Options for Extending a Vacation Package

Discussion in 'Tokyo Disneyland' started by MrStrange, Oct 23, 2018.

1. MrStrange

MrStrange Earning My Ears

Hoping to get some advice from the group on options for extending a vacation package.

We are hoping to do 4N / 4D in the parks (arrive on a Saturday evening, spend Sunday-Wednesday in the parks in late March)

We are seriously considering a vacation package at Mira Costa for 2 of the nights (and 3 days tickets).
    What we would like to know is how difficult or easy it would be to add a 4th day to the 3-day ticket we get in the package? Do we need to buy a single day ticket or can we add a 4th day at guest relations?

Some other, more minor questions:

How difficult is the luggage transfer between hotels? We will probably do this twice: Sheraton Saturday, Mira Costa Sunday/Monday, DLH Tuesday.

Would we be able to get our package and tickets on Saturday evening before Sunday morning? How late would that office be open?

We get two show reservations in the package. We'll do big band for one, would you recommend Out of Shadowland or One Man's Dream for the second show?

Thanks so much!

2. MKTokyo

MKTokyo Mouseketeer

1. Not difficult. You can easily add a day to your ticket.

2. The Disney hotels will do it for you. I have never stayed at a partner hotel so I don't know about that one. Surely somebody else has.

3. No.

4. I like both but I'm not sure how much you would get out of Shadowland because there's a lot of Japanese dialogue. If you want to see it, you don't need a lottery ticket to get in whereas you do need one for One Man's Dream (& you cannot get in any other way). So, I'd use your package ticket on One Man's Dream & check out Shadowland if you have enough time and want to take a break.

3. wanderlust7

wanderlust7 DIS Veteran

It's very easy. Just drop the luggage off at the bellhop and it'll be in your room at your new hotel when you get there. No electronics like laptops, iPads, etc for liability reasons. The Sheraton does transfer to the Disney hotels. We did it from Sheraton to DLH. Didn't find any info online that they would do this, so was pleasantly surprised.

4. MrStrange

MrStrange Earning My Ears

Thank you both, very helpful!

I wanted to ask a follow-up on the "No" response to the question of whether we can pick up our package/tickets and such early on Saturday? If not, is the only option to do an early check in at Mira Costa on Sunday AM, before parks open at 8am (so like 7am or so)?

5. MKTokyo

MKTokyo Mouseketeer

Correct. You can’t check in before your actual check-in day & you can’t use Happy 15 on your check-in day. The hotel front desks open at 7 AM & the Welcome Center opens at 7:30 AM.