Day 9 (Sunday)

We woke up pretty early the next day, and left the Hotel With No Blankets. (I have decided that that is now its official name.) It's an absolutely gorgeous drive down to Key West, so of course I took some pics. :)

IMG_3987.jpg

IMG_3993.jpg

IMG_3996.jpg

DH at the wheel...

IMG_3997.jpg

When we got to our hotel, we had a very nice room, but there was absolutely no view, and it was kind of... anti-climactic after the gorgeousness of GF. DH had planned a private cruise for my birthday (July 1st!) which was SO incredibly romantic, but after we talked about it, we decided that it would be a better use of our money to upgrade our hotel room. We were at the same hotel, but our extra moolah allowed us to have this:

IMG_4005.jpg

IMG_4002.jpg

IMG_4003.jpg

IMG_3999.jpg

IMG_4000.jpg

All that, plus an awesome tub!!! (I love me some candlelit baths...)

IMG_4006.jpg

Personally, I think it made our entire time at Key West much nicer, and to me that was worth sacrificing one afternoon (even as romantic as it would have been.) That room made the whole time there romantic!

Your room looks amazing, especially that tub!!! Wowzers, i am jealous.
Look forward to reading all about key west.
More importantly, how was your anniversary trip to disney????

Sorry everybody, family drama. :( I'll be back soon, and the anniversary TR will be started as soon as I close the book on this one. I miss you all.

I have been incredibly busy and haven't commented in a while. That motel room is very chic and modern - not normally something I like, but that room looks great.

Sorry to hear that there are some family issues :( I hope that it gets resolved soon and everything is okay.

On a happier note, I look forward to reading your anniversary TR!

Hey hun, hope everything is ok with you. Look forward to an update soon :goodvibes

I have been incredibly busy and haven't commented in a while. That motel room is very chic and modern - not normally something I like, but that room looks great.

Sorry to hear that there are some family issues :( I hope that it gets resolved soon and everything is okay.

On a happier note, I look forward to reading your anniversary TR!

Hey hun, hope everything is ok with you. Look forward to an update soon :goodvibes

Thanks guys! :) You rock. I'm back, and I think I actually have enough time to sit and bang out the rest of this TR (hopefully!) :) Drama sucks, but hopefully it will all work out in the end! On we go!

So, after upgrading our room, DH and I decided to go explore Key West a little bit and have some dinner before turning in for the night. I didn't take many pics at all, but we ended up having dinner at Margaritaville, so here are some pics from there!

IMG_4012.jpg

IMG_4013.jpg

IMG_4015.jpg

IMG_4016.jpg

Now, I am not a ParrotHead or anything, but we have a bar here in Detroit called the Old Shillelagh which I love. There's a band there (Black Mist) that has been playing there for a really long time. I've been a regular there since I was of legal drinking age (my brother introduced me to the place, and to Billy Dixon, the singer of the band) and I love it. Billy even came to my wedding! The funny thing is is that it's an Irish Pub (as if you couldn't get that from the name) and nobody in the band is Irish!! Billy is Scottish (which is how my brother got to know him.. We're huge Glasgow Rangers fans, thanks to my brother's best friend who is Scottish) Phil the guitarist is Italian, and Jerry the other guitarist/harmonica player is of Polish descent. :confused3 Anyway, the reason for all of this explanation is that when we go there we get to sing lots of awesome drinking songs, and of course Margaritaville is one of them, which is why I really wanted to go there!! End of crazy long OT explanation. :)

After walking around downtown we really got to feel the vibe of Key West which is just.... chill. I don't think anyone is every in a hurry to get anywhere there. It was great, and just what we needed after the hustle and bustle of WDW. (But of course I still love Disney better!!) ;)

Day 10 (Monday)

We decided to start that morning off in a very lazy way, and we layed out by the pool for a while. I'm not a complete sun worshipper, but I have to tell you, there is just something so delicious about laying outside in the sun and having the heat penetrate right down to your bones... *sigh*:sunny:

Anyway, we back to the main drag in Key West (it just seems weird to call it a downtown) and we ate at an awesome little place called Caroline's for lunch. For some reason, I have NO pictures from there! Grr. Anyway, we checked out the beach, and drove around a bit..

IMG_4018.jpg

IMG_4021.jpg

IMG_4023.jpg

IMG_4024.jpg

and then we went to a movie and had pizza for dinner! :laughing: For some reason it just felt like the right thing to do at the time, but now that I'm looking back at this trip I have no idea why we did that!! It seems that the ultra laid-back way of Key West life was getting to us... I mean I was even forgetting to take pictures!!! :sad2: On to the next day!!

Hi JoJo!!!!!! So great to hear about the rest of your trip! Key West looks soooo nice and relaxing! Omg soooo funny about NO blankets!! what the HECK was that about???? That's Miami for you!!

:goodvibes

Day 11 (Tuesday)

This day was a bit more of a tourist-y day. We slept in, and took it easy in the morning. Then, we went to the aquarium! It's just a little aquarium, but it's cute. Part of it is on a pier and you can go out and feed the fish. They have conch shells there (which I only now found out is pronounced "konk") and I can actually make them make a sound! (I don't know why I so proud of that. I'm very easily amused) :lmao: Here's some pics from the aquarium:

IMG_4027.jpg

IMG_4029.jpg

IMG_4042.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

This guy is SOOO creepy!!!! He reminded me of Ursula's eels Flotsam and Jetsam. I thought he was going to eat me!

IMG_4053.jpg

Here's DH by a boat by the aquarium..

IMG_4055.jpg

After the aquarium we went to lunch at Sloppy Joe's! It's supposedly the place where the actual Sloppy Joe was invented, but I think there's another restaurant fighting over that title too. Still, it was pretty cool to be at the "original" Sloppy Joe's. ;) Of course I had to have one, and I have to say it was pretty darn delicious!!!

IMG_4056.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

This is also the place where I was introduced to the frozen Rum Runner.... and can I just say; YUM!!! What's also cool about Key West (especially Duval Street, which is the main drag) is that you can just walk around with an alcoholic drink in your hand and it's legal!! So cool! Plus, they have those frozen alcoholic drinks down to a science... Perfect consistency! :thumbsup2

We also went to the Pirate Soul Museum (which is SOO cool!!!) but I don't have any pictures from there because it's a museum and they don't allow it. They have very cool stuff though, and if you ever get to Key West I recommend you check it out!! After this eventful day it was time to go back and enjoy the hotel roo- I mean, swim in the pool. :rolleyes1 ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts