• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

~Our March 'Just Engaged',freezing,and full of surprises trip~Updated 6/23 p.76

Ok, I'm in too. Good work with the working out and celery snacks :thumbsup2
You guys will be able to run around the parks now! From restaurant to restaurant, heehee.

It always seems like you find a nice hotel on your drive to WDW. Do you always stay at the same one or are these luck of the draw? :confused3

The room looks really nice! :thumbsup2

wow! I was just here this morning and you didn't have this much pages then! yay! I'm so glad you started! That bed looks super comfy...I'm at work right now and when I saw that bed, my eyes closed for a little while...haha!! :surfweb: Your first day sounds great already! and you folks weren't even in WDW yet! Congrats on you and your fiance exercising and eating healthy! Maybe DBF and I should start! Can't wait for the next update!! :banana: (gotta throw that banana in there :goodvibes)

TG!!! How could I have NOT known you had started??!! Geez, what a loser reader!

AH well, I"m here now, and can't believe what incredibly great time you made to Chat. Awesome room!!

By the way: I CANNOT wait to see how you did on my photo challenge!!!

Geez, 6 pages already?! :eek:

Great start, you know I love that purse. I would like to get one of those wristlets when we go. We'll see though.

Looks like you guys made great time on your road trip. I love how you have your purse prominently on display on your hotel room pics. :laughing: I have the wristlet and have been debating getting the bag to go with it before they retire it. The pattern is just so cute!

Add me to the list of those who LOVE that Disney bag! So cute!:cutie:

That hotel room looked nice too. Dontcha just love that feeling you get the night before you arrive in Disney and you have your whole vacation ahead of you?:cloud9:

Okay I've seen you on many TRs and figured I'd join in...

Hey! Glad you made it over!

Ok, I'm in too. Good work with the working out and celery snacks :thumbsup2
You guys will be able to run around the parks now! From restaurant to restaurant, heehee.

:laughing: Lots of running around the parks we did! :thumbsup2

It always seems like you find a nice hotel on your drive to WDW. Do you always stay at the same one or are these luck of the draw? :confused3

The room looks really nice! :thumbsup2

When we go with my parents and Sis, we usually stay at the same one. But for this trip, we stayed somewhere new. It was really nice!

wow! I was just here this morning and you didn't have this much pages then! yay! I'm so glad you started! That bed looks super comfy...I'm at work right now and when I saw that bed, my eyes closed for a little while...haha!! :surfweb: Your first day sounds great already! and you folks weren't even in WDW yet! Congrats on you and your fiance exercising and eating healthy! Maybe DBF and I should start! Can't wait for the next update!! :banana: (gotta throw that banana in there :goodvibes)

Haha, glad the bed made your day!

Thanks for the congrats. It's amazing how big of a difference there is when you just change your eating habits!

TG!!! How could I have NOT known you had started??!! Geez, what a loser reader!

AH well, I"m here now, and can't believe what incredibly great time you made to Chat. Awesome room!!

By the way: I CANNOT wait to see how you did on my photo challenge!!!

Haha, well you're here now!

Uh...about the challenge...you'll just have to wait and see. Did you read on my PTR with Kristen? Since the challenge didn't go so well, we are going to do it together in July. So now you're going to get 2 people!

Geez, 6 pages already?! :eek:

Great start, you know I love that purse. I would like to get one of those wristlets when we go. We'll see though.

They were selling them in certain stores there. I know you'll spend a lot of time deciding whether or not to get one. :laughing:

Looks like you guys made great time on your road trip. I love how you have your purse prominently on display on your hotel room pics. :laughing: I have the wristlet and have been debating getting the bag to go with it before they retire it. The pattern is just so cute!

:laughing: I didn't even mean to have the purse sitting there. I just had sat it on the bed and started taking pics!

Great start! Can't wait to hear more!

Thanks girl.

Add me to the list of those who LOVE that Disney bag! So cute!:cutie:

That hotel room looked nice too. Dontcha just love that feeling you get the night before you arrive in Disney and you have your whole vacation ahead of you?:cloud9:

I do love that feeling. :cloud9:

I have been reading! But I guess not very carefully....

I thought this was a NEW challenge.

A TWOFER is twice as great :)

I have been reading! But I guess not very carefully....

I thought this was a NEW challenge.

A TWOFER is twice as great :)

Yep, it is a new challenge..but we are also adding the hat picture challenge that you gave me as well. :laughing:

Day 2: March 14, 2010

The alarm went off at 4 a.m., but like the night before, I was already up. :laughing: Vacation is the only time I'll gladly get up that early! We got ready, packed up the car, and were on the road around 5:15 a.m.

We were so happy we got to Atlanta so early in the morning- there was hardly anyone on the road! We're used to the crazy driving around there, so we were happy to fly through there. It was a beautiful view going through Atlanta though. The sun was just coming up and there were about 8 planes or so coming closer to the airport for landing.

After we got past Atlanta and Macon, we stopped for gas and a bathroom break. I texted Heather (hlrababy) and told her we were in Georgia. She asked me to look at prices of my purse while we were there and I promised to let her know! And I'm sure I was talking to Kristen by then too. When we got back on the road after getting gas, we ran into road construction for 42 miles! :headache:

Finally, we made it into Florida around 10:35 a.m. :woohoo: We still could not believe how great of time we were making so far this trip! Soon, I was texting Kristen , Mom and Dad, and Sis that we were getting close and I was bouncing around in my seat.

And then the angels sang as we saw this :laughing::

005.jpg

Just a few minutes later, we were approaching Pop:

006.jpg

We found a parking spot in the check-in lot and headed to the front desk:

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

MeMom's gift shop:

010.jpg

We were the second ones in line at check-in. It still didn't feel real to us that we were finally there! Eventually, it was our turn and we were getting our room keys and map of where we were. Then...we were given our first surprise of the day: "Just Engaged" buttons! Dad had called and mentioned to them that we had gotten engaged! We put them on right away. :)

~Continued in next post~

Driving under the Disney arches at the start of the trip is always the BEST feeling in the whole entire world! :goodvibes

I love all the pictures of Pop - it makes me feel like I'm back there. And yay for check-in going fast... that's always a plus! How sweet of your dad to call and say yall had just become engaged!!

~Continued from previous~

Floating on air, we walked back to the car and just had to drive to the next parking lot (90's). We grabbed as much as we could and made our way to our building:

018-1.jpg

The building on the other side of our stairs:

017-1.jpg

Our stairs:

016.jpg

Sign for our floor:

015.jpg

And then we made it to our room:

011.jpg

The view from outside our door. Right on the other side of the trees way out there was the bus stop. We were SO close to it!:

012.jpg

So happy to be here!:

013.jpg

014.jpg

This little guy was waiting for us in our window:

019.jpg

We opened up the door and saw that we were in one of the refurbished rooms! :woohoo::

020-1.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

Then, we made our way down to the bus stop for our first bus ride. Can you guess where we went?! :laughing::

025.jpg

It was super windy that day!:

026.jpg

Here you can see our pins good on Fiance:

027.jpg

The bus is here!:

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

~Up next:

MK for the rest of the day and some more surprises!

I can't even believe I missed your first 3 posts. What a terrible Disbuddy I am! I'll just go and hang my head.

That being said, I love it when travel goes well. You and your fiance made awesome time. I can't wait to read your impressions of POP.

Driving under the Disney arches at the start of the trip is always the BEST feeling in the whole entire world! :goodvibes

I love all the pictures of Pop - it makes me feel like I'm back there. And yay for check-in going fast... that's always a plus! How sweet of your dad to call and say yall had just become engaged!!

I love it! :)

Aw I'm glad you like the Pop pics. There will be more in another update!

eck, make that 4 posts. . .you and your fiance certainly look as if you have been doing it healthier. Perhaps you can give me some tips. . .

Yay! Yay! Yay!!!

You made great time! I can feel your excitement, and am actually jumping up and down in my seat too!!

Hooray, we're going to MK!!

OK, then, with more of you doing the hat challenge, I expect twice as many pictures!! :thumbsup2

I can't even believe I missed your first 3 posts. What a terrible Disbuddy I am! I'll just go and hang my head.

That being said, I love it when travel goes well. You and your fiance made awesome time. I can't wait to read your impressions of POP.

eck, make that 4 posts. . .you and your fiance certainly look as if you have been doing it healthier. Perhaps you can give me some tips. . .

Haha, don't feel bad!

Honestly, a lot of it has been the way we've changed what we eat. We watch what we're eating, reading the calories and what not, cutting back on the salt, snacking on healthy things instead, things like that.

Yay! Yay! Yay!!!

You made great time! I can feel your excitement, and am actually jumping up and down in my seat too!!

Hooray, we're going to MK!!

OK, then, with more of you doing the hat challenge, I expect twice as many pictures!! :thumbsup2

Aw, I'm glad you got excited with me. :)

Of course you're going to get tons of hat pictures in July. I did manage to get a few this trip, but not enough!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter