~Only Disney could make sorting trash fun~ UPDATED 12/23

We stayed in the Martinique section when we stayed at CBR last year!! So close to everything! :thumbsup2 Your window decorations look cute!

Thanks Amy! Yeah, I would definitely request Martinique if we get to stay there again!

Great pictures, that window is so cute. The maid has done our window before never thought about doing it ourselves great job :thumbsup2

Thanks!!:goodvibes I know in my sister's room the maid would put the stuffed animals they bought in funny set-ups each day. That made them smile coming back from the parks. We got towel animals on the first 2 days, but no more after that. :sad2: Maybe that's the only two she knew how to do. :confused:

Your window came out sooooo cute!!! I had bought clings and ended up putting them out for the kids at home so they never made the trip...you did a great job on the posters and cut outs!!!
can't wait to hear more...
:wave2: Connie

Thank you Connie!! I bought the clings during Easter. I wonder if anyone noticed some of the Princesses were holding eggs. :rolleyes1 ;)

Sorry I’ve been MIA! Well, catching up now! OMG! That’s EXACTLY what I told my boyfriend when we first got there…I was like “There’s Barbados…Rihanna’s from there”! LOL! Too funny! Great pics from Downtown Disney!! Brings back memories! You’re making me hungry with those pics from Goofy’s Candy Co. My boyfriend bought a $13 bag filled with candy! LOL! I just bought a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie. Everything looked so good though!

Yay for Martinique! Awww! I love your window display!!

Can’t wait for more great pics!!!

My nephew went crazy for the candy too! :laughing: He filled a bag with a weird assortment of things. I don't know how much it was, but he got it on the first day and it lasted him the entire trip!

Hollywood Studios

After decorating our window, relaxing a bit and then freshening up, we were ready to catch Fantasmic. We knew there would be no show on our HS day, and it was something I really wanted to see again! I also wanted my dad to see it for the first time since he missed it on our last trip.

We left our room at 6:30 to make the 8:30 show. (My niece is an outdoorsy girl, so she enjoyed exploring the plant life of CBR. :hippie:)

IMG_1011.jpg

Here we are at the bus stop.

053.jpg

Okay… I do see the magic in Disney transportation. :wizard: You’ll see that we experienced it all on this trip; buses, boats, MK train, and the monorail. But it seems like the bus’ scrolling marquee ALWAYS says a different park than the one you want to go to. :rolleyes:
Pretty pleeeeaaassseee get more buses Disney!! :flower3:

Sorry. Back to the TR.

IMG_3815.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

Heading down Sunset Blvd. (My second favorite street in the World after Main Street. :))

056.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

Waiting for the show...

IMG_3823.jpg

:smickey: Fantasmic was awesome! Just like I remembered it!

IMG_1032.jpg

080.jpg

081.jpg

Upon exiting we saw Fairfax Fare and decided we’d grab a bite before leaving.

IMG_1028.jpg

I got the Fairfax salad, which was delicious!! (Sorry, I don’t remember what was in it, and what allears.net has doesn’t sound right to me. :confused3 But it was filled with toppings (not a healthy salad by any means) and really good. I would definitely get it again!

IMG_1026.jpg

My mom and dad shared the Chicken and Beef Brisket - served with baked beans and coleslaw. (The brisket was already cut into when I got to the table to take a pic. :rolleyes1)

IMG_1025.jpg

They thought the chicken was dry, but the brisket was tasty. I tried theirs and thought it was pretty good, but I liked mine better. :)

We then headed out, snapping a few pics on the way, and caught a bus back to CBR.

IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1035.jpg

It was a looonnnggg day! But a lot of fun and a great first day in Disney!

IMG_1038.jpg

Next up… Our day at Animal Kingdom

Great pictures! of fantasmic! I had to hold Ashton the entire time we watched it so we have no pics of the show! BUT WE LOVE IT! That is our favorite show!

The room looked great Alicia!! I love all the tropical colors, it so cheery and bright!!! What fun to see Fantasmic! We didn't watch it this time around, I thought it would have been a bit intense for my kiddos, but I know the next trip we will see it for sure!! I LOVE the ending when all the characters are on the boat!! That salad looked sooooo good too!! Your niece is completely adorable!! It's so sweet seeing her checking out leaves:goodvibes Looking forward to more!!!

Great start to the TR! CBR is one of our favorites...hoping for AKL for our next trip but if dh nixes the additional money, then CBR will be it!

Can't wait to read more!:surfweb:

Animal Kingdom

We set the alarm for 7 a.m. and after getting ready and having breakfast bars and cereal in the room we were headed to the bus stop by 8. We only had to wait a little while. Soon we were arriving at Animal Kingdom.

IMG_3829.jpg

Shortly after walking in, the welcome car came around and Mickey, Minnie and Pluto welcomed us!

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

Next we headed straight for the safari (along with a herd of other people), but we were able to walk right on.

IMG_1052.jpg

The ride was much bumpier than I remember, but that could have been because we were in the back two rows.

098.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

108-1.jpg

113.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

There was a little delay on the tour as this guy decided to take a Sunday morning stroll.

IMG_1071.jpg

The gunshots took my nephew by surprise. He hit the deck like he had been raised in the ghetto! :rotfl:

After we helped save the baby elephant from poachers, we looped around the park to Dinoland U.S.A.

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

We met these guys along the way.

IMG_3834.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

130.jpg

My dad went get 3 fast passes for Dinosaur while we stopped in Chester and Hester’s Dino-Rama. My sister and the kids rode Triceratop Spin.

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

After they got off we left and caught the 10:30 showing of Finding Nemo: The Musical. Incredibly talented people in this show! I could see it over and over again.

136.jpg

We were hungry at this point, so we made our way to Flame Tree Barbeque, which I’d been wanting to try.

IMG_1107.jpg

My Barbeque Chicken Salad was really good. I think I would have enjoyed it more had it been room temperature though. When they say chilled offerings… they mean chilled. It was really cold. It’s hard to see the chicken because it was at the bottom, but there was a lot of it.

IMG_1109.jpg

Mom and Dad each got BBQ pulled pork sandwiches with baked beans which they really enjoyed.

IMG_1108.jpg

My sister got the Smoked Turkey Breast Sandwich (no pictures sorry) and she liked hers as well.

The birds/ducks were crazy!! It was a lot like eating at the zoo back home. They were under the table and in and out of our feet the whole meal. The poor little girl beside us would start panicking and standing on her chair every time they came near her. My niece didn’t seem to mind them though. :rolleyes:

IMG_1111.jpg

I didn’t see anyone feeding them, so I’m assuming they're just waiting for little kids to drop stuff. (I still have the cute little Timon and Pumbaa card they give out that says “Do Not Feed the Animals”)

My mom doesn't like animals at all. She said afterwards, “This is our last outdoors meal, right? :laughing:

Up Next… We get to use our Dinosaur fast passes.

Great update! and YOU GUYS ARE SO LUCKY! WHAT A LION SHOT!!!!! :yay:
looks like you guys have a great day started at Animal Kingdom and the ducks were too funny the way they would follow the kids around! weren't they?!?
Flame Tree looked so good...we were suppose to try it but we were so full from breakfast most of the day...and great pictures with the characters...we ran into Louie and Baloo and my camera froze so my pictures are not all that great...I still have to see my mom's pictures I hope she has a good one.

wow! Great pics from animal kingdom...your safari pics are awesome! You got to see the Lion up and alert! so cool! can't wait for more pics!

Wow, I am going to post about your lion picture too - I don't think I have ever seen him up like that - awesome shot!
I love The Flame Tree, but those ducks can get crazy over some dropped BBQ!:laughing:

Gracious! I was behind!

You already know that I am a CBR lover so seeing your pictures got me all excited for our upcoming stay.

Glad to hear that you were able to see Fantasmic. It's such a great show! Your salad looked so yummy. I am a salad lover so I may just have to check that out (as well as the one you got at Flame Tree).

I love love love your safari pics. You got some amazing shots. I had to laugh at your description of the birds at Flame Tree. We've had a few bird "encounters" at Disney too.

Awesome morning at AK Alicia!!! Cool that you got see the opening show. We missed that one on Tuesday when we were there because we were eating at the Donald's Safari Breakfast. I LOVE LOVE Finding Nemo: The Musical too! We sat up pretty close, it was an awesome show, I could see that one multiple times and not get sick of it! (It also doesn't hurt that it's in an air conditioned theater!) Hopefully you got on Dinosaur, it ALWAYS breaks down when I try to ride it, I think I jinx it or something! Hopefully the rain didn't ruin any of your plans!!!

Great pictures! of fantasmic! I had to hold Ashton the entire time we watched it so we have no pics of the show! BUT WE LOVE IT! That is our favorite show!

Definitely a fav! We love it too! :goodvibes

The room looked great Alicia!! I love all the tropical colors, it so cheery and bright!!! What fun to see Fantasmic! We didn't watch it this time around, I thought it would have been a bit intense for my kiddos, but I know the next trip we will see it for sure!! I LOVE the ending when all the characters are on the boat!! That salad looked sooooo good too!! Your niece is completely adorable!! It's so sweet seeing her checking out leaves:goodvibes Looking forward to more!!!

Thanks Beth! The characters on the boat at the end make the show over-the-top amazing!! They should pick a family or two at the end of each show and let them take a picture with all the characters! Wouldn't that be such a magical moment for any Disney fan?! :wizard:

Great start to the TR! CBR is one of our favorites...hoping for AKL for our next trip but if dh nixes the additional money, then CBR will be it!

Can't wait to read more!:surfweb:

Thank you! You can't go wrong with those two resorts! :)

Great update! and YOU GUYS ARE SO LUCKY! WHAT A LION SHOT!!!!! :yay:
looks like you guys have a great day started at Animal Kingdom and the ducks were too funny the way they would follow the kids around! weren't they?!?
Flame Tree looked so good...we were suppose to try it but we were so full from breakfast most of the day...and great pictures with the characters...we ran into Louie and Baloo and my camera froze so my pictures are not all that great...I still have to see my mom's pictures I hope she has a good one.

Thanks Connie! The CM even said when we got around the lions that we were going to get a great shot. You should definitely try Flame Tree on your next trip. It was really good!

wow! Great pics from animal kingdom...your safari pics are awesome! You got to see the Lion up and alert! so cool! can't wait for more pics!

Thanks Keala! It was a great morning on the safari!

Wow, I am going to post about your lion picture too - I don't think I have ever seen him up like that - awesome shot!
I love The Flame Tree, but those ducks can get crazy over some dropped BBQ!:laughing:

The lion was definitely up and about as we were making the loop around his area. He was trying to climb the tree and kept pacing around. Everyone in our truck was ooohhing and ahhhing.
I bet those ducks are the most well fed animals on Disney property!! :laughing:

Gracious! I was behind!

You already know that I am a CBR lover so seeing your pictures got me all excited for our upcoming stay.

Glad to hear that you were able to see Fantasmic. It's such a great show! Your salad looked so yummy. I am a salad lover so I may just have to check that out (as well as the one you got at Flame Tree).

I love love love your safari pics. You got some amazing shots. I had to laugh at your description of the birds at Flame Tree. We've had a few bird "encounters" at Disney too.

Both salads were super yummy! I could go for one right now! I can't wait to see your pics when you get back! :goodvibes

Awesome morning at AK Alicia!!! Cool that you got see the opening show. We missed that one on Tuesday when we were there because we were eating at the Donald's Safari Breakfast. I LOVE LOVE Finding Nemo: The Musical too! We sat up pretty close, it was an awesome show, I could see that one multiple times and not get sick of it! (It also doesn't hurt that it's in an air conditioned theater!) Hopefully you got on Dinosaur, it ALWAYS breaks down when I try to ride it, I think I jinx it or something! Hopefully the rain didn't ruin any of your plans!!!

It was our first opening show at AK and I thought it was really cute! Mickey and Minnie get out a list and discuss what things park goers will need for their adventure that day (a camera, sunblock, etc.).
Finding Nemo was ALL I talked about after our last trip! This second time seeing it I was able to focus more on the details and I think I love it even more now! :goodvibes

Animal Kingdom

It was then back to Dinosaur for my mom, dad and I. I LOVE that ride! It’s right up my alley; the perfect amount of excitement and thrill.

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

My sister and the kids got photos and autographs from these guys while waiting.

138.jpg

140.jpg

After getting off Dinosaur we met them in Chester and Hester’s Dinosaur Treasures to do some shopping. My favorite store in Animal Kingdom for sure! It’s so cool in there! It would be a little boy’s dream bedroom or playroom; toy dinosaurs everywhere and a little train that goes around. (I don’t have any pics of the store because I was to busy videoing, but Rylan definitely enjoyed playing with Mr. Potato Head.)

IMG_3845.jpg

Next we went see “It’s Tough to be a Bug.”

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

146.jpg

Rylan was being goofy in line. She was so happy with her sucker and was dancing all around.

IMG_1125.jpg

145.jpg

Things didn’t get off to that great of a start once we got inside the tree. They try to squinch so many people in there and when the doors open everyone pushes to get squeezed in. I was holding my niece (there was no way she could have walked.) We got cut off from our party and when we tried to make it to the row my family was in, other people jumped in front of us and filled that row up. We tried to make it in back of them, but the rows just kept filling up almost instantly. I felt my dad’s hand on my back at some point and he pulled us into the second to last row. We sat down and when I handed my niece to my dad I realized I didn’t have my camera in my hands anymore. I thought maybe I had dropped it and not even noticed being pushed this way and that, so I texted my mom several times to see if maybe she had it. So the first half the show I was completely consumed with finding out what happened to my camera. That’s when the water sprayed us… :eek:

Rylan started crying…not a loud cry… but a “I’m scared for my life” cry. :sad1: Poor thing. I tried to comfort her. She put her hands out, jumped in my lap and proceeded to curl up in a little ball. From that point on it was all about shielding her from any other “effects.” There was no consoling her though; she was terrified.

She calmed down when the butterflies came on and closed the show. Thank goodness she didn’t feel the bugs leaving while on my lap!! :scared1:

As we got up and left I asked her if she wanted to tell the bugs bye. With her cute little tear stained face she waved and said “bye bugs.” She was fine 5 seconds later and when we were out in the sunlight. :cutie:

It was crowded again while exiting, but we all met up by the stroller pick-up and the first thing I noticied was my mom holding my camera! :worship: Apparently I had handed it to her before I picked up my niece. :rolleyes:

IMG_1123.jpg

Up Next… Fossil Fun games and more

been enjoying all your photos,:cool1: love the crocodiles, and the lion standing up is very cool, any time i've been on he's been chillaxing!

shame you didn't get to enjoy its tough to be a bug, rylan looked so happy before she went in but i've read in a few reports little ones don't seem to like this show, glad your camera didn't turn up missing! that feeling in your stomach when you realsie the camera is gone :scared1:

been enjoying all your photos,:cool1: love the crocodiles, and the lion standing up is very cool, any time i've been on he's been chillaxing!

shame you didn't get to enjoy its tough to be a bug, rylan looked so happy before she went in but i've read in a few reports little ones don't seem to like this show, glad your camera didn't turn up missing! that feeling in your stomach when you realsie the camera is gone :scared1:

Thanks! I got a chance to read you PTR today. The things you have planned to see and do sound fabulous! I'll be reading along on a more regular basis now that I'm caught up.

Yeah, I've always thought It's tough to be a bug was really cute, but I guess from a kids perspective it is pretty scary. :eek:

Getting the camera back was pure relief for sure! :)

Animal Kingdom

My dad and I ran to get 4 FP’s for Everest while the others went to play in the Dinoland Boneyard (a favorite of my nephew). My niece also got her caricature drawn in DinoLand U.S.A. Such a great souvenir! My sister has gotten one done for each of the kid's first trips.

When we met back up we shared two pretzels while sitting on a bench and watching my nephew play.

IMG_3850.jpg

My dad made a new friend.

IMG_3853.jpg

We then made our way back into the Fossil Fun Games section.

150.jpg

No one really cared to ride Primeval Whirl, but my dad wanted to take Rylan on TriceraTop Spin. Meanwhile, while they were in line for that, my nephew wanted to give the carnival games a try. (His birthday money really came in handy in here!) This was definitely a magical moment for me. :wizard: He won two stuffed animals throwing the basketball in the hoop!! :banana::banana:

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

His first attempt he got three shots for a $5 ticket and made the last one. He was really excited and after playing some other games came back to give it another try. He got a $2.50 ticket for 1 ball this time. He made a terrible shot and the lady told him to go ahead and try again. This time the ball slipped from his hands before he got got a chance to shoot it. A stickler for the rules anywhere else would have surely told him that counted as a shot, but this was Disney. :) She let him have another ball and he made this one!! :yay: (My mom thinks she wanted him to win the second time to lure other people to the game, since he had already won once and she knew he could shoot. I just think it was a sweet CM who knew winning meant a lot to him and was spreading some magic. Then there is a third possibility. She thought he gave her a $5 ticket and not just a $2.50 one. :rolleyes1 I choose to believe it was Disney magic. :wizard:

IMG_3856.jpg

My dad and niece waited 20 minutes in line for TriceraTop Spin only to have the ride breakdown as soon as they got on. :(

But all was well as we were off to Camp Minnie-Mickey. ::MinnieMo::MickeyMo

IMG_3882.jpg

IMG_3883.jpg

We had some fun along the way.

IMG_3864.jpg

154.jpg

156.jpg

We still had an hour before FOTLK, so it was the perfect opportunity to meet some characters.

We got to see Donald, Minnie and Thumper! (We decided to wait and see Mickey another time because he had kind of a long line, and the kids had already met Goofy earlier.

160.jpg

IMG_3890.jpg

IMG_3892.jpg

IMG_3894.jpg

168.jpg

IMG_3898.jpg

What the following picture shows occurred often. As soon as the characters signed her autograph book, Rylan would try to write in the book too!

170.jpg

So her book has a lot of scribble scratch over the characters signatures. :rolleyes: (That’s gonna be fun to pull out when she gets older and show off her handi-work.) By the third or fourth day my sister just bought her a little book to write all over in. So now she has her own book full of “her autograph.” :rotfl:

Being silly

162.jpg

Then it was time for FOTLK! We were seated in the lion section. First time being a lion! Only us Disney nuts get happy over things like that. haha!

179.jpg

191.jpg

It was wonderful as always! We sang along and everyone enjoyed the show thoroughly. Every time I go it's different performers, so it really feels different each time. My mom says it’s her favorite show!

Disney can be tiring. :faint:

158.jpg

IMG_3899.jpg

We then headed across the park and caught the Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle parade just as it was about to start heading back behind the gates. I’d love to say it was planned perfectly, cause it really felt that way, but it was total luck! We thought we had missed it because it started the same time as FOTLK, but we lucked out and got to see both!! :yay:

195.jpg

197.jpg

199.jpg

205.jpg

207.jpg

IMG_3903.jpg

IMG_3909.jpg

IMG_3911.jpg

IMG_3913.jpg

This parade is so unique and colorful! I love it! I got some great video of Pluto shaking my nephew’s hand!

Next up…we get a look at Animal Kingdom Lodge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter