Online check in??

amystevekai&bump

DIS Veteran
Hi - Can you check in on-line with Virgin the day before the flight home from Florida??

If so, has anyone done this? (I vaguely think I remember reading someone doing so from the Hard Rock Hotel, which is what I would be looking to do) - Did you then just take your luggage to the airport? And if so, how long before the flight did you get there??

Many thanks for any info:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 (For the last few times we have done DTD check in, but as we will be at UO without a car, this would seem the easiest option if it is possible.)

We did this in September. Checked in online at SSR (we had taken our laptop) and then took the luggage to MCO rather than DTD.

I can't remember how long before the flight we got there - I think it will tell you the minimum time when you check in. Bag drop was very easy - there was no one before us so we just answered the questions and off loaded the bags. I think that the majority of people either check in at the airport or DTD so the bag drop desk is usually empty.

I think the minimum time if you have done OLCI is 1 hour before departure but I would be inclined to get there about two hours before.

Just in case you were wondering - you don't have to print off your boarding passes, you can collect them at the airport.

We had a very helpful CM on the Concierge desk at OKW who checked in online for us, and printed our boarding passes. This was for VA out of MIA. Saved us some time at the airport as there was a shorter line at bag drop.

The facility is available provided you have internet access. We usually just check in at Downtown Disney as we like to get shot of the cases. Lines at DD have been minimal, one/two families in front of us, then we just go off to EoS for breakfast then head back to UO for the rest of the day. Very relaxing day.

One thing to remember though is that some car hire companies require you to have the car back at a certain time, which is usually the time you picked it up. I don't know if there is a grace period before they would charge you an extra day or not because the whole point of checking in online or at DD is to make a longer last day but this can be thwarted by the car hire companies if you have to get your car back.

thank you everyone!! - I'm really glad its an option as I hate spending any longer than I have to at the airport!!! - so many thanks!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter