Opinions For Party of 5 Please

David’s DVC is a popular choice on the boards. If you go to his site, you’ll be able to see the cost in terms if points and dollars on his site for your dates. Keep in mind, that doesn’t mean there is availability. It’s just meant to give you an idea of what his rates are.

ETA: Pay attention to the room configuration when looking at DVC. For example, AKL Jambo’s 1 bedroom standard accommodates 5, but is made up of 1 king bed, 1 double sofa bed and a sleeper chair. I don’t think it would not suit your needs. Not to mention, only 1 bathroom.
Jambo House one bedroom has one king bed in the master and queen sleeper sofa and twin sleeper chair in the living room. Not double. It doesn't have the extra bathroom. Kidani will have the extra bathroom.

So many of you have mentioned renting dvc points. Could you point me in a reliable direction for getting accurate information about this? I’ve never looked into it before and doing a google search was a bit overwhelming.
I was hoping you would ask! We used DVC Rental Store, but David's is popular and we would be fine using them as well. DVC Rental Store has a nice availability tool so you can see if there are even any room available for your dates before you put in your request. That helped me push our dates around for the highest likelihood we would get our request fulfilled.

I think the suggestion for an OKW villa is great for your family! In my experience, the Daybeds and Murphy beds at Disney are MUCH more comfortable than any Disney "sofa bed" (couch that opens to bed). From my understanding as long as you are within the occupancy for your villa you may bring additional sleeping surfaces (like an air mattress). In the future, I would opt to do that rather than use the fold out.

When you stay on DVC points, even renting, there is no charge for parking at the Resort or Parks, you can purchase the dining plan, FP+ 60 day window and the DVC resorts are often close to parks. Not OKW, but if you have a car you'll be fine.

We are a family of 4 (all adults now), but have travelled with 5 occasionally when one of our kids brought a friend. This year there will be five of us. Our son is bringing his girlfriend and will be proposing. His favorite resort is the POLY--so the five of us are getting a POLY club level room. We did that last time and it was really nice to have the club for additional space to hang. DH and my DS will share one bed, my DD and I in the other---and we'll give my son's soon-to-be finace the day bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter