Options for Extending a Vacation Package

MrStrange

Earning My Ears
Hoping to get some advice from the group on options for extending a vacation package.

We are hoping to do 4N / 4D in the parks (arrive on a Saturday evening, spend Sunday-Wednesday in the parks in late March)

We are seriously considering a vacation package at Mira Costa for 2 of the nights (and 3 days tickets).
What we would like to know is how difficult or easy it would be to add a 4th day to the 3-day ticket we get in the package? Do we need to buy a single day ticket or can we add a 4th day at guest relations?

Some other, more minor questions:

How difficult is the luggage transfer between hotels? We will probably do this twice: Sheraton Saturday, Mira Costa Sunday/Monday, DLH Tuesday.

Would we be able to get our package and tickets on Saturday evening before Sunday morning? How late would that office be open?

We get two show reservations in the package. We'll do big band for one, would you recommend Out of Shadowland or One Man's Dream for the second show?

Thanks so much!

1. Not difficult. You can easily add a day to your ticket.

2. The Disney hotels will do it for you. I have never stayed at a partner hotel so I don't know about that one. Surely somebody else has.

3. No.

4. I like both but I'm not sure how much you would get out of Shadowland because there's a lot of Japanese dialogue. If you want to see it, you don't need a lottery ticket to get in whereas you do need one for One Man's Dream (& you cannot get in any other way). So, I'd use your package ticket on One Man's Dream & check out Shadowland if you have enough time and want to take a break.

How difficult is the luggage transfer between hotels? We will probably do this twice: Sheraton Saturday, Mira Costa Sunday/Monday, DLH Tuesday.

It's very easy. Just drop the luggage off at the bellhop and it'll be in your room at your new hotel when you get there. No electronics like laptops, iPads, etc for liability reasons. The Sheraton does transfer to the Disney hotels. We did it from Sheraton to DLH. Didn't find any info online that they would do this, so was pleasantly surprised.

Thank you both, very helpful!

I wanted to ask a follow-up on the "No" response to the question of whether we can pick up our package/tickets and such early on Saturday? If not, is the only option to do an early check in at Mira Costa on Sunday AM, before parks open at 8am (so like 7am or so)?

Thank you both, very helpful!

I wanted to ask a follow-up on the "No" response to the question of whether we can pick up our package/tickets and such early on Saturday? If not, is the only option to do an early check in at Mira Costa on Sunday AM, before parks open at 8am (so like 7am or so)?
Correct. You can’t check in before your actual check-in day. The hotel front desks open at 7 AM & the Welcome Center opens at 7:30 AM.

edit: removing link to image I deleted

Last edited:
If we are planning to stay 4 nights, does it mean I have to get two packages at 6 months out or get one package at 6 months out then hotel only at 5 months out? I can’t imagine myself going through the booking process twice. Is it possible to add hotel only nights to a 2-night package? Can I add two days of tickets to the package? Thanks in advance for answering all my questions here.

If we are planning to stay 4 nights, does it mean I have to get two packages at 6 months out or get one package at 6 months out then hotel only at 5 months out? I can’t imagine myself going through the booking process twice. Is it possible to add hotel only nights to a 2-night package? Can I add two days of tickets to the package? Thanks in advance for answering all my questions here.
You can add days to your tickets, but you can't add additional nights. If you want to stay longer, you will need to book a second hotel room separately. (I say "second hotel room" because it's a second booking, but if it's the same type of room you had for the package, they're probably not going to move you.)

You can add days to your tickets, but you can't add additional nights. If you want to stay longer, you will need to book a second hotel room separately. (I say "second hotel room" because it's a second booking, but if it's the same type of room you had for the package, they're probably not going to move you.)

:thanks:

We get two show reservations in the package. We'll do big band for one, would you recommend Out of Shadowland or One Man's Dream for the second show?

We found it pretty easy to get good seats for Out of Shadowland by getting to the theatre ... maybe 15 or so minutes before the show was due to start. I think we were something like second or third row in the centre section.

However, Shadowland is closing permanently on 1 April 2019, so that could drive more people to see it in late March 2019 and that could make it more difficult to get a good seat (or even to see the show).

I'd personally prefer One Man's Dream (I fell asleep when we last saw Shadowland), but there may be good reason in your case to choose Shadowland.

How/where do you add additional days to tickets?

Correct. You can’t check in before your actual check-in day. The hotel front desks open at 7 AM & the Welcome Center opens at 7:30 AM.

edit: removing link to image I deleted

Sorry to be a pain, but just double checking - does this mean on check-in day you can pick up your tickets at 7.30am and then return to the hotel to check in properly at 3pm (or whatever regular check in time is?)

Thanks!

FWIW, the original post mentions MiraCosta as the hotel of choice. We were not looking to add nights but, based on my own experience, there were no hotel rooms avaialable at exactly the five month mark, other than suites. We were very glad we had booked a package 6 months out (with every intention of cancelling if we were able to book a room only).
Depending on the time of year, you may have better luck.

How/where do you add additional days to tickets?

Sorry to be a pain, but just double checking - does this mean on check-in day you can pick up your tickets at 7.30am and then return to the hotel to check in properly at 3pm (or whatever regular check in time is?)

Thanks!
In-park ticket booths.

& yes :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!