Our thread for the Minnie!

Staying at AKL along with DH and DD15. Don't know about EoS - this is our only WDW trip this year, and we're only going to have Fri evening thru Sun AM, so we're trying to get in as many of the new rides as possible. The only must-do is Expedition Everest, but I don't know if I'll be able to get the family out of the parks and back to DD to meet all you guys!

Jackie

keenercam said:
...waiver form to bring to the EXPO...

Not sure if this is the same thing but when I got the e-mail confirmation, I clicked the link that is attached to it, and it showed me my confirmation, and when I scrolled down I think it may have had the waiver to print out???? :confused3 :confused3 This is what it looks like...

Event Release agreed to by Michelle xxxxxxx (xxxxxxx, New Jersey)

All Athletes who participate in sports events that take place at the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort or Disney's Wide World of Sports® Complex, will be required to complete and sign an individual Disney Sports Waiver Form. This form will be provided to you prior to participating. A parent or legal guardian's signature will be required for participants under the age of 18.

X
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe I will call and see???

I am still not sure if I will be doing Minnie or not. Depends on how it goes over the next 2 weeks with my knees, and if registration is still open. Right now I am leaning more towards the 5K or the 1 mile because of all the problems I have been having. I am not going to be ready for the Minnie :sigh:

Whatever I decide, it will be a day trip and I am up for any meets scheduled that day. Maybe both days! :cool1:

Cam - DH and I will be there for the Minnie, staying offsite F-M. I am still not sure about EOS yet...

Did anyone get an AP discount for registration? I have e-mailed and called WWOS and cannot get the courtesy of a reply from them. On the online registration form, it indicates an AP/DVC discount is offered, so I just want to confirm with them.

Sara -- Do you need the registration form? If so, PM me your email address and I will send you what I have.

I am planning on doing the Minnie 5k. I also would like to know if there is an AP discount. This will be my 2nd 5k (that is if I make it through the one in April!!)

Hey Cam.

I know you know I'll be there since we're doing the trip together :) but I thought I should still post it here. I'll be staying at Saratoga Springs with Cam and will be coming to the EOS meet with her too.

Can't wait to see everyone that weekend!!!

disneyfanz04 said:
Hello!! I am not sure where we are staying yet...probably POR. It will be myself and my DSIL. We will be at EOS on Sat. I am renting a mini-van so would have some room if someone needs a ride. I am really getting excited!!! :banana:

OK it is official...We are staying at POR. Just made our ressies. Can't wait to see everyone!!! Like I said before we are renting a minnie-van so if someone needs a ride Sun. morning you can hitch a ride with us!!! I am getting really excited. :goodvibes

TnTsParty said:
I am planning on doing the Minnie 5k. I also would like to know if there is an AP discount. This will be my 2nd 5k (that is if I make it through the one in April!!)

If you need the Minnie registration form that gets you the DVC or AP discount, drop me a PM with your email address and I will send it to you. It is almost impossible to get from WDW Sports.

Hi, Rhonda! I didn't want to take the liberty of posting your info without you checking in here, so I figured I'd wait, patiently . . . Mark that on your calendar. "Cam-- patient" :teeth: I am getting more and more excited with each passing day. We are only 7 weeks and 3 days out from the start line! :cool1: I think that once my solo trip is done at the end of this month (to see DD17's marching band lead off the Spectromagic parade!!!! :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :banana: the Minnie will seem so real and so close.

So, how is everyone's training going? I did 8 miles last weekend almost on pace but with no cushion to allow for crowds, etc, so I will be working on pace over the next 7 weeks.

Cam - thanks for the countdown reminder!! It still seems far away because we're going on a family cruise next month, so I'm really concentrating on that.

TnTsParty- There is an AP discount available. Cam was kind enough to forward me the necessary form.

Disneyfanz04 - Congrats on making you ressies!!

Perfectmatch300 - Hope all works out with the knee and you're able to make it. :wizard:

Training has been going wonderfully up to this point. I did 7 miles in 1:07:53 last weekend. I am scheduled for an 8-miler on Saturday. Feeling Good! :woohoo:

Is there transportation from the resort to the start of the race--5K? I'm in the midst of signing up! Hotel (PC) and flights are set! :goodvibes

Am I nuts?!? :crazy:

I'm an old bat whose going to start training. I've been going to Curves for awhile, but I need to get out and walk/run. :banana:

Count me in for the Minnie. My family is staying at the Swan until Sunday and then we move to the Boardwalk Villas to meet our friends and we are staying their for 11 nights. The last couple of weeks the training hasn't been going very well. On Monday I started a cleanse and I only ran once this week and barely for 5km. I'm getting a little frustrated but next week is a new week. The cleanse has really been kicking me in the butt (literally and figuratively) and I hoping next week will be better.

Good luck everyone.

Cheers

Keri

MdmMim-no, unfortunately there isnt any transportation to the race start.

Glad to see some more WISHERs coming to the Minnie

MdmMim-no, unfortunately there isnt any transportation to the race start.

OK. Well, the 5K starts at Cirque, am I correct? I could just grab an early cab, and I'll be all set. :yay:

Hey everyone! I haven't posted in a while, but I am still doing Minnie! We will be at POR Saturday and Sunday. We are hoping to meet at EoS with you all - there will be 3 of us. It just depends how early we can get away from here on Saturday and get through the expo. DH may be doing a race here Sat. morning, and we have to get :dog: taken care of. ;) I can't wait to see you! Happy training to everyone!!! :thumbsup2

--Lynnda

Lynnda-great to hear from you! That is so cool you are doing Danskin too. If I lived closer I would go for it but I cant be there for both weekends. I didnt know you were coming to DL too. I cant believe how many of us are going to be at both events. That is so exciting. Good luck on your tri training. Swimming is my weakest event also. See you soon!

By the way guys~ 7 weeks to go :cool1:

:sad2:

It turns out I can't do the Minnie do to a family event..... :sad2:

So I am now aiming towards the Half. (I just wish it weren't in January, but...)

Hey everyone! I am planning on doing the minnie!! Did the 1/2 marathon in 2005 but couldn't do it this year because I had a baby in August and was so unprepared!! :blush:

We will be in WDW from Saturday till Friday staying at OKW. I am a little (well, a lot :p ) nervous about doing this run because I am so out of shape. Just started over again this week and I am hoping to stay motivated. I am able to keep the 16min pace set for the 1/2 but the 15 min keeps getting away from me.... :furious: Hopefully I can keep focused and get on the ball!!!
Knowing WISHers are there will definitely help!!!
Could use all the help I can get! LOL!! :yay:

Hi, everyone! Be sure to check the first post on this thread to be sure I have you listed, where you are staying, and whether you are joining the WISHers at Earl of Sandwich on Saturday at 4:30.
I am hoping the list of resorts will help for anyone who has to car pool. And I figured it would be good for us to have some idea of how many are joining us at EoS so that we can choose an area of tables with enough space for everyone.
Once I get back from my solo trip to WDW this weekend, I am really going to settle into a training routine and hope we can all support each other on that. Hard to believe it will be only 5 weeks away by then! :eek:

Cam - thanks so muck for making the list for us. Unfortunately, I still cannot give a definitive answer for EOS. Have an awesome time at WDW this weekend!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter