• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Anniversary Trip! Day Eight is Complete!

Have a blast. Gonna be hot so drink lots of water. Have fun. cannot wait to read all about your trip.

Wow what a great sounding trip. Was it a Grad gift??? I am sure you will have a great time. I would suggest getting some crocs...It is going to get mighty hot on you feeties. I am glad you are using TGM that will be a big time saver. Don't forget time to relax and enjoy yourself. There will be plenty of cranky parents and kids to have ruined days. No sense in letting that ruin yours. If you get tired and cranky in MK ride the TTA, it is always relaxing. Have a great trip!!!:cool1: :cheer2:

I just ran into your pre-trip... which is now being lived out by you and I'm sooooo jealous/ excited for you! I'm sure your having an amazing time! Your TR stuck out to me because my bf and I are going on our trip in about a month and we're also staying at the Contemporary! I can't wait to hear how it was for another young couple! I'm getting sooo impatient about my trip so I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to live vicariously through your TR until we go! Sound good??? Great, I thought so too!
:banana:

Marcy Poo you are soo funny!! I'm so glad that you can relate and live vicariously through me :) since that's what I've been doing until my trip finally came!!

We just returned yesterday from our magical trip to the World! I can't wait to tell all of you about all of the dreams that were granted for us!! I will hopefully get started on my trip report tomorrow..maybe even tonight if I don't fall asleep first lol. We took sooo many pictures and even more on the photopass which I won't have for a while so I think I'll just do my trip report with my photos and then when I get the photopass ones I'll just add them in. Anywho..talk to you guys tomorrow!!

Yay! Your back... ok I'm ready to go on our trip... and by "ours" I mean the trip that you, your bf and ME all took together... I just need to know what we actually did?!

:lmao: Oh man I crack myself up (can you tell I just got finished working a 10 hour day :eek: )

anyway I'm so excited for you TR! Glad you got home safe!

So I'm back which is very sad but I'm very excited to finally write my trip report. This trip was the best 10 days of my life and the best trip I've ever been on, we took over 300 pictures so I will be including a lot of them in my report..so I hope you guys really enjoy pictures lol and don't get sick of us. One thing I have to say is it was very very hot everyday with rain everyday also. But one thing that surprised me is that the parks really didn't seem that crowded at all. I could not believe how much we got done so quickly.

So anyway..here is the beginning of Day One...

So we got on our flight which wasn’t very eventful and everything was on time. We checked in at the Magical Express and were loaded onto the bus immediately. We then had to wait about 20 minutes until our driver finally decided we could leave. Sitting there was torture…just get me to Disney already!

Anywho…they played the video welcoming us to Disney World blah blah blah..We first had to stop at the Wilderness Lodge and then finally we were off to the Contemporary. I have to say no one seemed very excited to be in Disney..or maybe I was just way to excited lol. We got to the Contemporary and went to the front desk to check-in.

I had Cory call earlier in the week to tell them that we would be celebrating our Anniversary to see if maybe they would give us a complimentary room upgrade, although he was very reluctant he called. He asked if we’d be able to see the fireworks and they told him that we had the South Wing Garden View Room which meant most likely no. So we went into the hotel thinking that we would not be getting an upgrade.

Would we get an upgrade?? If so would it be complimentary and the upgrade we wanted??

--Sorry no pictures this time but don’t worry..I have hundreds and hundreds of pictures to add to the next installment.

im still here! I want to hear whether you got the upgrade or not? I'm staying in the south wing too and REALLY want to be in the tower... I hope you got it!

Disny4girls--yes we did need reservations for horseback riding. It was very fun and I would definetly recommend it.

I'm working on the next part now. I'm so happy to see you guys are still with me.

When we got to the front desk we gave them all the basic info to check in. Next thing we know the amazing CM Amy says to us...."Well you guys have a lovely view of the Magic Kingdom and the fireworks." At this we look at eachother half confused wondering what she could mean. Next she puts down the map of the hotel and circles our room....On the 10th floor in the Tower with Magic Kingdom Views!!!! At could barely breath and thought I was going to hyperventalate. It was the most amazing moment! That costs way more than our original room and was our dream room!! Magic Kingdom is my favorite and Wishes my favorite fireworks show. This was absolutley a dream come true.

So we very quickly made our way up the elevator to our room. When we opened the door, it was soo magical. I threw down our bags that we brought on the plane with us and threw open the door to our balconey to see this..

Disney007.jpg

and this...

Disney012.jpg

I went out on our balconey and started to cry..this was my dream!! This trip was already perfect!! We both soon remembered that we had plans to get to the Magic Kingdom for Lunch at Tony's Town Square.

More on Day One in a little while..

So we took the monorail around to Magic Kingdom and got there around 2:00. As soon as we walked in we found Gepetto without a line so I ran over to see him. He took my hand and started to dance with me which I thought was very cute.
Disney006.jpg

Disney008.jpg

Our reservation at Tony's wasn't until 2:45 so we headed over to Space Mountain to grab a fastpass. Walking in and seeing the castle for the first time this trip I couldn't believe how perfect everything was going. We got to Expedition Hall around 2:30 and decided to take a few pictures in the back which we've never done before.
Disney009.jpg

We were seated almost as soon as we checked in. We both really liked it here. Our table was decorated for our Anniversary with little streamers and confetti. For appetizers I had the salad and Cory had the breadsticks, both were very good. For our meal, Cory had the shrimp pasta (even though he doesn't like shrimp) and I had the spaghetti and meatballs (it's the Lady and the Tramp restaurant, how could I get anything different) which was very good, I really liked the meatballs. Cory even did the lady and the tramp spaghetti thing with me lol. I had the cookies and cream shake for dessert and Cory had the gelatto.
Disney017.jpg

I also had to take a picture by the fountain that they had in the middle. I have two minature schnauzers at home which is what tramp is so I really love him.
Disney019.jpg

Next we walked into Adventureland to try and get on the new Pirates. I saw it when I was here with my cousins back in April but Cory hadn't seen it yet. On our way in we spotted Timon and Rafiki and decided to wait to see them.
Disney020.jpg

After we saw them we made our way over to Pirates with only a 20 minute wait. Both of us really enjoyed this ride as you will see later in the report. I knew that I wanted to see Hook, Smee, Peter, and Wendy since Peter Pan is my all time favorite movie! So we found Hook and Smee with a decent wait and decided to just wait for them. I told Cory that he should call Hook a Codfish to see what he would do. As we went up to meet them Cory says to Hook "She thinks that you are a Codfish" and points to me. How could he betray me?? lol. So Hook lifts up my arm and pretends to sniff under it. He then looks to everyone in the line and tells them that I smell really bad.
Disney027.jpg

As this is going on Smee took Cory's sunglasses which you can see him holding in the picture.
Disney028.jpg

As Cory is trying to get these back, Hook is trying to take our camera out of Cory's camera case on his belt. We go to leave and I go to pick up my bag that I set on the ground when Hook takes it away from me. He starts looking through it trying to find something good. The interaction with these two characters were great.
Disney030.jpg

After this it is time for us to get another fastpass at Jungle Cruise. Cory really doesn't remember ever going on this and keeps calling it the River Ride. He also doesn't really remember the Tiki Room (which in my opinion is a shame, this is a ride that my Mom and I would always do and the original was sooo much better) but I take him on in. He enjoyed it but wished he could have seen the original (I tell him they still have the original in Disneyland, maybe we should go there ).
Disney025.jpg

We exit the Tiki Room and see Aladdin and Genie but no Jasmine. Oh well, we go to see the two of them anyway. They are very funny, Aladdin asks Cory if I am his Princess to which Cory replies only for today. So Aladdin says oh I get it just a streetmouse, that's how I met Jasmine ya know as a streetrat. I thought it was so cute that they bring the movie into interaction with you.
Disney026.jpg

Our fastpass was available for use so we went on the Jungle Cruise. We had an amazing skipper, hysterically funny. Cory really enjoyed this and we agreed to come back and do it at night when it was dark. We headed over into Fantasyland and FP one of my favorite rides, Peter Pan. We then headed over to use our FP in Space Mountain. Last time we rode a year ago Cory decided he wanted to touch the blue lit ceiling as soon as you start the ride, well it really shocked him and he joked about doing it again. We really enjoyed Space Mountain as always. When we exited into the gift shop it seemed overly crowded. When we looked outside we saw that it was downpouring. People were running in absolutley soaked.
We waited around for awhile and we decided after about 20 minutes to just sprint over to Buzz. Cory had sneakers on and decided to take them off because there were deep puddles all the way to Buzz. We ran over there and the line looked extremly long. After a little looking around though, most people were just standing under the roof and not going on. I really don't understand some people. We went inside and there was no wait, maybe 10 people ahead of us. We ended up going on twice in a row with no line. I even got the special point thing. lol. My boyfriend still beat me though, and always does.

After Buzz it was still raining but not as heavy as before. We ran into Fantasyland and FP Pooh which is another one of my favorite rides. We then ran into Pooh's tree house to get some cover and to see if I could find the hidden 20,000 leagues submarine.
Disney037.jpg

As you can see we're pretty soaked.

We then headed over to Columbia Harbour House for dinner which neither of us had eaten in before. We really liked it here, it was very homey feeling. We sat for awhile eating and watching the people below us.
Disney040.jpg

We then went over and used our fastpass on Pooh. I absolutly love love love the Heffalumps and Woozles part of this ride. We then rode PhilarMagic which we both really love. We got crappy seats because there were so many people but we still enjoyed it. We still had some time to spare so we decided to head over and try the Laugh Floor Comedy Club. On our way over I snapped this picture which I really love. The castle looks really cool against the gray clouds.
Disney045.jpg

I did this ride in April and thought it was cute. Cory enjoyed it also but it wasn't something we did again. We then went over and used our FP for Peter Pan. We then decided we should get back and get a good nights sleep tomorrow was breakfast at the Crystal Palace which we were both very excited about.

Day Two coming soon...

My boyfriend said something along the lines of "I just wanted to let you guys know that it is going to be our Anniversary while we're staying with you. Also can you see the fireworks from our room in the south wing (To which they said no). Ok thank you very much."
He really doesn't think this is why we got it..He thinks it was just random and we were lucky. But hey it's better to ask and be told no than to just not ask. Hopefully it works out for you guys also.

I'm reading and enjoying so please
keep it coming!!:thumbsup2 How
very awesome to get that fabulous room.
You can't beat the towers with a mk
view at the contemporary!!:)

We woke up early for our reservation at Crystal Palace at 8:05. As we walked in we got this picture.
Disney006-2.jpg

I loved how empty it was and would definitely come in early again. Breakfast at the Crystal Palace was wonderful. I especially loved the omelets. We met...
Tigger
Disney008-1.jpg

Eeyore
Disney013.jpg

Piglet
Disney014-1.jpg

Pooh
Disney017-2.jpg

We both loved the Crystal Palace and would come back again. Being in the park before rope drop was also great.
Disney011.jpg

After our great breakfast we waited at rope drop in Tomorrowland. We got a FP for Space Mountain. We then headed into Fantasyland and rode Snow White, Peter Pan, and Pooh, we also went on It's a Small World.

After that I really wanted to meet Ariel since she is my favorite princess. Cory agreed and we waited about 10 minutes to see her. She was beautiful and very funny, she called me Angelfish which I thought was cute.
Disney030-1.jpg

The play area they have set up for the kids is really cute. I love the statue.
Disney033.jpg

Cory saw the little jumping fountains and thought he could walk under it and just get a little mist from the water to cool him off. This is a picture of the jumping water.
Disney032.jpg

It's a kids play area and Cory is about 6'2, so when he walked under it this is what happened.
Disney031.jpg

If you can't tell, the whole back of his head and the back of his shirt was soaked with water, very funny.

We then decided this was a good time to head into Toontown to try and meet some characters because it was around 9:45. We were walking to the Big Tent when we spotted Pluto behind Minnie's House. I grabbed Cory and we went through Minnie's House. I stopped in the kitchen to show him the microwave and how they make the popcorn pop. While I was showing Cory the kitchen, someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and yelled. Pluto was right behind me, he came in to find us.
Disney034.jpg

He gave me a big hug and took my arm and led me outside he skipped with me all the way to the gate.
Disney036.jpg

When we got to the gate Pluto took me out and leaned against the gate, leaving Cory on the other side. He wouldn't let Cory get to me lol. Finally Cory told him that he was going to call the dogcatcher if he didn't let him out. It was so funny and he was another great character.

We went into the classic characters line in the tent and met..

Minnie
Disney037-1.jpg

Daisy
Disney038.jpg

and Donald
Disney039.jpg

Donald was very calm, which I thought was odd. I wanted to see angry Donald lol. Anyway we thought that while we were here we might as well meet Mickey Mouse. We waited not very long and finally met the Big Cheese (I know, really corny).
Disney040-1.jpg

Next up...a train ride to Frontierland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter