Our new kitten, Boo. :) Update P5

Awww, poor little thing, but how fantastic he found you!

We have had our 'new boy' for just about as year now and the two old ladies are starting to settle with him. No swipes or hissing, just black looks from the one sister.

Our new boy was kicked out (literally from what we can gather of his broken leg) by the drug dealer who owned him as he decided he wanted a Rottweiler instead. Ours then slept for months on a bird table and in the hedges to get out of the cold and rain before we gave him our home.

The only downside is he seems to think that he still needs to bring friends or takeaways in (depending on how alive they are) but we love him dearly.

Haha, thanks we keep singing "Boo to you" to Bella. Although now it's warped into "Boo to you, and you, and you, and you, Happy Bellaween".

Thank you for your replies everyone! I spent all of last night dreaming about him. Now the reality of trying to make Bella like him is starting to worry us a bit though!

Have any of you turned an only cat into a happy home sharer? She is super friendly, but I really want them to be good company for each other!

We adopted a kitten (6 mon old) in Sept. When we first brought her home, our 4-5 year old cat did not like her at all. We kept them separated for the first couple days. After that the older one learned to tolerate the younger one and by the end of two weeks they were playing together. Now, the older male has decided to play mother to the younger one and is frequently found giving her a bath and watching her worriedly when he thinks she is getting into trouble. He acts like a little mother hen to her and she adores him.

One reason we got a new cat is because we work all day and our older cat (Tucker) is lonesome. Plus, when we go on vacation, he is so lonesome, he can hardly stand it. We went to WDW in October and when our college age daughter came home to check on the two cats, Tucker wasn't lonesome at all. He was too busy playing with the kitten and hardly paid our daughter any attention at all. Now she has her nose out of joint since Tucker is "her" cat.

We adopted a kitten (6 mon old) in Sept. When we first brought her home, our 4-5 year old cat did not like her at all. We kept them separated for the first couple days. After that the older one learned to tolerate the younger one and by the end of two weeks they were playing together. Now, the older male has decided to play mother to the younger one and is frequently found giving her a bath and watching her worriedly when he thinks she is getting into trouble. He acts like a little mother hen to her and she adores him.

One reason we got a new cat is because we work all day and our older cat (Tucker) is lonesome. Plus, when we go on vacation, he is so lonesome, he can hardly stand it. We went to WDW in October and when our college age daughter came home to check on the two cats, Tucker wasn't lonesome at all. He was too busy playing with the kitten and hardly paid our daughter any attention at all. Now she has her nose out of joint since Tucker is "her" cat.
Wow! What a lovely story!! Thank you!

Our two are the same ages so fingers crossed we might be nearly as lucky as you. We have Boo's room pretty much ready (aren't going to put the food and water down as Bella would probably take advantage, seeing as none of his toys haven't been played with by her now!).

I hope that by keeping them apart after a few days she'll be more to meet him rather than desperate to hiss at him. Who knows. I might video their first meeting.

Eeeee, today's the day. We are going straight after work to get him. I'm not sure whether we'll play with him a bit before bringing him home, we'll wait and see what feels best.

No doubt I'll take a million photos tonight, and the room we are keeping him in has nothing in it, so I will probably have my laptop in there while I keep him company.

9 hours to go!

He's all home with us. :)

I think his foster mummy was sad to see him leave, but hopefully she knows how much we'll love him.

He was as good as gold in the car, and then when we got home I took him into the spare room (his room for the next few days until we're ready to introduce them) and opened his box. He stomped right out purring his big loud purr, and marched around. Played with all of the toys we have for him and climbed all over me and kissed me. And now we are laying on the spare bed together.

He is such a wonderful friendly boy. Here are some photos so far.

11169_327023185083_821450083_9829387_6452587_n.jpg

11169_327023235083_821450083_9829393_2566327_n.jpg

11169_327023265083_821450083_9829396_7054053_n.jpg

11169_327023270083_821450083_9829397_1861389_n.jpg

Bella had to sniff the box like mad once he was out of it!
11169_327023145083_821450083_9829383_8280382_n.jpg

aw torsie how cute is he poor little thing though how could any one do that to a poor animal

awww bella is so cute sniffing he he

aww, Boo is adorable :goodvibes

Thank you :goodvibes

aw torsie how cute is he poor little thing though how could any one do that to a poor animal

awww bella is so cute sniffing he he

I know, I have decided to stop thinking about it. Luckily he seems to have fear of absolutely nothing, so at least we know he isn't mentally scarred or anything.

Bella is SO curious of what's happening here in the spare room. She'll start yowling at the door, (to which Boo either ignores, or looks at and purrs a bit louder!) and then we swap over and she gets very excited to play with whichever one has been on Boo shift. I think maybe she's missing not having access to both of us as we never shut doors. She doesn't appear to be fussed that we smell like Boo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter