Our Magical Mediterranean Adventure 8-18th June 2011 *Completed*

At 4.15 I took Georgia to the club to prepare for the ‘friendship rocks’ show. I was a little worried about her being overwhelmed or getting lost in the crowd but she did fantastic. They also seemed to keep very close to the little ones. We got ready and went to the theatre to watch the show at 5.00. It was adorable. As Georgia climbed up on top the stage she gave Mickey a kiss on the nose! She got to dance right next to him but he blocked her view a fair few times so we struggled to get a good video of her dancing.

Corsica2Barcelona392.jpg

Corsica2Barcelona398.jpg

Corsica2Barcelona400.jpg

Corsica2Barcelona402.jpg

Corsica2Barcelona410.jpg

Corsica2Barcelona412.jpg

Corsica2Barcelona424.jpg

Corsica2Barcelona446.jpg

Our last dinner was ‘Till we meet again’ in Parrot Cay. I think I must have ordered a cocktail to ease the pain!
Corsica2Barcelona457.jpg

Corsica2Barcelona459.jpg

After dinner we saw ‘Remember the magic’ which incorporated little tasters of all the shows we had seen. The comedians/magicians were great and we were disappointed not to have seen them in the full shows.
Half way through the show Georgia wanted a drink of water so I popped out to the kiosk and asked for some tap water at Preludes. The CM rudely told me he did not have any, only bottled. This is the only let down service I received the whole holiday, which for me is pretty good. So I walked up to deck 9 to get her a drink and missed most of the comedians show.
Corsica2Barcelona497.jpg

Corsica2Barcelona499.jpg

Corsica2Barcelona504.jpg

Corsica2Barcelona511.jpg

Corsica2Barcelona524.jpg

Corsica2Barcelona532.jpg

Corsica2Barcelona541.jpg

I was so sad after the show. We had to say goodbye to our table mates Maisie, Amy, Jason and their parents. We rushed back to the room to pack the last of our cases and get them out in the hallway. Georgia had a major meltdown at having to go to sleep and I was so miserable I ordered coffee and cookies from room service!
Corsica2Barcelona543.jpg

We managed to make it to Topsiders for about 8. The selection didn’t seem as plentiful as on previous days so it wasn’t a huge feast.

I think we were off the ship about 8.45 and then found where to wait for the blue shuttle bus to the Christopher Columbus monument. It was a long wait and arrived about 9.30 by which time there was a huge queue. After only a couple minutes ride, 2 Euro each, we walked to the Fat Tire bike tour rental shop.
BarcelonaandHome003.jpg

When I booked our return flights I had been primarily focused on the price and when the evening flight was cheaper I thought ‘well we will have another day in Barcelona’. I had forgotten we would be lugging around several suitcases! So on doing a lot of research into what we could do for the day I decided on bike rental with Fat Tire. They did tours also but thought doing it alone would be more flexible with madam. It cost us 25 Euro for 2 bikes and a trailer for 5 hours and they stored our luggage and called a taxi! This was one of my better decisions of the whole trip, taking a pushchair to Pompeii was not!

BarcelonaandHome006.jpg

We found a park on the way
BarcelonaandHome007.jpg

BarcelonaandHome008.jpg

Georgia loved the trailer and everyone was staring at us as we rode around the town, an elderly male actually stopped Jack and asked if he could take a photo! When we approached another park I overheard a lady speaking Spanish to her children pointing at the trailer so I asked if she spoke English. She did and so I asked her why everyone was starring at us like we were celebrities or something! She said that you never see the trailers in Barcelona, strange seeing as this is where we hired it from!

BarcelonaandHome015.jpg

BarcelonaandHome045.jpg

BarcelonaandHome012.jpg

BarcelonaandHome037.jpg

BarcelonaandHome028.jpg

BarcelonaandHome023.jpg

We made our way to the cathedral, then onto Parc Ciutadella. This was a wonderful way to end our holiday. The park had lots to see and we stopped on the grass for a little picnic of crackers and cheese, cherries and chocolate chip cookies (from room service the previous evening).

BarcelonaandHome024.jpg

BarcelonaandHome042.jpg

BarcelonaandHome039.jpg

BarcelonaandHome055.jpg

BarcelonaandHome064.jpg

BarcelonaandHome072.jpg

BarcelonaandHome076.jpg

BarcelonaandHome059.jpg

On leaving the park we rode through the Arc de Triomf as Georgia fell asleep. We used the quiet opportunity to ride out to La Rambla. I had been to Barcelona when I was 16 with college and remembered this street well. We took some time looking at the street artists, stalls selling nuts an ice creams etc. The bike hire shop was very close but we arrived when they had closed up for a break. We saw someone with a Starbucks cup and so toured around trying to find it. They were more expensive than at home, about 7 Euro something for a frappuchino and a coffee. Georgia likes a babychinno at home but my Spanish isn’t as good as it used to be… so she got a chocolate ice cream instead from a nearby vendor.

BarcelonaandHome078.jpg

BarcelonaandHome087.jpg

BarcelonaandHome088.jpg

BarcelonaandHome102.jpg

BarcelonaandHome103.jpg

BarcelonaandHome105.jpg

BarcelonaandHome111.jpg

BarcelonaandHome108.jpg

BarcelonaandHome112.jpg

We returned our bikes and the lady called a taxi for us. Unfortunately the driver couldn’t find the tour shop though and we ended up waiting about 40 minutes for him to arrive. I was starting to panic as the time was getting on. The trip was also quiet expensive, about 40 Euro, I think he might have charged us for the additional driving he did to find us. I was too tired to put up a fight though!

Our flight coming home was delayed by about an hour and we spent a good 15 Euro at the airport on some food, a large baguette we shared, 2 coffees and a pineapple juice.

Arriving back in the UK we were met by the usual cold and dreary weather and I don’t think I have ever been so miserable to come home.

I've really enjoyed reading your report. I can't wait until our med cruise which is just less than 3 weeks now.:goodvibes It's good to hear about how little ones coped. My kids are 6 & 4.

I enjoyed your cruise:goodvibes! Today is the 27th so I am hoping that your pictures will :wizard:appear sometime soon!
THANKS AGAIN!

Great trip report.

It will be us in 3 weeks. 7 days of Disney Magic, I'm soooo excited. We've booked Disney excursions for Pompeii, Palma & Cinque Terre for pure ease and no hassle.

I had a hot stone massage booked but cancelled it so was pleased to read I may be able to get a 10 minute sample.

What a great trippie report, really enjoyed it. Sorry you were disappointed with Monte Carlo. I hope I'm not, as I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks for that great trip report :thumbsup2 Although it's almost 2 years ago, it helps me raising my pleasant anticipation for our first Cruise in June :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter