Onward to TDR! March 2019 Exercise Thread

I hope I have some money left because that is some seriously cute merchandise! I've got to have the Stitch chopsticks and the Mr. Potato Head potato masher (though that's about as bad as Sebastion serving seafood at his quick service location). I'll also take a Duffy keyring, and it appears now is the time to stock up on ears because they're crazy cheap compared to WDW.

Loving the Hank hat!!! You should definitely get that, @sophy1996 . :thumbsup2

Congratulations to redlight for coming in at Cookie Orange, and to PollyannaMom (in her new slippers) and me for turning ShellieMay Red!

We didn't really have time for character greetings in Disneyland, so let's check out some characters in DisneySea. Here's a comprehensive guide to the characters, who are found in most of the ports. It looks like there are some characters we don't see too often in the U.S. parks, and even the familiar faces like Mickey and Minnie have cool different outfits! (I especially like Pluto's snorkeling gear in Mermaid Lagoon.)

For a nice sit-down dinner (which we deserve after all the stuff we've done at DisneySea!), we have at least four choices:

Magellan's
Ristorante di Canaletto
S.S. Columbia Dining Room
Restaurant Sakura

Here's an article ranking them (this article also discusses another restaurant, Sailing Day Buffet, but that closed permanently last year).

Congratulations to redlight for turning StellaLou Purple and then Gelatoni Pink!

The grand finale of our visit to DisneySea is that park's version of Fantasmic! and then the fireworks show.

Fantasmic! is performed on Mediterranean Harbor. I haven't seen Fantasmic! at the U.S. parks in a really long time (it's never been one of our favorite shows), but this version seems a bit different than what I remember.

And finally, the fireworks. Brand New Dream wrapped up this week, with the end of the 35th anniversary celebration. It's replaced by Disney Light the Night.

Here's Brand New Dream:

Disney Light the Night is so new that I don't even see any videos of it yet!

After the fireworks, we'll make the short trip back to the Hotel MiraCosta for our final night at TDR. Before leaving tomorrow though, we'll take a quick look around Ikispari, Tokyo's version of Downtown Disney or Disney Springs.

A very busy few days chasing the granddaughters (60 minutes)along with a very long Saturday visit (5 hours!!) to the Museum of Natural History puts me past my goal!! I’ll end the month with 1100 minutes!!!! :banana:
A sit down dinner sounds like the perfect way to end our visit -Magellan’s looks beautiful. But I think I’d like to try Sakura - after all, we are in Japan!!! Hope they have sushi!

170 minutes since last check in

2195/1860

I might have more to add before the day is over.

Another vote for Sakura.

Love the two night shows. I really need to see Fantasmic in person one day. So far, we've always opted for Star Wars or Jingle Bell Jingle Bam at Hollywood Studios.

@sophy1996 , you have been a wonderful host! Thank you for taking us on this virtual adventure and for keeping up with our progress while we had fun in the parks. I hope you have a fantastic time there on your real life trip!

We didn't really have time for character greetings in Disneyland, so let's check out some characters in DisneySea. Here's a comprehensive guide to the characters, who are found in most of the ports. It looks like there are some characters we don't see too often in the U.S. parks, and even the familiar faces like Mickey and Minnie have cool different outfits!

Too fun!! Chip and Dale are favorites of mine, so I want to see all their outfits. Plus they have the Aristocats - yeah!!!! And the inside Out characters could make for some very creative photos too!

I'm usually not much of a meet & greet person, but here I'll make an exception.

For a nice sit-down dinner (which we deserve after all the stuff we've done at DisneySea!), we have at least four choices:

Magellan's
Ristorante di Canaletto
S.S. Columbia Dining Room
Restaurant Sakura

Here's an article ranking them (this article also discusses another restaurant, Sailing Day Buffet, but that closed permanently last year).

I love maps and globes, so Magellan’s is my vote!

I did 30 minutes on the treadmill today to finish exactly at goal: 500/500.

Thanks so much for hosting!! It's been a really fun "trip"!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!