Our Anniversary Trip! Day Eight is Complete!

You two sure do a lot in one day.
I am enjoying your TR and all your pictures.

great report so far. Love the pic of the Castle.

Hey! Loving your TR! You guys have a similar touring style to me and my DBF. Can't wait to hear more, especially about all the great meals! You're so freakin' lucky with that upgrade at the Contemporary, I hope we can get that too on our next trip!

Thank you everyone for all your great comments. It is funny you said that Cory looks liek Dawson from Dawson's Creek. I actually never saw the show and Cory laughed when I told him what you said. The funny thing is that about 2 years ago when we were at Islands of Adventure, we were waiting in the line to get in when I hear to girls talking in the line next to us. I see them slyly pointing to Cory so I start to listen a little more. That's when I hear them saying to eachother, "Look! It's Jesse McCartney!! Omg go talk to him, he's your favorite."
Back then, Cory had longer hair that was blonde from the summer and looked slightly like him, but not really lol. It was soo funny and I never let him live it down. Anyway..thanks so much for everyone saying how nice of a couple we are. Isn't he so handsome :love: ...So finally, here is Day Two: Part Two

So we hopped on the train to Frontierland which I don't remember ever riding. It was very nice and relaxing.
Disney042.jpg

Once we got off we got a FP for Splash..it was soo hot the line was horrible. We walked over and rode Pirates again. After Pirates we went back into Frontierland and FP Big Thunder Mountain.

As we were walking back we ran into Brer Bear and Brer Fox. They were cute but not my favorite characters. Brer Bear kept hitting me in the face with his nose.
Disney045-1.jpg

We then walked back and had lunch at El Pirata y el Perico. It was nice and cool and I thought the Taco Salad was very yummy. I love the little bar they had so you could put whatever you wanted on the taco. After lunch we saw that Peter and Wendy were out. As I have probably said Peter Pan is my favorite movie ever so I had to meet them. They were soo great. Peter right away saw my pin of him and said "oh look it's me" so Wendy says "well where am I?" Right away I felt bad because I didn't have one of her, I've never even seen any. But of course I had Tink. So Peter goes "Hey look she has the Blue Fairy" to which Wendy retorts "Yah but...it's not me" So she says "she even has Tinkerbell" and Peter says "Yah well everyone likes her." They were so funny and so adorable Wendy had the cutest English accent. They were perfect.
Disney046.jpg

After meeting them we went to FP Jungle Cruise so we could ride at night. It was getting so hot we decided to walk back and take a swim. The quiet, circular pool is soo nice. We even spent some time on the beach. The midday storm was just starting to come in as we were getting out.
Disney050.jpg

Disney051.jpg

We then went back to MK and rode Space Mountain with our FP. After that we headed over to Splash and used our FP. We got soaked even before the drop. It felt soo good. We then had to go over and try a Dole Whip because I hear soo much about them on all the boards. Well..without getting in trouble with all you guys..I thought it was just ok. I dunno maybe because I'm not a huge pineapple fan..it was alright. Anyway after that we went back to the hotel to change for Ohana. We went to the Polynesian and really liked Ohana. The food was very tasty and I liked the setting.
Disney053.jpg

Disney055.jpg

We then took the boat from Poly over to MK to use our other FPs.
Disney059.jpg

Disney060.jpg

We rode Big Thunder with our FP and really enjoyed it, unfortunetly this was the only time we rode it. We then rode PhilarMagic again because our seats the night before weren't that good. I really love this ride. Finally it was night and we used our FPs on the Jungle Cruise. It was really a great experience at night but our skipper was horrible. She was very dull and not funny. It was still fun though.

We then went back to our hotel to watch the fireworks from our balcony. The fireworks were absolutly beautiful, my favorite show. Here are a few pictures, I know they didn't come out great but it's something.lol.
Disney075.jpg

Disney077.jpg

Disney080.jpg

The fireworks were a great ending to an amazing day.

I'll try to get another update up tomorrow.:banana:

great update. seems like you both had fun.

Now that I look again, Cory doesn't look so much like Dawson. Only in 1 or 2 pics. I asked my DH what he thought and he said I'm crazy! Anyway....

great installment!

I like reading this thread, I can relate quite a bit. My fiance and I are high-school sweeties like you two. We actually went to GRADE SCHOOL together, how funny is that? But never actually dated until the last couple months of high school. We are taking our first real vacation in 10 years together to Disney in October for our favorite time of year (Halloween of course!). I am saving it as a gift for his birthday celebration / our 10 year anniversary celebration... I am wondering if I should tell people about this. I've already made the reservations for everything, do you think it would benefit us now to call to give them this information? I guess that would kind of be like what your BF did, right?

Anyways, love this thread sofar! Can't wait to see the rest. You guys are a cute couple!

Great TR i really like it so far! Thats so awesome about the Contemporary! I hope I get a random free upgrade when I go to the WL!

I am loving your TR!! What a great suprise with your resort upgrade!!

Looks like you got to meet a lot of the characters! I may have to drag my husband to toontown this year...we generally stay away because of the mobs of people. How were the waits while you were there? Looks like Pluto was in a great mood that day-I love it when they interact like that!

Can't wait to read more!!

As we were walking back we ran into Brer Bear and Brer Fox. They were cute but not my favorite characters. Brer Bear kept hitting me in the face with his nose.
Disney045-1.jpg

When we were there in May for our 10th anniversary celebration, we saw them dancing a ho-down out in the middle of the street.

Hey guys! I'm sorry I haven't been on in a while but I was actually in Virginia with my boyfriends family without the internet!! I couldn't wait to get home to give you guys more updates. Thanks again for all of your wonderful comments.

bulah1--I love hearing about other high school sweethearts. I would definetly call and let the CM's know that it's going to be your anniversary..I can't say if it will defienlty work but it did for us.

beckyb29--Toontown was really fun..the waits weren't that long..I think the most we waited was maybe 25 minutes...which to me isn't that much for one on one time with three or four characters.

JKMJ441724--lol that sounds really funny...maybe if I saw them doing that I would have liked them better lol

I will try to get an update out tonight if I can stay up..otherwise I will make sure to get at least one out to you guys tomorrow!
:)

Hello again everyone! I'm so happy to see how many of you are enjoying my trip report. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to update recently, I leave Saturday for college in Florida and basically finished packing tonight so I'm taking a break to update for you guys. So here goes Day Three: Part One.

Today was Epcot, Cory's favorite park. We woke up early, grabbed a bagel, hopped on the monorail and got to Epcot for rope drop. Today was a full day at Epcot, but in a way it wasn't really because Cory had DiveQuest at 4:00.

We knew all about the massive rush for Soarin' and lined up at the rope closet to where Soarin' was. We were right behind the CM's who walk you to Soarin' which I was very happy about :dogdance: . We went right to the ride and were the 3rd and 4th people in line. We were put in the first row of the middle "handglider". I was sooo thrilled, we survived the rush and now we had the perfect seats. The ride was really great and definetly worth the rush. I loved all of the smells and the wind blowing. After we exited we grabbed fastpasses to use later. We decided to walk over and ride Figment which neither of us rode before. On the way over we stopped by the Living Seas to see the new building.

Disney084.jpg

So we headed over to Figment and we both liked it. I thought it was a little weird?? lol The part at the end right before it opens up to all the Figments scared me so bad I screamed lol. After Figment we went and FP Test Track which is one of our favorute rides. By now World Showcase had just opened. We went in to Mexico and rode the Gran Fiesta Tour. I always thought this ride was lacking a little and I think the Three Amigos is a cute new touch. We walked around inside Mexico for awhile, which is Cory's favorite "land".

Disney092.jpg

We headed over to Norway to ride Maelstrom which was cute. We did a little shopping and looking around before we moved on.

Disney085.jpg

Disney093.jpg

We walked through China and went in to see the Warrior statues which Cory thought was very interesting. We walked through the Outpost which is seriously lacking in my opinion. We stopped for a picture in Germany.

Disney100.jpg

We walked through Italy which was very pretty and really reminded me of the Italian resort in Las Vegas.

Disney102.jpg

We walked to Japan and were starting to get hungry. We stopped at the Yakitori House which was very cute. We took our tray and ate outside under a really beautiful tree next to a little pond. It was really nice, away from the hustle and bustle, and we really enjoyed it. The food wasn't amazing but it was pretty good. While we were there we saw that Miyuki was going to be out in a few minutes. We headed over to her stand and made sure we were right by the front. There were three or four other people there already waiting. We were lucky enough to get picked by Miyuki, who I have to say is very funny and very entertaining. When she picked on me I didn't know what to pick, I was thinking about a unicorn, then a dragon, then a penguin, and then I decided on a porcupine. I'm so glad that I chose him because he was so funny and she was hysterical making him, making little "ouch" noises when she was making his spines.

Disney103.jpg

Disney104.jpg

We then walked through Morocco which quickly became my favorite "land". Its arcitecture was absolutley beautiful. I loved the mosaic tiles everywhere. We continued through France which was very romantic. On the way through we saw Belle and the Beast. Belle is a very close favorite princess next to Ariel. I feel like I can relate to her the most. I like to think I resemble her in a way and I also love to read.

Disney105.jpg

I was so excited to see the Beast out because I've read that he's a hard one to find. We wanted to go back to the hotel before Cory went to DiveQuest so he could get all the stuff he needed. So we walked through and FP Mission Space on the way out. We took a break at the hotel and took these two pictures. You can see my porcupine candy better in this one.

Disney106.jpg

Disney109.jpg

Cory made sure he had everything he needed and we took the monorail back over to Epcot. Cory met with the DiveQuest people around 4 and I went and got popcorn and a water to go and wait for him in the aquarium. I sat in the aquarium and waited for him to walk past to go up the stairs to go into the tank. Finally he was in the tank. Supossedly your only supposed to get 40 minutes in the tank but the guy let them stay in for 50 which was great. Here are a few of the best pictures I got. It was hard to get pictures because you couldn't use the flash with the glass but he purchased the video that they took of all the divers.

Disney034-1.jpg

Disney040-2.jpg

Disney050-1.jpg

Here he is blowing me a kiss.
Disney054.jpg

I love this picture. All the little kids were so amazed by the divers in the tank. He was really interact with all of the kids and people that were watching him. I just think this picture is soo cute.
Disney046-1.jpg

We walked through MouseGears where Cory tried on this very cool hat. lol
Disney065.jpg

We grabbed our Extra Magic Hours wristbands and found out we couldn't use our FP during EMH which totally messed up our plans lol. We gave our FP for Mission Space away and rode Test Track which we loved again. It was getting close to our dinner ressies at Coral Reef and we decided to give away our FP to Soarin'. I was very sad to see them go but the couple we gave them to were thrilled. So we headed over to Coral Reef and got this picture.

Disney068.jpg

We got there and were seated almost immediatly at a table by the tank. I was soo happy to be seated there. We saw my favorite guy swim by not long after we sat.
Disney069.jpg

We both had steaks which were very good and tasty. For dessert I ordered the chocolate cake which was sooo sooo good.
Disney076.jpg

If you look in the top left corner you can see little cherries. Well I dislike cherries and Cory loves them so he always eats mine. I knew that they were soaked in Brandy because it was in the description. Now we can't legally drink and we don't drink at all. So when Cory grabbed the cherries and popped them in to his mouth he was surprised to say the least. He said he felt soo sick from them lol.

Disney078.jpg

Dinner was wonderful and I would go to Coral Reef again. We missed Illuminations and walked around Canada a bit before deciding to call it a night and head back to our hotel via the monorail. Another great day in Disney.

Tomorrow, EMH at MGM with a very special Dream.:cloud9:

awesome chapter! i love to hear good reviews from coral reef as we will be eating there!

Great update. I think i will try Coral reef when i go in March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter