only???13 more sails till sept 14 wonder??

Wow Steve & Coleen.....my thoughts exactly the same as Gail's...I wouldn't want to mess with him!! Unless, of course, I were back in college!;) Congrats on such a great looking guy, and accomplished, too!

I guess we're ready to go. All packed. The bride leaves in the morning...thank goodness...she was calling me every 15 minutes!
We leave Saturday a.m. Our co-ed softball season starts Friday night. Jay and our cruising friends, Ruthie and Phil are going....I'm not. My luck I'd break a leg or something. I have to give my niece a tour of the land anyway. She's never been here. Sooo....a little touch-up cleaning tomorrow, go to airport to pick up Niece, chase the grand-puppy around, hit the hay early, and then we are ON OUR WAY!!!

I am still so NOT believing that it is finally here. After all the hectic weeks, I hope I can sit back, relax and enjoy. Sit and relax are generally not in my vocabulary. Just might have to have a "forced" relaxation, i.e. a long, cold, tall one. (Drink!)

Picked up the tuxes for my dad and Jared tonight...he (Jared) looked so cute! I teased him that the shiny black shoes are "Mary Janes". I guess it really is real.

Susan...you need a little reflextion time, don't you?? (That's what I call my R&R)
For the ceremony at Castaway Cay, the bring over (by boat) the Administrator of the Bahamas from Abaco to perform the ceremony. The Capt. can't do it while docked, as they will be legally married in the Commonwealth of the Bahamas, and the Capt has no jurisdiction. The marriage application from the Bahamas was funny. For Megan's marital status, it had "Divorced" "Widowed" or "Spinster". Even though she's not quite 22, we checked Spinster!
If we can't dock at CC, the wedding will be held in the Cadillac Lounge, and performed by the Captain while we are sailing. It's actually pretty interesting. One thing that I have no idea what it may look like, is the cake. I can't wait to see if it really does look like a wedding cake. I hope it's really special and pretty.
Heading for bed before this turns into another one of my "books". Besides, it's like Christmas Eve, waiting for Santa...the sooner I go to bed, the sooner the fun will begin. This will be especially true Saturday night. It'll be tough being in Forida, and not being on the ship or at the parks...good thing we get in fairly late.
Off I go! Cheer for the football team....and our softball team!!
Stacey

divorced, widowed, or spinster???? hmm...interesting at best.

Stacey, if I were you, I would pack, then drink heavily. I sure would be broken out in hives for AT LEAST 3 months, too. Just think, you can crash after the whole thing and get back to normal...whatever THAT is!

Looks like Isabel is tracking north, hopefully we should be OK!

Wash is done, packing has commenced...

gail

fluffing . matching cloths and still shopping its friday for crying out loud!!
ok let me get this rite
dis meet...
deck 9 on port side look for sign?
if inside where to meet?
after today i have no putter so i have to get this down!:o

Huckster, the meet at the sail away party is on Deck 10 starboard side. Note: that the starboard side will be facing the terminal. Left=Port Right=Starboard (the left/right is if you were standing on the ship facing towards the front)

If it's raining, I don't know where they hold the party, but we could go towards that direction and look for Stacey's sign - she did say it was neon green - couldn't be to hard to miss!!!!

See you Sunday!

Gail

Safe travel and many blessings to all.
Stacey, take a long slow breath and know that all of us are with you in spirit as the next 48 hours unfold. Here's to the bride and groom and the incredible memories this trip will create!

See you all on Sunday. YeAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Susan

Everyone have safe flights and we'll see you all on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye till then!!!

John and Gail

Had to get my two cents in! Everyone have a great trip to the port and we will see you there!:jester:

Mike and Rose:Pinkbounc

On my way to the airport to pick up my niece, the house/dog sitter. Everything is all done, so I should be able to breathe now!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Thank you all for all of your best wishes, and a safe trip to port!

I'll be there with bells on! (Figure of speech) :p

See you in sunny Florida!

Stacey

Packing is done...of course we have WAY TOO much stuff...where are we going to fit souveniors???

Pizza tonight then it's off tomorrow!!!!!

Bye everyone!!!!

guess I will be one of the few hanging around tonight. Guess it is one of the downsides of living fairly close to the port, you don't get to leave as early. Started packing today, my husband is going to have a fit. No excuse of its the kids stuff, or a wedding either. Oh well, your supposed to overpack for your first cruise, right?????

See you Sunday

Carol

GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS....just had a call from DCL wedding co-ordinator. The good news is that no one will miss Castaway Cay...we sail as usual Sunday, but will go to CC on Monday. Bad news..the wedding is Monday, so our dates are wrong (no biggie) but it will give us a little less time to prepare. They wanted (DCL) to do CC first because so many people look forward to it, and also the weddings.
They don't know yet if we will make it to Nassau or go somewhere else. All excursions for the normal ports would not change unless the seas are too rough to go out in a boat or snorkel.
They don't know if we'll go to Nassa Tues, or day at sea then Nassau..all that is to be determined. But they are definitely going to CC!!! The bride will be happy. And alot of the rest of us too!
Stacey

Stacey - great news about Castaway Cay. Glad to hear it. I'm still furiously finishing up work, but will leave at 5pm sharp tonight. Taking off for Orlando tomorrow...whoo-hoo!

Wishing everyone a safe and enjoyable trip!

jill

Stacey:

Thanks for the news, I'm glad they'll try to get in Castaway Cay, who cares if we don't make Nassau! Yippee!

yippee! Don't sweat the date thing...

Gail

Just popping in to wish you all Bon Voyage! May you have a WONDERful cruise no matter where you go. I was reading a few posts - Stacey I can assure you the wedding cakes are beautiful. We were on a May 7-day cruise which had 4 weddings on board and while taking the galley tour the pasty chef was putting the finishing touches on a wedding cake - very pretty.

So safe travels everyone - enjoy your cruise!

Okay this will most likely be my last post so whoever is last ones out of here, leave the light on so we can find it when we get home .

Glad to hear the news about CC. WONDER where we will go after that maybe KEY WEST?

Everyone travel safe and we will see you on Sunday

Steve

Working tonight at the FD, glad to see that we are hitting the island. Atleast know the wedding can go on. Hope everyone has safe travel and we will see on the ship:bounce: :bounce:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter