Opinions on buying Polynesian resale now?

Have they said if Poly Tower will be a separate association or the same as Poly now? I was assuming it would be the same (like VGF resort rooms) but maybe will be like BRV vs CCV?

If its the same association, they will run a special (like they are for VGF now) that will make buying direct worth it. Just my prediction.

If I were to buy both direct and resale for the same use year at Poly (say 150 points each), do they track which points were direct and which were resale? Or do they consider it a fungible pool of 300 points?

If I were to buy both direct and resale for the same use year at Poly (say 150 points each), do they track which points were direct and which were resale? Or do they consider it a fungible pool of 300 points?
They know. They keep track.

I think this thread convinced me. I want in at Poly!
I own at BLT (direct). My son and I usually stay at BWV. I’d love to buy there or BCV, but the 2042 date scares me.
We stayed at Poly during Covid and loved it. My GF and I stayed at Poly during Covid as well and loved it too!
My question is (if this is allowed)…where is the best place to look for resale contracts? I’ve found a few, but anyone know the best sites?

I googled “DVC resale” and then bookmarked all the sites I found linked directly to the resort I am looking for, so I can click the link and check every day for new listings. Hope that helps!

I think this thread convinced me. I want in at Poly!
I own at BLT (direct). My son and I usually stay at BWV. I’d love to buy there or BCV, but the 2042 date scares me.
We stayed at Poly during Covid and loved it. My GF and I stayed at Poly during Covid as well and loved it too!
My question is (if this is allowed)…where is the best place to look for resale contracts? I’ve found a few, but anyone know the best sites?
I’m awaiting ROFR with DVC Resale Market. They’ve been very responsive and assigned me a concierge while I wait who provides updates and is available for questions. They had a large selection!

I've used three different (fairly large) brokers, and they were all fine. IMO, it was Mason Title that was key.

Have they said if Poly Tower will be a separate association or the same as Poly now? I was assuming it would be the same (like VGF resort rooms) but maybe will be like BRV vs CCV?

If its the same association, they will run a special (like they are for VGF now) that will make buying direct worth it. Just my prediction.

Nothing has been announced. Most likely we won’t know until next year when it gets within 6 months if sales.

Regardless if association, I think they will price it well. .

The points are what carry the restrictions, not the owner.

So any resale points can’t be used at RIV and future resorts. If Poly tower ends up a new association, then when you went to book, your Poly resale contract won’t even show up as an option to book it.

I've seen a few posts on this thread mentioning Poly resale contracts for $140-$150 per point. Where do you find these contracts? I'm checking the 3-4 well known resale websites and all I see is $175-180 per point for 100 points contracts.
Also... not sure if the board allows naming resale companies... is there a list somewhere of the legit resale websites?
Thanks!

You can make an offer and try to get it for a lower price.
I am currently buying 2 Polynesian contracts That were from the same owner. asking price was $165 for both contracts. I offered $150 on one contract and they accepted Immediately so I turned around and offered $140 for the second contract and they declined it. I waited a week offered $145 and they accepted. Consider myself lucky to have gotten two at a good price. They were both small 75 point contracts.
I would make an offer on one all they can say is no.
good luck

I've seen a few posts on this thread mentioning Poly resale contracts for $140-$150 per point. Where do you find these contracts? I'm checking the 3-4 well known resale websites and all I see is $175-180 per point for 100 points contracts.
Also... not sure if the board allows naming resale companies... is there a list somewhere of the legit resale websites?
Thanks!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-site-you-wish-to-mention-or-discuss.3821848/

That gives you the rules for discussing businesses here on the DIS. If there is one you don't see listed, simply use the website address in your post...if it shows up as ***** then it is a filtered business which can not be discussed.

Using names or hints to try to get someone to figure it out is against the rules. One thing that helps is to use the preview button before posting because if you know ahead of time the business will be filtered, then you know not to worry about posting!

We had the same questions as OP when we bought Poly resale earlier this year. We love it for couples only trips and even for shorter stays with 2 teenage ish girls and we decided waiting until we knew if the new tower would be Poly 2 or not just didn't make since as we like the studios enough.

You can make an offer and try to get it for a lower price.
I am currently buying 2 Polynesian contracts That were from the same owner. asking price was $165 for both contracts. I offered $150 on one contract and they accepted Immediately so I turned around and offered $140 for the second contract and they declined it. I waited a week offered $145 and they accepted. Consider myself lucky to have gotten two at a good price. They were both small 75 point contracts.
I would make an offer on one all they can say is no.
good luck
Have you requested the contracts be closed together? Big savings!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter