Other than Castle or fireworks, do you care what view your room has?

All I care about is being close to the bus stop & food court - I like to get my money’s worth out of my refillable cup (soda fanatic here).

I love a good view but not always willing to pay for it. We did pay for BWI WV & got a great room right on the BW. That was well worth it to me! We paid for a lagoon view at GF but I wouldn't do that again. We are staying at AKL Jambo in September but booked 2 pool view rooms so that DD & SIL could have their own room. That was more important than having a savannah view. 2 savannah view rooms were not in our budget.

Savanna view or partial view at AKL, Boardwalk view at Boardwalk, DS view at SSR.

for our September trip, we initially booked a garden view at BC. When the DIsney+ discount came out, we had to switch to YC, and we booked a water view, which was still cheaper than the standard view at BC. So I'm happy with that.... we don't spend a ton of time in the room, but it's nice if we are there to be able to sit on the balcony, have some wine, read a book and you have a nice view. but I don't really thing there are bad views at Disney. Our first trip we were upgraded to a castle view at GF, ( I think because it was my birthday) and while that was AMAZING , I honestly wouldn't pay for that view....

We really don't unless we find we've a good view of the Castle or the other WDW fireworks from our room. (And we're too cheap to pay more for a better one. If we get upgraded, we won't refuse it by any means. Loves that pixie dust.)

Haven't ever stayed where we'd have a Disney Springs view, which might be pleasant.

Otherwise, we're too busy in parks, shopping, eating or sleeping--especially sleeping to have energy for the other three.

How do you/your family feel about the view from your room?
So if it's a moderate or value, we don't care at all since there's really no benefit to a view w/ no balcony, with the exception of GDT. I never understood the view category for these rooms. I totally understand wanting to pay for a preferred location but the view from a walkway/motel window that people walk by is hardly any real benefit and has always given me a chuckle that Disney charges for it.

More times than not, I really don't care what sort of view we have since we usually aren't in our room much. We've had basic views for deluxe stays that are still pretty nice, nothing I'd consider a real eye sore. I think for me, the only view I might pay more for would be at AKL. We've stayed there before and both times we were upgraded to savanna view. Can't see staying there and not having that view as guaranteed.

When our kids were young and during early trips, we preferred the castle view at MK. Now we only pay for a view if a standard is not available. I can honestly say in all my trips I don't think I have spent more than 5 minutes sitting on a balcony- except trying to get ROTR VQ because my family was being annoyingly loud and I needed silence to concentrate on that world clock!

We did have a BW view one time at BWV and that was kinda cool- it was covid time though so not much going on outside.

Other than the deluxes with balconies, I never understood the views of non-balcony rooms. Shades were always drawn to keep others from looking in!

I generally prefer a higher floor and close to the lobby or another exit. I hate walking for a really long ways just to get out or the slogging back after a long day in the park. I will trade the view for that.

The older we get, the more we prefer some type of view — pool, lake, woods, fireworks, ect.

Depends. For a moderate, I wouldn't bother because there's no balcony. For a deluxe, I'd go garden view. The room is already so astronomically expensive, I think I'd feel cheated if I was staring at a parking lot off my balcony. I can't imagine paying the premium for water or theme park view. Maybe I'll one day be able to justify a fancy view, for a milestone anniversary or something.

Mainly I just don’t want to overlook trash receptacles. They always tend to make a lot of noise when they take out trash or when the trucks pick up the trash. Other than that, I don’t have a specific preference most of the time. However, I love a good view and when it is in the budget, I will pay the price every once in a while, especially if we plan on being in the room more. We do love to go back to WL during the day and swim and rest, so a nature or courtyard view works nice there.

Not concerned about the view as much as room location. We try to get corner rooms as much as we can....just a personal preference of liking to be on the end, close to the stairs if we're off ground level. We stayed at POR in 2021 and my main concern was being located close to a bus stop and close enough to the lobby that it was worth it to buy refillable mugs LOL. We ended up in Building 85 and loved the location.

We are Epcot resort people.

I have only booked Standard Room and Garden View. Back in the day, a CL standard room at BWI could have a boardwalk view. I would book a standard and request boardwalk view. Most of the time, it was accommodated. Non CL rooms (more the norm) I will book Garden View as we do spend time on the balcony and the last thing I want to do is stare at a parking lot or roof. YC has had some really nice Garden View rooms that we just could quietly enjoy the calm morning before hitting the busy parks.

Swan/Dolphin, I just book cheapest rate.

We've had rooms with a good view and rooms without. We spend some time back in the room mid afternoon to relax/cool-down/avoid storms but I don't really care about the view, I care more about the location. We were just at SSR and the first floor rooms on the side walkway we took to our room had patios that were literally an arms length from the walkway.

At hotel resorts, I just take anything.

For my DVC bookings at Animal Kingdom or Bay Lake Tower, I try to get Savannah or Park view.

Nope. If there is anywhere on the planet where we are in our room the least amount of time....it's WDW. Could really care less because hey....its' not home.

We never request a specific room or view. We only go for high floor as a request.

I don't care as long as it's not a bad parking lot or industrial rooftop view, that's just depressing. I do try to request a general building/view after getting a terrible rooftop view at BC. I usually end up booking a mid-range category to avoid the worst views.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter