Opinion Time! If you had to drop one of these character breakfasts, which one would you choose?

Which CM would you drop? (Keep in mind: it would be our 1st time at any of these)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow, I can't believe that as of now, Cape May is getting the most votes to drop. That and Tusker House are my two favorites. I voted for Garden Grill, because it just didn't impress me. Also, the set up there, at least in the booths on the lower level, doesn't allow you to see the characters unless they're right there at your booth. I like to see them walking around.

We loved Tusker House last year. But IMHO and ONLY IMHO, you have a lot of character breakfasts especially for a first time visit. They do take a big chunk of time.

I didn't realize this was also a first trip. Oh my! I still feel that one character breakfast is enough, but knowing that, yes, definitely I wouldn't do more than one! That takes a lot of time! My kids wouldn't have wanted to do that (and of course I couldn't sit through that many either).

We've done all 4 and would repeat any. However, I would drop Cape May only because it's just not as exciting as the others.

Tusker House would be my second choice to drop. It was very chaotic/loud in there.

We love character meals. Garden Grill and Crystal Palace are must dos for us.

I voted to cancel CP. However, I'd cancel the one that fit my plans the least. Chasing ADRs takes lots of time away from touring.

Thanks to everyone that's voted and replied! I've read every one!

We loved Tusker House last year. But IMHO and ONLY IMHO, you have a lot of character breakfasts especially for a first time visit. They do take a big chunk of time.

:D Heh, yeah it is several meals (though we'll have 9 days) which is part of why I was considering dropping one.

I have to totally agree, but we've never been really "into" character meals.

Over the years, we've happened upon Cape May as well as Tusker House (I think that was lunch or dinner though, I forget, but it seems there were characters, forget which ones, see what I mean?) Oh, and Hollywood & Vine, many years ago, but my youngest was 2 and shy of the characters, so we didn't really interact.

I'd say for a trip, one is enough. You are taking time to sit through breakfast, which is pretty much the same food everywhere (eggs, potatoes, fruit, meats, maybe smoked salmon at Cape May, but you get the idea, it's nothing special). You see some characters, which is why it's expensive.

If I were a breakfast eater, I'd prefer to do a restaurant where I'm properly served instead of so many buffets (and can order something else like eggs benedict that hasn't been sitting on a warmer so the egg is overcooked). That being said, I don't often eat prior to lunch.

I'd look at what parks you'll be at during what days, things like if you got a challenging to get AP+ like FOP or Slinky Dog, then plan around that park.

I certainly wouldn't do nearly as many as you are planning, though. I would feel like all I did on vacation was buffet breakfasts. I'd narrow it down to one, two tops.

(Yup, it's our first trip and our only for the next 3 years while we save for a house next~!) A few of them are PPO, and I've gotten some great FPs so I'm not too worried about that. We're big breakfast eaters as well. :P

**Edited to add: Our plan for the day that we'd do CM (along with BnC) was a resort day before MNSSHP. There's been some good points, including that we'll get those characters elsewhere. So I think I'll gauge how we feel after the first couple days and then decide to whether to drop it before the cancellation window. But I'm so glad to have gotten the input from y'all!

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone that's voted and replied! I've read every one!

:D Heh, yeah it is several meals (though we'll have 9 days) which is part of why I was considering dropping one.

(Yup, it's our first trip and our only for the next 3 years while we save for a house next~!) A few of them are PPO, and I've gotten some great FPs so I'm not too worried about that. We're big breakfast eaters as well. :P

**Edited to add: Our plan for the day that we'd do CM (along with BnC) was a resort day before MNSSHP. There's been some good points, including that we'll get those characters elsewhere. So I think I'll gauge how we feel after the first couple days and then decide to whether to drop it before the cancellation window. But I'm so glad to have gotten the input from y'all!
One thing to consider is if you have a good breakfast and then a late lunch, you will be set for MNSSHP and wont have to take time to eat dinner at party and can just snack

I have Tusker House, Cape May, Crystal Palace, AND Hollywood and Vine booked for my Dec trip! We tried canceling one here or there.. but figured it would be way more convenient for my 2 yo son to be able to eat and see the characters at the same time!

I understand your strategy a bit more now. PPO means you'll eat (probably a bit quickly to be efficient) and enjoy little lines for attractions. And that you are big breakfast eaters too! I'm the opposite; I rarely eat before noon or early afternoon, and like to linger with my coffee for a couple hours in the morning at Disney in the room. We rarely get going until maybe early lunchtime.

I hope you really enjoy your first family trip there!

I voted for Cape May, not because I have anything against it but we are early morning tourers and you should at least be at a park to start your day in my opinion.

I vote Tusker House. We find it very chaotic. We've tried breakfast twice and lunch twice. We always give places another try and this one just doesn't thrill us. We have always had, at best, bare minimum service. I finally went and got my own napkins after asking twice for a few extra with our server looking right at me last month and last Christmas, we were trying to leave to get to the FOLK and our waiter refused to give us our bill until all the characters came around, even though we told him we weren't interested.

I’ve enjoyed Cape May but I voted to drop. I would aim for earliest breakfast at other three to get in park ASAP and ready to roll after eating.

I would drop Cape May but only because of my families park style. We have the other 3 penciled in for our next trip but I get pre park opening ADR's for each and we have a system for heading to particular rides after these breakfasts. I call it our 4th fast pass breakfasts because after breakfast we head to the same rides each time and get a ride in early. An example is Garden Grill we eat there and head straight to Soaring in stand by. Never had to wait more than 10 minutes.

I don't like Crystal Palace - it's way too crowded and noisy and has the most little kids, which we don't have any more.

The others are all great experiences and unique atmospheres. If you want Pooh and Tigger, you could also think about 1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian. You have them plus Mary Poppins, Alice and the Mad Hatter which are all really fun because they can TALK TO YOU!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter