• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Surprise Adventure of a Lifetime. Lots of Pics Along the Way!

Wow! Lovely ideas. You did great, girl! What's the next movie???????? I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The next movie is The Incredibles and I am so excited! I have so many great ideas. Stay tuned for our "incredible" night next week.

Wow your dinner looked like so much fun :cool1:

Do you have room for another one? I'll do the washing up :laughing:

You are totally invited! The more the merrier! :thumbsup2 And anyone that gets me out of doing the dishes is a great addition as well. ;)

Wow! I just wanted to tell you I love everything you have done. What a great sister.

I was thinking too...what about letting them in on the suprise little by little? Like once a month give them a clue, or figure out a way to get them to save up without giving it away.

And they may want to help plan? Either way it's a great suprise!

I am really glad you are enjoying the PTR. As for letting them in on the surprise little by little, these kids are smart. They are catching on quickly without any help from me! But I was thinking about that because we are taking my other siblings away in the fall without 2DSis and I don't want them to feel disappointed of left out in the meantime before the trip. I'm sure I'll come up with a way to keep everyone content.

I'm just joining in and OMG I soooo want to be one of your sisters!!!!

By the way, your Philly trip pix were awsome, too! You should like MY kind of people!

having fun reading your PTR...!!

Thanks for reading.. I hope you continue to enjoy the PTR. Philly was so fun.. but then again it always is! Glad you're having fun joining in on our fun.

I thought I would do a little mini report because yesterday was Hannah's 10th B-day. We went over the house for cake and ice cream last night. DH and I got her a Nintendo DS because she has been wanting to save up for one. She was very excited. My G-mom got her the game Nintendogs which is a game where you take care of a virtual dog. (Kind of like a Tomagachi but more high tech :rotfl2: ) And my parents gave her 100 dollars which she will probably spend on an American Girl doll. Oh, you will also notice the AWESOME crown I got her at the dollar store. It was cute! Here are some pictures.

My wrapping
IMGP2148.jpg

Hannah getting her game out of G-mom's car.
IMGP2143.jpg

IMGP2145.jpg

IMGP2146.jpg

IMGP2154.jpg

A Nintendo DS!!!!
IMGP2155.jpg

Make a wish!
IMGP2157.jpg

IMGP2158.jpg

After she opened her DS, I told her that since she doesn't have to save money for this anymore, I want her to start saving her money but I wasn't going to tell her for what. (She caught on pretty quickly to which I responded "Disney World? Yeah right! In your dreams." I would deny the trip to my grave.) Here is the little piggy bank I gave her to start saving.
IMGP2151.jpg

So that's it for now. Also, for a little laugh today, go to youtube and look up harry potter puppet pals and click on the video that says "Mysterious Ticking Noise". It's hilarious! Stay tuned for our "incredible" night next week. Until next time, Sending a little magic your way! :wizard:

I have been working A LOT of extra hours these last couple of weeks and I am starting to get really, really tired. All I want to do is sleep all the time. I know it will be worth it but my days are dragging on and all I can think about is my bed. I need some serious motivation.

On a good note, I read good news on another thread that 2009 prices will be coming out on Sunday. Or, I guess it is more accurate to say that prices are anticipated to come out on Sunday. It will feel good to have a definite price and reservation.

I also found these super cute little video cameras that would be perfect for kids at WDW. They are called Flip Ultra made by Flip Video. They are small and can only hold about 60 minutes of video but they are really cute and totally kid friendly. Check them out! Until next time, sending a little magic your way! :wizard:

Welcome back everyone! Last night was Incredibles night and it was really fun. The girls said it was the best movie night yet. Before the girls came over, I decorated the apartment..

IMGP2232.jpg

IMGP2233.jpg

and I made shirts for all of us...

IMGP2231.jpg

What I did was, I found the Incredibles logo online. Then I brought the image into paint and cut out the "i". I saved that image and then brought it into MS word. I sent the image behind the text and then typed in the first letter of each person's name. Then, I printed them out on transfer paper and ironed them onto red shirts. I also gave each girl and invitation in the form of a comic book page. I don't have that image right now but I will add it later on.

On the menu for tonight: Heroes
Chips and dip
"Frozone" sundaes

So, I went to pick up the girls and then to pick up the subs aka "heroes" and then went home. We sat down on the daybed, turned the movie on and ate the best subs ever. (you really CANNOT beat a South Jersey sub.)

IMGP2166.jpg

IMGP2167.jpg

IMGP2168.jpg

IMGP2170.jpg

Towards the middle of the movie, we took a break for ice cream!

IMGP2197.jpg

IMGP2198.jpg

We finished the movie and had a lot of fun along the way.

IMGP2189.jpg

IMGP2190.jpg

IMGP2202.jpg

IMGP2204.jpg

After the movie, we took some pictures of us in our shirts.

This one, we tried to duplicate the pose from the movie but it didn't exactly work out.
IMGP2225.jpg

So we just made up our own.
IMGP2227.jpg

"Make a silly face!"
IMGP2228.jpg

SMILE!
IMGP2229.jpg

After pictures, we just started playing with spoons and bowls. We had a competition to see who could flip the spoon into the bowl with another spoon 15 times first.

IMGP2234.jpg

IMGP2235.jpg

IMGP2237.jpg

IMGP2238.jpg

All in all, it was a really fun night. Stay tuned for Hercules!

WOW! You have the cutest parties! :cutie: You are one creative gal. I have to say I also like how your hubby seems to be getting into this as much as the girls. :lmao:

Cant wait to see Hercules!popcorn::

Dana

OMG I love the T's! What fun:thumbsup2

WOW! You have the cutest parties! :cutie: You are one creative gal. I have to say I also like how your hubby seems to be getting into this as much as the girls. :lmao:

Cant wait to see Hercules!popcorn::

Dana

Thanks! I'm glad you are enjoying our report so far.

I just bought a new camera. It is an Olympus Stylus 1030 SW. It is a point-and-shoot style camera but, get this, it is waterproof, shockproof, crushproof, dust/sand proof, and freezeproof. That means we can take it to the waterparks, drop it on the ground, and let the 2DSis use it without worrying about damage. It should be here in about a week. YAY!

Also, I got a quote for our vaca. it looks like it will be 4,702.92 for 8 nights/9days in AsMu, MYW PH + Waterpark fun and more, and DxDDP. I'm excited!! Until next time... you know the drill.. :wizard:

I just found your PTR and I love it!! You and I are the same age (it's so nice to see DISers my age, haha) and are in a similiar, yet more selfish situation as you, lol. My DF and I will be getting married next June (we get so much grief about being "so young"--did you hear that too?) and have decided that we want to spend a week honeymooning in WDW. Yes, we could be crazy, haha. We are getting nervous about finances (not just about going to WDW for a week but about being young, not having the best jobs and living together- any tips? lol) but trying to stay optimistic.

I love all your dinner parties and charts/graphs! They're so clever and cute!! Again, just wanted to stop by and subscribe. I'm on board for the ride! :)

SOOOO much fun! I can't wait for the next update! Sorry you've been so tired and hopefully things will lighten up a bit wtih work! It's nice that your husband is also having fun with it!

Wow, what a cool big sister you are. If only my big brother spoiled me like this!

I love the themed dinners. I'm just very impressed.

I just found your PTR and I love it!! You and I are the same age (it's so nice to see DISers my age, haha) and are in a similiar, yet more selfish situation as you, lol. My DF and I will be getting married next June (we get so much grief about being "so young"--did you hear that too?) and have decided that we want to spend a week honeymooning in WDW. Yes, we could be crazy, haha. We are getting nervous about finances (not just about going to WDW for a week but about being young, not having the best jobs and living together- any tips? lol) but trying to stay optimistic.

I love all your dinner parties and charts/graphs! They're so clever and cute!! Again, just wanted to stop by and subscribe. I'm on board for the ride! :)

Thanks for hopping on board. In regards to the "being too young" thing.... YES!!! We still hear that we are too young yo be married. Well, everywhere but church anyway. I wish we could have taken our honeymoon in WDW. You guys will have a blast. Don't be nervous about money or anything. Although money is usually the biggest point of contention, you will learn to adjust to each other's spending/saving habits. I think you just have to remember that it is not easy. It is really hard but totally worth it. Just don't let something like money come between you. Whenever people ask me how being married is, I say... "Well it's pretty much like dating only we are living together" Don't put so much pressure on yourselves and you will be fine. Don't get down about things out of your control. For instance, this past April, I totaled my car. My husband was really upset about it (naturally) but I just couldn't be. I wasn't seriously injured, I didn't hit anyone else, I didn't damage anyone else's property, and my husband was due for a bonus from work in about a week. So, although it totally stunk that we had to spend the money, there was nothing we could have done about it so there was no use wallowing. Just focus on the good times and the fun and you will be fine. Thanks again for subbing!

SOOOO much fun! I can't wait for the next update! Sorry you've been so tired and hopefully things will lighten up a bit wtih work! It's nice that your husband is also having fun with it!

Yeah Mike is having a blast. He is like a big kid which is great because I am convinced he will keep me young forever! I think work will be fine.. I just feel like I live here!!

Wow, what a cool big sister you are. If only my big brother spoiled me like this!

I love the themed dinners. I'm just very impressed.

Thanks a lot. It's a curse really that I feel like I should be there for my siblings like this. I stress out more than you know... but I know that it will all be worth it.. all the stressing, extra hours at work, less hours in my bed, and monetary sacrifices... eyes on the prize!!

This is a great PTR. Just wanted to subscribe.

I'm glad you're along for the ride! I hope you keep enjoying my crazy ramblings!

Until next time... :wizard:

I was just sitting here reading some posts about dining and I thought I would just post that we will NOT be making ADR's for this trip. I know... GASP!!! :eek: I just never understood how people could know what they would be in the mood for on that day... 6 months in advance!! Food is the most important part of our vacation and it's important for us to live in the moment and just eat what we are in the mood for at that time. We are not even going to plan what parks to go to what day... crazy right?! I have been to WDW 3 times before and have never made ADR's.. never had a problem. I mean, even if we have to wait an hour or whatever for a table (which we never have and I don't expect having to in May) we are, after all, in an amusement park! It's not like there is a shortage of things to do to keep us occupied. Anyway, just wanted to drop that bombshell on everyone. Am I being totally crazy?!

I was just sitting here reading some posts about dining and I thought I would just post that we will NOT be making ADR's for this trip. I know... GASP!!! :eek: I just never understood how people could know what they would be in the mood for on that day... 6 months in advance!! Food is the most important part of our vacation and it's important for us to live in the moment and just eat what we are in the mood for at that time. We are not even going to plan what parks to go to what day... crazy right?! I have been to WDW 3 times before and have never made ADR's.. never had a problem. I mean, even if we have to wait an hour or whatever for a table (which we never have and I don't expect having to in May) we are, after all, in an amusement park! It's not like there is a shortage of things to do to keep us occupied. Anyway, just wanted to drop that bombshell on everyone. Am I being totally crazy?!

LOL YES!!! You are crazy:eek:

I don't necessarily plan every minute, but I do plan adr's around park hours and stuff. And even if I change plans and don't plan on being at that park, that day, at least I know I have it. You can always cancel...

I am right there with you.. I've pretty much grown up at WDW and we have never made an ADR. We've never had a problem.

I guess I could understand if you were going with a huge group of people but for a smaller group, ADR's seem unnecessary. Plus, food is huge to us too--I get in particular moods (pasta mood, steak mood, cruncy mood, etc) and I wouldn't want to not be able to feed the craving! haha.

I do wonder if your Dsis's would enjoy CRT since this is their first time? That could be pretty magical.

I think that unless there is something you really want to do (like CRT or a dinner show) that it wouldn't be a big deal not to make reservations.

I also wanted to add that I too get the "Wow, you were married young" speech often. I'm 27 now and we've been married 7 years and have 2 kids now.... and people still say stuff. Like you said though, at Church I never had a problem.

I think that unless there is something you really want to do (like CRT or a dinner show) that it wouldn't be a big deal not to make reservations.

I also wanted to add that I too get the "Wow, you were married young" speech often. I'm 27 now and we've been married 7 years and have 2 kids now.... and people still say stuff. Like you said though, at Church I never had a problem.

Glad to know DF and I aren't the only ones who heard the "you're too young" speech. Yay young brides! :grouphug:

I just found this on YouTube and I was so sad for these people! Please tell me this won't happen haha.

People are so strange. Of course if you lie to your children and tell them they are going somewhere else they may very well be unprepared and react badly. And I would never not tell a pre-teen with angst issues. That kid looked like he or she would have hated going even if he/she had known.

Your sisters are going to be over the moon! Really. Not to worry.

People are so strange. Of course if you lie to your children and tell them they are going somewhere else they may very well be unprepared and react badly. And I would never not tell a pre-teen with angst issues. That kid looked like he or she would have hated going even if he/she had known.

Your sisters are going to be over the moon! Really. Not to worry.

Yeah, my mom says I'm getting my hopes up but as long as they don't react like that, I think I'll be ok. :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter