Ot ~ What's your go to crockpot meal?

BernardandMissBianca said:
Pork tenderloin and root beer, low 5 hours. Shred, add BBQ sauce

8 Bone in Pork chops, sliced green peppers, sliced onion, 2 14 oz cans diced tomatoes with the juice, and a dollop of ketchup. cook on low for 5 hours. Served with mashed potatoes.

Drumsticks with BBQ sauce, low 5 hours.

My mom made this when I was growing up. Instead of diced tomatoes and catsup she would add 2 cans of tomato sauce and a little water. Super yummy

Thanks!!! 3 more recipes to try. We don't eat much red meat so I really like the chicken recipes.

my go to latley is "easy chicken and dumplings" modified to have less chicken, more veggies because veggies are cheaper. sometimes if we have left over grilled chicken breasts i just debone them and cut them into pieces to recycle leftovers. this can be modified all sorts of ways.

2 cans of chicken broth
1 can of cream of chicken, and a can of water
a HUGE bag of peas and carrots mix, defrosted
lots of celery, sliced. i use almost the whole head.
2 boneless, trimmed chicken breasts, cubed
half an onion, fine dice
minced garlic
pepper
1 can of pilsbury biscuits.

i set my pot to auto so it's high for a few hours, then switches to low for the rest. i bring it back up to high and make sure it's all hot and boiling, then cut each canned biscuit into quarters, roll them into balls, and toss them in. 15 minutes with the lid on and it's done.

travelbug said:
This sounds really good! I'm a little confused about the rice. Do you add it right into the crockpot with the chicken and cook it there? If so, how long do you let it cook in there? Or do you cook it separately?

Thanks!

I add it in at the end, about 20 minutes before serving (since its just minute rice) and add the cheese at the same time. My DH and DD goober this stuff up!

I add it in at the end, about 20 minutes before serving (since its just minute rice) and add the cheese at the same time. My DH and DD goober this stuff up!
OK, thanks! It sounds easy and delicious, so I'll definitely have to try it! :)

Best Baked Potato Soup:

-1 pkg frozen shredded hashbrowns
-1 can cream of chicken soup
-2 cans chicken broth (I've also thrown in some bouillon cubes with the correct amount of water)
-diced onion, salt & pepper to taste
-1 brick cream cheese (low-fat is OK but not fat free because it won't melt)

Put everything except the cream cheese in the crockpot & cook on low all day. An hour before serving cut up the cream cheese & stir it into the soup. Right before serving, whisk to make sure the cream cheese is mixed all the way through.
Ladle into bowls & top with bacon, cheese, etc. Whatever you would put on top of a baked potato.
It's REALLY good & we NEVER have leftovers.

Try this one! It's been passed all around the kids school and has become a favorite in the neighborhood. It's very yummy!

Slow Cooker Meatball and Tortellini Soup
Ingredients:
½ bag of frozen Italian Meatballs (1 pound)
1 bag (1 pound) frozen cheese tortellini
1 container Beef Broth (32 oz.)
1 can (15.5 oz) Cannellini Beans
1 can (14.5 oz) Italian Diced Tomatoes (has basil, garlic and oregano in it)
1 small yellow onion, finely diced
2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
2 stalks celery, finely diced
½ tbsp. Italian Seasoning
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Grated Parmesan Cheese

Directions:
Pour beef broth in slow cooker and add beans (do not drain), diced tomatoes (do not drain), onion, garlic, celery, Italian seasoning and frozen meatballs. Set slow cooker on low for 6 – 8 hours.

About 30 – 45 minutes before you’re ready to eat, add frozen tortellini. Allow to cook thoroughly. Add salt & Pepper to taste.

Ladle into bowls and top with grated Parmesan cheese.

Thank you for this recipe! It was super easy and my family loves it!

I'm going to try the slow cooker jambalya recipe someone else posted next.

With school approaching our schedules tend to get busier! So that got me thinkinng about starting to use my crockpot. I don't really having any great recipe for the crockpot and I was hoping we could all share some go to recipes you use for the crockpot.

Here are mine. I know it's not much that's why I started this thread to get some ideas...

Cook chicken breast or pork loin in seasoned water. When done shread and poor bbq sauce on. Serve on buns.

Make spagetti sauce in the morning and let it simmer all day.

And lastly maybe a roast but dh tends to do this.

That's basically all I have so what are your go to crockpot recipes?

Frozen italian sausages, cut in half. Toss in a couple cans of crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce, add italian seasonings, onions, garlic and a pinch of sugar. Simmer all day. Serve with pasta and garlic bread and salad.

For busy people, one great tip is to prepare the meals in a ziplock bag ahead of time & freeze. Then in the morning, just dump the bag contents into the crockpot, turn on & walk out the door. Add cooking time since starting frozen. That can also help you if you are working & gone all day.

Beef Stroganoff is my go to crockpot meal. So easy 6 ingredients and you are all set. I buy my stew meat in a big package at Sams club because its cheaper than the grocery store and Sams meat is good.

Then I divide the meat in to 1 lb. packages and freeze it. When I buy cream cheese I usually get at least 3 packages since they usually don't expire for months. Then I buy several cans of golden mushroom soup. This way if I need a quick and easy meal I have all the ingredients on hand to whip this up.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Beef-Stroganoff-I/Detail.aspx?prop24=etaf

Besides pot roast, which is my favorite but has been listed already, I like slow cooker ribs--can't be easier.

--Rack of baby back ribs (spare ribs would probably work well, too, but our family prefers baby backs)
--Spice rub of your choice (lots of recipes online, like here; I think they're much better than the store-bought rubs, which often have way too much salt for our liking)
--BBQ Sauce of your choice.

1. Remove ribs from package.
2. Put spice rub on both sides of ribs.
3. Coil ribs around outer wall of slow cooker.
4. Set cooker on low for 8 hours.
5. After 8 hours, remove ribs (carefully-they'll be falling off the bone) and coat with BBQ sauce. finish under a low broiler for 5 minutes, just to set the sauce.

Serve with BBQ-type sides (I prefer cole slaw--easy, inexpensive to make and nutritious).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter