Other Options...

Discussion in 'Adventures By Disney' started by It's always cold, Jan 26, 2011.

1. TXTransplant

TXTransplant DIS Veteran

sent you a PM

2. acndis

acndis Mouseketeer

TXTransplant likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. disneyphx

disneyphx Mouseketeer

We did Banff on our own a few years ago - DD was pretty small, so not very exciting activities. Columbia Icefield was very fun!

5. disneyphx

disneyphx Mouseketeer

We did TB over New Year a couple of years ago. I think there were about 40 people. One 3 generational group of 9, several sets of grandparents with one grandchild.
    We liked the trip a lot - I think the ziplining was a highlight for us, even though it was in absolutely pouring rain. We also liked the chocolate place.
    Since we did it, they have reversed the order of the tour and changed all the hotels.

Lulu27 likes this.
  6. snelvis

snelvis Earning My Ears

sorry to tag on so late but my family are looking at a guided trip to Yellowstone and looked at ABD will be myself age 47, my husband age 48, daughter age 12 and on age 11. What company did you use? We are active, can hike, but not rock climbers!! thanks

7. quinnc19

quinnc19 DIS Veteran

I think you should come with me age 49 and my daughter who will be 12 on the Backroads camping trip June 25 to June 29! It has 2 days in Yellowstone, 2 days in Grand Teton and we are spending time before and after in Jackson and then driving on our own to Glacier National Park. It's a mixture of hiking and biking but it's very flexible in terms of the activity level for each day. They have a special rock climbing just for the kids.

8. snelvis

snelvis Earning My Ears

We are planning for next summer. Are you going this year? Who did you book the tour with?
    Thanks!

9. quinnc19

quinnc19 DIS Veteran

Yes, this year. We are gonna go on the Rhone river cruise next year. I booked directly with Backroads. I know they also have a non-camping version of the trip, but my daughter really wanted to do the camping. Good luck!

10. Calfan

Calfan DIS Veteran

You might also look at Austin Adventures. We did a Winter Yellowstone trip with them last year, and it was fantastic. Our kids were 13 and 15 at the time.

WishUponAStarryNight likes this.
  11. WishUponAStarryNight

WishUponAStarryNight DIS Veteran

We went with Austin Adventures. A mix of hiking, rafting, zip lining, horseback riding. Nothing too taxing for kids as young as 7. It was fantastic- highly recommend!

12. TXTransplant

TXTransplant DIS Veteran

Wildland Trekking also does guided Yellowstone trips...both camping and lodge-based. We had an excellent experience with them on a Havasu Falls hiking trip this past Thanksgiving, and I wouldn't hesitate to book with them again. I've looked at the lodge-based tours, and I think they are very affordable (5 days for ~$2000 per person).