Our Active April: W.I.S.H. Exercise Challenge

First timer! Do we post our times here each day or PM? I'm happy to post here just wasn't sure.

I'm trying to get 20 min of walking in per day minimum which would be 600 if I did it every day. I'm going to go with 750 to challenge myself to step it up!

Do most of you just count if its over a certain amount or do you add little bursts together? For example, I have been trying to take the stairs more which can be 5 minutes but don't know if its ok to post "45 min - 35 min brisk walk, 10 min stairs (10 flights x 2)" or if I should only count the walk (35)?

Hello there!!! I am joining up this month.

Put me down for an even 1000. I need a place to log my activity and be accountable.

If you had been following my foot saga before here is my update.

My physical therapy workout is at least 15mins/day and I am allowed to walk 15mins a day right now.

I have a mean case of plantar fasciitis with a ticked off nerve in my right foot along my toes. I got a cortisone shot on Thursday. It helped but I still have to be careful.

I also am getting orthotics made and waiting on those. My ankle needs to be stabilized.

Many thanks to our host 2TxAgs for stepping up and taking care of us!!!!!:yay:

First timer! Do we post our times here each day or PM? I'm happy to post here just wasn't sure.

I'm trying to get 20 min of walking in per day minimum which would be 600 if I did it every day. I'm going to go with 750 to challenge myself to step it up!

Do most of you just count if its over a certain amount or do you add little bursts together? For example, I have been trying to take the stairs more which can be 5 minutes but don't know if its ok to post "45 min - 35 min brisk walk, 10 min stairs (10 flights x 2)" or if I should only count the walk (35)?

Log what works for you. If taking stairs is a new endevour for you and it will help challenge you then please count it. The only competition is with yourself.
:thumbsup2

We all post here, no PM needed. I enjoy seeing how active others are. Some people are able to get more minutes in because they don't have kids in the house and work 12 hr shifts only 3 days a week. Like me. :wave2: Or training for a half marathon so more steps to run those long runs.

Welcome aboard.

Hello, Thanks for hosting! Sticking with my 999 for this month again, will my fourth try be the one that gets me to my goal? Yes, no excuses!!!!

I'm going to try this again. I'm in for 500. Training for a couple of 5K races in May. Doing C25K again.

Ok March was a bust, so let's make April better! My goal is 1000 for the month! Planning on starting 30 DS once it arrives!

Trying to ramp up for the Florida 70.3 in 7 SHORT weeks!

2500 this month.

Hi Everyone! Another first timer here! I'm going to be starting Couch 2 5K and am aiming for 1000 minutes this month. I figure I can fit in some extra around the 30 minutes. I plan to run the Royal Family 5K next year and hopefully the Princess Half. It's going to take a lot of dedication so I'm looking forward to the accountability and encouragement of this group! :thumbsup2

I would love to join in!!!! I need all the support I can get. I would also like my first 5k to be at Disney. I am kind of a wimp when it comes to outside running. It could be our lovely Buffalo, NY weather. Anyone else train on a treadmill?

Thanks for hosting! I rocked my goal for March so I am doubling it. I am in for 1000 this month! Let's get moving!!

Hello everyone, hope I am posting in the right place. I would like to be counted in for the April challenge. Goal is 1000. I have been using a Gazelle (like an elliptical) for the past 2 1/2 months. Yesterday was the first time I actually did an outdoors walk and did 2.25 miles in 43 minutes. I plan to do the Half marathon in Jan of '14 with my brother (already a WISH'er) and my daughter.

I would love to join in!!!! I need all the support I can get. I would also like my first 5k to be at Disney. I am kind of a wimp when it comes to outside running. It could be our lovely Buffalo, NY weather. Anyone else train on a treadmill?

I train on a treadmill. I'm in Kansas, and the weather here can't seem to make up its mind. Today it's 70 degrees, but it's supposed to snow on Tuesday! I've not run outside yet, but my training buddy and I are planning on it once the weather decides to stay nicer. I'm ready to start week 4 of couch to 5k, but I'm a little scared because you're supposed to run for 6 minutes.....not sure I'm ready for that yet!

I'm joining in on the fun. Put me down for 1600. I need something motivate me than just running.

Courtney:sulley:

The flu messed me up last month. This month can only be better. Put me down for 1000.

Hello everyone, hope I am posting in the right place. I would like to be counted in for the April challenge. Goal is 1000. I have been using a Gazelle (like an elliptical) for the past 2 1/2 months. Yesterday was the first time I actually did an outdoors walk and did 2.25 miles in 43 minutes. I plan to do the Half marathon in Jan of '14 with my brother (already a WISH'er) and my daughter.

Hi and welcome to the newbies! rquebral - how many minutes would you like to shoot for?

Everyone, please check that I spelled your name correctly and gave you the correct amount of time.

Can't believe April is already here. Woke up to hail on the windows this morning, strong storms, but a beautiful sunset and 70 degrees this evening. That's totally Texas weather!

Hello! I came pretty close last month, but got messed up. So, I'd like to try for 1000 minutes again. I'm ready!! :cool1:

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter