Our experience - testing requirements/air travel to U.S.

We do not require testing until late August, but was just looking now and everything is booked solid for Walgreens, nothing coming up at all.

Other than medical concierge, what are some other options?

We do not require testing until late August, but was just looking now and everything is booked solid for Walgreens, nothing coming up at all.

Other than medical concierge, what are some other options?
I've been stalking this as well. Appoints start to refill at 9:30 pm but not every location at once. Go check now and there will be lots.

I just checked as well (10:30PM EST) and quite a few appointments were available in the Orlando area. It does seem later in the evening is the time to book. And perhaps things will settle down a bit over the next few weeks.

I've been stalking this as well. Appoints start to refill at 9:30 pm but not every location at once. Go check now and there will be lots.
I just checked as well (10:30PM EST) and quite a few appointments were available in the Orlando area. It does seem later in the evening is the time to book. And perhaps things will settle down a bit over the next few weeks.

Thanks! Good to know.

This is so confusing, I checked the nearest 10 to AoA and the only dates for August available are this weekend? This cannot be right can it?

I was just thinking for getting off a cruise ship, stay an extra night in the departure port city (i.e., Fort Lauderdale) and get your NAAT / Walgreens test done after leaving the ship. Fly out the next day. All this just in case the cruise lines stops giving out tests for passengers who need them.

What if we booked a walgreens test online, but then didn't need it and therefore not show up? No biggie to miss it?

Edit to add: When on the walgreens website, is there calendar or something where you can select a specific date three days out?

I didn’t think DCL had ever announced offering onboard tests to international passengers. I’m actually trying to figure out how to manage this for our March 2022 cruise (rescheduled from March 2020) and am assuming at this point that we need to plan for 3 extra days in Miami after we disembark, so we can get tested and be able to board our flights home.

For Walgreens, do you have to book one appointment per family member?
That was my experience. You have to go through a questionnaire of sorts to book, so it makes sense you would need to do that each time for a different person.

If you do it for a child, a screen will pop up asking for the guardian's info. Overall, it's a very easy to navigate system, IMHO.

That was my experience. You have to go through a questionnaire of sorts to book, so it makes sense you would need to do that each time for a different person.

If you do it for a child, a screen will pop up asking for the guardian's info. Overall, it's a very easy to navigate system, IMHO.

Thanks

I also checked this morning and more appointments were open - so to support what others are saying, they seem to open them up later in the evening.

For those who have done the $40 test at Shoppers, can you tell me more about it? We're travelling to the Bahamas in September, and they're now requiring kids 2 and over to have a negative test as well. I want to prepare my 3 year old for it. He's had to do a PCR test 3 times now due to symptoms.

It's way more mild than a PCR, it only goes into the front part of your nose (both nostrils). My kids found it way easier!

I thought the PCR tests these days don’t have to go up to your brain lol?
Please tell me that’s the case haha
That is true, they do not. We just got our tests done for the outbound trip YYZ - MCO. The tech explained it well to us.

The collection sample and the type of test are two entirely different things. So we had PCR tests done (because PCR tests are the most accurate) but for the collection sample we did the two nostril less intrusive swab (officially called a "bilateral anterior swab") and not the brain tickling intrusive version. So you can do a PCR test with the dual nostril swab collection. It was nothing. If anything it tickles and may make you sneeze.

Thank you that is helpful. I will keep it in mind. I'll most likely try for the Walgreens option but at least this is an option.

In case you wanted the break down it's $245/PP for the test (on-site at their clinic or in your hotel) & $90/pp for the doctor to take the test at your hotel.

So at their clinic = $245/pp USD
At your hotel = $335/pp USD

I was considering since we had a party of 7 and thought it would be a "single" visit fee not per person.

Hope that helps.

In case you wanted the break down it's $245/PP for the test (on-site at their clinic or in your hotel) & $90/pp for the doctor to take the test at your hotel.

So at their clinic = $245/pp USD
At your hotel = $335/pp USD

I was considering since we had a party of 7 and thought it would be a "single" visit fee not per person.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for providing the information. I think that option is probably out unless someone is incapacitated. At least for us. But I am glad it's an option I thought it would be really helpful for people who were concerned about cabbing to the walgreens one. I'm not sure if I posted in this thread about the 30 minute walk on PCR test at the outlets on international drive but I think that's a great option as well even at 200 pp.

Okay. Thanks. I just checked the Walgreen's website and for this week Weds and Thurs are already booked full at the locations relatively close to WDW (Vineland and one other). I didn't check further. I love the idea of the free tests, but this just feels too risky for me. We are paying for a house call to our WDW hotel room. It's pricey as they only do PCR tests, but I'd hate to be in a scramble position with no appts available. With my luck, that would happen. My brain hurts from this testing situation :0
Do you have more info on this? If this testing situations
persists, I like this option.

never mind. I see someone already posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter