Our First DVC / May 2010 Trip!!

:wave: Too bad about your view. Since we had a pool view I can't comment on the animals too much. But when we were there in April everytime we walked by the open viewing spaces there were no animals there either. I wasn't sure if we were just missing them.:confused3

:surfweb: but can't wait to read more.

We will be staying in a 1-bedroom at the Jambo House too!
We arrive this Thursday and this is also our first time as DVC members.
Can't wait.

Maybe we'll see you at Jambo House next week. We'll be there for 8 nights, and we'll be the old couple without kids. DH will be wearing a Happy Birthday button, probably all week since he likes to celebrate as long as possible. We were there last June also....and DH was wearing a Happy Birthday button then, too. He loves spending his birthday with Mickey Mouse. :dance3:

Wendy...do you remember if the doors at AKV are metal. I don't think they are, but just thought I would ask as I have some disigns I wanted to put on the door, but if not I I will just put them on the side.

I am in! We leave in 6 weeks for AKV (4 nights), BCV (3 nights), BWV (2 nights)...We bought at BCV, but are thinking of adding at AKV. We are new to DVC, (and Disney - we've only been twice.)

Love your pictures and your enthusiam!!! Can't wait to read more. (Also, I have to admit that I am curious to look at any of your crowd pics. My friend and her family were at AKL from the 18th to the 22nd!)

Thanks for a great report, but please add more as soon as possible. We'll be in a 1-bedroom at Jambo House in 4 days! We've stayed at AKL before, but this will be our first time there as DVC members. Looking at your pictures makes me feel I'm already there.

We will be staying in a 1-bedroom at the Jambo House too!
We arrive this Thursday and this is also our first time as DVC members.
Can't wait.

Wendy...do you remember if the doors at AKV are metal. I don't think they are, but just thought I would ask as I have some disigns I wanted to put on the door, but if not I I will just put them on the side.

Hey Neighbors!!! :goodvibes It was our first stay as DVC members as well........... we've been to the lodge MANY times - but this time it was SO different - which I didn't expect. The room was AMAZING - when you walk in the door you'll actually gasp and your mouth will fall open - at least that's what happened to me! I guess I was kind of "expecting" what I knew......... meaning - the rooms we usually stayed in - which was almost always a bunk bed room............. this was just almost unexplainable. It is VERY big and you'll wonder WHY on earth you haven't been vacationing like this all along.................... :)

As for the Villa.............. it was very spacious! It had everything we could need. We felt we had plenty of towels, etc..... we didn't need to ask for more - the sofabed was comfy or so DS said! The orange chair also made into a bed, but we didn't use it. The kit. was fully ready go - we cooked almost every morning and really enjoyed that - we didn't feel like we needed to rush off anywhere - it was very relaxing! The king bed was good - we have one at home (DH is a big guy) and doesn't sleep well if he isn't in a big bed - so that was great! I loved having the bedroom seperate - and having the internet in the bedroom worked out good for us - as DH could upload pics and things after DS went to bed. The bathroom is huge! I esp. like the tub - it was big enough for 2... :rolleyes1 it's very deep - so DH could enjoy it. ( make sure to do the cascade cleaning though - we did, then we felt comfortable using the jets). Funny - when DS was in there he used bubbles and the tub is so deep we could barely see him......... there is also a iron/board which was great. I loved having a wash/dryer in the room!!! YAY - no lugging dirty laundry anywhere! our balcony was huge, obviously the length of 2 rooms - it was nice sitting out there! The villa was VERY CLEAN - it was really like a home - we enjoyed it very much.

As for the door......... I'm pretty sure it's wood....... I didn't really check - but, it looks like wood!

I'm not sure what else I can say about it - if anyone has specific questions ask away!!! We loved it - loved the decor (obviously) and we finally were able to relax and enjoy our vacation - we just didn't feel rushed or cramped or anything if that makes sense!!

I'll work on day 2 soon.................. But Thanks for following everyone!!:goodvibes

:wave: Too bad about your view. Since we had a pool view I can't comment on the animals too much. But when we were there in April everytime we walked by the open viewing spaces there were no animals there either. I wasn't sure if we were just missing them.:confused3

:surfweb: but can't wait to read more.

It was just OK - kwim? I guess it was odd to me, since we'd alway stayed on the 3rd floor before - being up on the 5th floor I felt so FAR or high up from animals.......... plus - they were very scarce - only one day did we see a lot of animals and it was actually beautiful - we loved it. the rest of the time, we were lucky to catch a giraffe going by!

Day 2 - This was a Magic Kingdom Day and since the park was open till 2 am - we felt no need to rush! Actually, DH got up early and went to the grocery store - I woke to coffee and bacon and eggs and potatos and fresh BIG strawberries!!!! YUMMMM - I was so glad he'd went and gotten that over with. We were going to use wegoshop - but, since we had a car and had read some questionable things here - we decided to go ourselves. So, after breakfast we headed to MK. It was busier than we thought it would be - long wait times but we were able to do all the rides we wanted to do. We had lunch at Cosmic Rays - it was odd because the castmembers wouldn't let you get a table unless you actually had food - I guess thats good, but we'd never encountered that before - we had the typical burgers/ribs - it was hot so being in the AC was good. After lunch we rode more rides - again, wait times were long. We were over in toon town, DH and DS were in line to ride barnstormer, I had walked into the store when all of a sudden, a downpour like no other happened, it was raining so hard............ they made it over to the store, which was jammed pack with everyone trying to get out of the rain - they were so soaking wet that we had to buy DS a new shirt (see in the pics below) He had actually been wearing one of the shirts I"d made for him - I was glad the design didn't run though - it's still good as new! After the rain stopped we headed to Pirates Small World! We had dinner resv. at Chef Mickeys - they've expanded CM's - its bigger than it used to be and the waiting area is much larger and nicer - the way they take your pic is different too. Anyway - DS was excited to see the characters - we always do CM and are always happy with it, however, this time, not so much. It was a 6:30 resv. so it was fairly early in the night, but the food was just not good....... not a lot of variety, it was just very lacking - we didn't enjoy it and decided we'd skip it next time! This is a big deal, as it was a MUST do for us! After dinner, we went back to MK to see the parade - it was AWESOME - except for the woman who barged in front of me and took my spot - where we'd been standing for 30 min. - we were right near diamond horseshoe - and had a next to the flower boxes - standing, well the lady sitting on the box right in front of me got up and moved - so I was about to sit as she told me she was leaving, I actually had to move over so she could get out (it was packed) - this lady comes from out of nowhere and shoves me over - I said "UMMMM EXCUSE ME"""" - and she said - the other lady left, I want to sit here - I said, I'm sitting here and we've been here waiting all this time - she didn't move - not an inch - THEN had the GALL to actually move another womans baby carrier that was on the other side of her - that lady was with some others and was standing in the doorway of the saloon to rock her baby - her family started yelling at this woman to not touch or move thier stuff. Then this lunatic starts waving people over............ thats when I lost my mind, I told her there was NO WAY she was bringing anyone else over to get in front of all of us - she tried, she was waving her entire family over - the people all around were saying things to her, fussing at her, she didn't care -when her family all rushed over - they were told in no uncertain terms by many people standing there they were not getting in front of all us who had been waiting - and they didn't. However, eventuallly though she kept pushing and shoving enough to get her 2 kids up in front of her. I couldn't believe her or how rude she was - she should be ashamed. That was the one and only bad experience on this trip - it was otherwise completely lovely and everyone was nice and polite!

Some pics from Chef Mickey's
HPIM1237.jpg

HPIM1248.jpg

After the parade we headed back to the lodge - it was a long, fun day - but it was late and we were tired!!

Day 3 coming up!

Congrats to your DH getting through Licensing! I know that is a huge accomplishment! :cool1:

We are going to the same place in December! Its so hard to be patient!

Thanks for sharing your adventure!

Sorry to read about the rude woman at the parade, I honestly have to wonder about some people, they need a lesson in "the golden rule", but I have encountered a few just like her in my various trips.
Can not wait to read more :)

Congrats to your DH getting through Licensing! I know that is a huge accomplishment! :cool1:

We are going to the same place in December! Its so hard to be patient!

Thanks for sharing your adventure!

Thanks - it was a LOOOOOOONG tough 16 months! I'm VERY proud of him!!! :hug:
I see you just bought DVC - so, Welcome Home!! Did you buy at AKL? When in Dec. is your trip? Are you staying Jambo or Kidani?

Hey Wendy, that's a cute kid with the dog and the duck. ;)

Thanks Sweetie!!!! :goodvibes

Sorry to read about the rude woman at the parade, I honestly have to wonder about some people, they need a lesson in "the golden rule", but I have encountered a few just like her in my various trips.
Can not wait to read more :)

Yeah - she was a pistol............. but, ya know, I was mad for a little bit, then I kinda just felt sorry for her............ someone that rude and obnoxious has bigger problems than making me upset!!! We didn't let it ruin the trip!!! :goodvibes

Day 3 - ALL day at Epcot!!! We actually got up and had breakfast - DH is so sweet, he cut up strawberries for my bagel....... :cloud9: :love: then we headed to Epcot - we got FP's for TT and then we went over and rode Soarin and Nemo. We walked around in Mousegear and then DH and DS went to Mission Space.......... yeah, I don't do that one!!! LOL then we did test track - then we went over and did living with the land. We had lunch at Sunshine Seasons - DS got the Sushi, I got a sandwich and DH only got a drink - he wasn't hungry!! He did eat half my sandwich though and part of my fruit tulip............. :rolleyes1 LOL We then took the boat over to Morocco - went to France and then worked our way all the way around to Mexico! We took our time and really explored each country - it was so much fun - I love Epcot! There were still tons of Flower and Garden topiaries out - they were beautiful. So, touring the world took pretty much the majority of the day - we stopped for beers along the way of couse............ We had dinner at San Angel - we will NEVER EVER EVER as long as we live go back there - it was beyond disappointing. The service first of all is SOOOOO slow, the menu is ridiculously altered from what it used to be - the only good thing about it was my margarita! I don't even remember what we ordered, whatever DS got, the very first bite had an entire chile pepper in it WHOLE, he bit right into it - then started freaking out - it was so hot, he started crying - we were trying to have him drink and whatever I had got had rice, so I was trying to have him eat the rice - anything to make him feel better, finally we went to the bathroom and he just kept drinking water - I actually gave DS my food, we switched - I tried to eat his but was so nervous I'd get a pepper too, I just couldn't eat - I tried checking the food, but it's so dark in there you can't see what everything is. When the waiter came back, he noticed we'd switched plates, he asked if I didn't like mine.......... I told him what happened and he just ignored the entire thing - he actually asked ME if I wanted something else??? Never did he even acknowledge that DS got a pepper in his food. I certainly didn't want anything - just maybe an apology??? :confused3 Anyway - we left and went to our test track fast pass - the lines were good, so we rode about 5 times in a row!!! DS was so happy!!! Then we went and rode on Spaceship earth then headed back to the lodge!!

Here are some pics of the topiaries from the flower and garden festival - beautiful....

IMG_7388-1.jpg

IMG_5672-1.jpg

IMG_5669-1.jpg

Thanks for sharing everything so far, looking forward to reading more.

Glad to hear you all were having a good time despite the little bumps in the road.

I agree AKL is beautiful.

WS in Epcot is my favorite of all the parks :)
We had planned on trying San Angel this coming trip, but then DH said he rather go to Le Cellier, I am glad after reading what happened to your DS, I do not like anything too hot either.

...great report so far! :thumbsup2 (...love, love, LOVE the pix!) I can't believe how big your DS got!:scared1: :earseek:

Thanks for sharing everything so far, looking forward to reading more.

Glad to hear you all were having a good time despite the little bumps in the road.

I agree AKL is beautiful.

:goodvibes

WS in Epcot is my favorite of all the parks :)
We had planned on trying San Angel this coming trip, but then DH said he rather go to Le Cellier, I am glad after reading what happened to your DS, I do not like anything too hot either.

Yeah, we were so unhappy with it........... it's too bad too, we ate there a couple of years ago and it was SO good!!!

Fab pictures! Your son has gotten so grown up!

I know - he's a big boy now!!!!

...great report so far! :thumbsup2 (...love, love, LOVE the pix!) I can't believe how big your DS got!:scared1: :earseek:

Awww - Thanks Sweetie........... been wondering where u were? Did you see the giraffe pic I posted just for you?? :hug: AND don't you have a trip coming up soon................... :thumbsup2

...Awww - Thanks Sweetie........... been wondering where u were? Did you see the giraffe pic I posted just for you?? :hug: AND don't you have a trip coming up soon................... :thumbsup2

....been busy tending to my garden and cleaning out my laundry room....:faint:

Day 4 - Breakfast at Akershus - we LOVE this meal so much - we did it on our last trip and it was awesome, it was just as good this time. We love the entire experience - DS won't admit it, but he loves seeing the princesses. As always they were great and the food was very good - for typical breakfast fare, but you know what I mean! We plan on doing dinner here in Dec. After breakfast, we did all the must do's - TT, MS,Soarin. Then we headed over to MK and did some rides there. We had dinner at 1900 Park Fare, it was our first time here and WOW - it was fantastic - the strawberry soup sealed the deal!!! The food was outstanding, we really enjoyed it. The Characters were insane and funny and very enjoyable - the stepsisters are a hoot - we all loved it and will DEF. be going back in Dec. Here are some pics!!! *** Note the Cindy - same person/character - same day - 2 different restaurants - that was a riot!!! :)

Akershus
IMG_5556.jpg

IMG_5550.jpg

IMG_5554.jpg

IMG_5561.jpg

IMG_5565.jpg

1900 Park Fare

IMG_5795.jpg

IMG_5806.jpg

IMG_5813.jpg

** The guy in the background was cracking up the entire time they were with DS - he was literally almost crying - he was laughing so hard - it was funny though - they were a hoot! Loved it!

....been busy tending to my garden and cleaning out my laundry room....:faint:

I'm actually growing some tomatos and herbs - I wish I could do an entire garden!!! I love freshly grown foods - nothing beats the taste! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter