Opinion ~ Is a two night trip to Disneyland even worth it?

Pluto468

DIS Veteran
When it comes to visiting Disneyland, I am firmly in the go-as-many-days-as-possible camp. BUT...Between work, school etc my upcoming April trip would be only 2 nights. Arrive at the park on Sunday around 3:00, go all day Monday, leave around 4:00 on Tuesday. We'd have hoppers and stay at the Grand. We'd be doing Dapper Days and enjoying Season of The Force.

I can't even fathom such a short trip lol.

So my question for people who take shorter trips is: Were you able to get everything done that you wanted to? Is it possible to have a nice relaxing time with only 2 nights?

Another factor is that I've sworn a blood oath to my Disney-weary DH that this will be the last trip for a number of years. If we don't go in April we'd hope to make it in June or November, when I could do 3 or 4 nights.

I have gone to DL for just a few hours so I think any trip is worth it. I can’t speak to Dapper Days of Season of the Force but I think in general if you have some type of plan and are realistic about what you want to get out of the trip, two nights is better than no nights 😉

Not sure I would say you'll do everything you want AND it will be relaxing. But when you've been multiple times. If a short trio is what fits in your time and budget constraints, only you can pick if that fits into your travel style. For our family it definitely does, we'd rather experience and do something we love or try something new we aren't sure if we love than miss out.

Hope you have fun!

When it comes to visiting Disneyland, I am firmly in the go-as-many-days-as-possible camp. BUT...Between work, school etc my upcoming April trip would be only 2 nights. Arrive at the park on Sunday around 3:00, go all day Monday, leave around 4:00 on Tuesday. We'd have hoppers and stay at the Grand. We'd be doing Dapper Days and enjoying Season of The Force.

I can't even fathom such a short trip lol.

So my question for people who take shorter trips is: Were you able to get everything done that you wanted to? Is it possible to have a nice relaxing time with only 2 nights?

Another factor is that I've sworn a blood oath to my Disney-weary DH that this will be the last trip for a number of years. If we don't go in April we'd hope to make it in June or November, when I could do 3 or 4 nights.
I'm with you on going as many days as possible.
Prior to Covid, I had an annual pass and would fly down from Portland, OR for trips to the parks.
Sometimes the grandkids would tag along other times I'd be solo.

When I could get a flight down that got me to the park by 9:30am and the last flight of the day was at 7pm or later, I fly down for the day. My husband thought I was crazy but then he's not a fan of the parks. Just meant he was on his own for lunch and dinner that day.

I think you'd have a more relaxing time with the later dates you mention.

I say, yes. 100%

Basically I am of the mind set that ANY time you, I...one can get in Disneyland is worth it. ESPECIALLY because of Dapper Day and Season Of The Force, too!

Last edited:
Oh yes!!! I love Dapper Day!!! Of course, I would go both upcoming Dapper Day and in Nov, LOL (would that be Dapper Day as well?). If your dh doesn't want to go with you, maybe you could go with a friend and split the cost of one of those trips. I'd be happy to meet up with you sometime :)

Yes!!! It’s going feel like it’s a whirlwind trip, because it is! But rest up..get yourself organized and have some fast paced FUN!!!

How much travel is involved getting there and back? And is all the travel just for Disneyland trip? We have recently done two separate one-day visits to DL (December and Feb) and had a fantastic time both days. But those were visits we wedged in to nearby stays and it was just an hour or two drive to get there for the day. If we had to come all the way from Idaho just for DL I'm not sure it would be worth it for the timeframe you mention (especially with no direct flights for us) and I'd rather wait a bit and do the later trip with more days. But if the travel doesn't bother you then go for it!

In May, I have a combined work/solo trip with 3 rope drop mornings (3 hrs each), meetings at the convention center durning business hours and 2 evenings back in the parks (one evening is Grad Nite so I may not spend much time in DL if it is crazy busy.) Personally, that is plenty of time for me but we are able to make 2-3 short trips per year. Looking forward to Hyperspace Mtn, new Star Tours scenes and “Fire of the Rising Moons” fireworks in Galaxy’s Edge. Staying onsite so early entry will be an added 30 minute rope drop bonus. I find that I get more done in less time on a solo trip and it is more relaxing because I just have to keep track of myself.

For me, if this was the last trip for a number of years then I’d rather put it off and have 3-4 nights instead of 2… unless dapper days or season of the force would entirely make up for the shorter trip. For me, it wouldn’t, but for you…?
This!

Also, I don’t consider a Disney trip relaxing. Lol. We walked 28k steps one day last trip 🤪

I love my 3day solo trips! It’s just about perfect for me…I get my cravings satisfied but am still hungry enough that I can’t wait to come back next time! And not talking strictly food here. In 3 days, I’ve had enough of the crowds and people but its still enjoyable.

My Christmas trip with a friend is 5 days and I’m about ready to go crazy by the time I board the plane to come home.

I’m applying this 3-day philosophy to quite a few trips now. Went to NYCto see the Rangers plat at MSG, spent three days touring hard and had the best time! Can’t wait to get back at Christmas and see the Rockettes and windows and treat Rockefeller Center. But still only planning 3days. I’m weird, I know.

So I would do two days at Disneyland if that’s all I had.

Oh yes!!! I love Dapper Day!!! Of course, I would go both upcoming Dapper Day and in Nov, LOL (would that be Dapper Day as well?). If your dh doesn't want to go with you, maybe you could go with a friend and split the cost of one of those trips. I'd be happy to meet up with you sometime :)
That would be really fun! If we go in Novemeber I'd be really torn over Dapper Day and waiting a week for the Christmas decorations to go up.

How much travel is involved getting there and back? And is all the travel just for Disneyland trip? We have recently done two separate one-day visits to DL (December and Feb) and had a fantastic time both days. But those were visits we wedged in to nearby stays and it was just an hour or two drive to get there for the day. If we had to come all the way from Idaho just for DL I'm not sure it would be worth it for the timeframe you mention (especially with no direct flights for us) and I'd rather wait a bit and do the later trip with more days. But if the travel doesn't bother you then go for it!
Good thing to consider. It's only about a 2 hour flight, so not too bad.

I think it's enough, but it really depends on how important it is for you to do everything that you want to do. I usually go for 2 days. I'll have a couple things in mind that I absolutely have to do and then everything else is a bonus. Since you are mentioning going to special event days, I'd assume those will be extra crowded and it will be less likely to get stuff done if you have a longer list.

I'm also in the go the most days possible camp. We haven't done a trip without full 5 day tickets in awhile... our last family Disneyland trip was 5 full days plus a full rest/OBB day trip. We did 8 total nights at DLH.

I'm also in the " we are refining our finances right now and our Disney trips/vacations are now 1x a year as a family...

So with that being said I would delay it for a longer trip. Unless season of force and Pixar fest are huge draws for you... wait until you can do the longer trip!

So true! That's part of why I like 5 day trips. I can take nice long breaks in the afternoon, and sleep in one day if I want. (I never do because I'm too excited, but I could :) )
We always say we will sleep in too and then we don’t. Lol. It is nice taking a slower pace when you know you have more days. That way you can still do everything you want, plus stop and smell the roses.

Absolutely!

We snuck in an adults-only trip without our 4YO at the end of last April to get the "adult" rides out of our system. It was our first child-less trip since he was born. We flew in on a Saturday morning and went straight to DCA after dropping off our bags at CCI. Went to DL on Sunday and flew home on Monday morning.

We pretty much managed to get everything we wanted to get done and more (except Fantasmic because the dragon went up in flames the day before, so we went on ROTR a 2nd time instead). I'd say we weren't stressed though we did have a plan to get the rides we wanted to get done. It also made the subsequent trip in November much less stressful because we could go at our child's pace for that whole trip and not worried about rides that we wanted to do for ourselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter