One trip in February is just not enough! *Finished 5/7

I just checked out your TR after seeing you post on my TR. :lmao:

It was funny how you watched Disney sing alongs as a kid. My DD watches one every night before she goes to bed. She's been watching the beach party one all week! My DW & I pick out all the things that annoy us on the MK one. Like the guy with the big harry chest hanging out!LOL:goodvibes

Great report!!!!!!!

Good update! I like the picture of you mom and nana! Next time you should get a three generation picture by having your server take it! Those are really great pics! I am sad to hear that your last day is here!:eek:

I just checked out your TR after seeing you post on my TR. :lmao:

It was funny how you watched Disney sing alongs as a kid. My DD watches one every night before she goes to bed. She's been watching the beach party one all week! My DW & I pick out all the things that annoy us on the MK one. Like the guy with the big harry chest hanging out!LOL:goodvibes

Great report!!!!!!!

Thanks! I'm not familiar with that sing-a-long, but I know when I have kids, I'll have the whole collection :lmao: And I'd get them when the kids were just born and make them watch them with me as infants :rolleyes1 Hey! Mommy knows the words better than the kids :angel:

Good update! I like the picture of you mom and nana! Next time you should get a three generation picture by having your server take it! Those are really great pics! I am sad to hear that your last day is here!:eek:

Thanks! And don't worry, I still have my mini birthday trip! And it was jam packed!

My flight out was at 1ish, so I still had some time in the morning to squeeze in some Disney! :yay:

My Grandparents and I headed over to Kona for breakfast around 9. We had called for ADRs, but honestly? We really didn't need them.

DisneyTrip09_280.jpg

I of course got me some Tonga Toast :cloud9: Love this!!

DisneyTrip09_279.jpg

They made my Grandfather's bacon extra crisp, so he was happy. Which meant everyone was happy :goodvibes

After breakfast we still had some time to kill, so we explored the Poly. My GP's love the Poly, it's their favorite resort. When they first started coming to WDW way back when, they'd stay at the Poly. They can't get over the prices now! So we took a trip down memory lane...and they told me how some buildings weren't there when they were, etc. It was a nice time...and a gorgeous morning! Here are some photos I took:

DisneyTrip09_281.jpg

DisneyTrip09_282.jpg

DisneyTrip09_283.jpg

DisneyTrip09_284.jpg

DisneyTrip09_285.jpg

DisneyTrip09_286.jpg

After our stroll we headed to the airport I flew back home :sad1:

BUT! I'd be back in just 2 weeks
:woohoo:

The best thing about leaving from the last trip was knowing I'd be back in 2 weeks. I wish I could do that every time! :lmao:

My birthday is 2/28, so my boyfriend and I took off that Thursday & Friday and flew in for the long weekend.

After getting in bright and early Thursday morning (ughhhhh, love the non-stop flights, but really, must they leave so early?) My Mom picked us up from the airport and we spent the day lounging by the pool :cloud9: and playing board games. Hey, we were happy that it was warm and we weren't shoveling snow :goodvibes so what if we're boring?!:rotfl:

So these pictures are from Christmas, but you can see my parent's pool area and backyard area. It was nice to be outside and relax :thumbsup2

Christmas020.jpg

Christmas024.jpg

Christmas025.jpg

See any 'gators? They have bobcats that like to hang out back there! :scared: My mom thought the baby was cute. Of course, they don't have any pets or small children to worry about :rolleyes:

It was a real lazy day, which was nice!

Friday, we had big plans. ::yes:: We were heading over to the Strawberry Festival and had tickets to Kellie Pickler. Ooooooooo. I know, I lead a thrilling life, don't try to keep up, ok?

That morning was so warm that at 9am we were both in the pool :woohoo: After lunch we took a spin around my parent's community in the golf cart, because when in Rome... And when my Dad got home from work (early, we had big plans, remember! :idea: ) We headed over for the Strawberry Festival in Plant City.

The Strawberry Festival is like a standard summertime County fair if you ask me. But with tasty strawberries! We made our own Strawberry Shortcakes and wore stickers on our sweatshirts the rest of the weekend :goodvibes

We checked out the other entertainment
BirthdayTrip09287.jpg

They weren't bad. Oh, and we got funnel cake too mmmmmmmmmm

Eventually it was time for the Kellie Pickler concert and we headed over to the grandstands. We're all country fans, and I had bought her first CD, but we weren't huge fans. The tickets were cheap and we thought it'd be fun to be outside on a Friday night when usually we're watching the snow fall. :thumbsup2

I took some bad pictures while waiting, and since I'm lacking in the picture department for this installment, I'll post for your amusement...

BirthdayTrip09288.jpg

BirthdayTrip09290.jpg

BirthdayTrip09291.jpg

BirthdayTrip09289.jpg

The show started and we had a blast. As I said, not huge Kellie Pickler fans, but we really enjoyed it. Here's some pictures that my bf took:

DisneyWinter09002Large.jpg

DisneyWinter09001Large.jpg

If you look closely you can see there's some lights and someone's up there! Concert lasted just long enough and we were back home around 10. Good because we had to be up early tomorrow! It was my birthday and I was off to see the Mouse! :yay:

I'm too excited to sleep!

Next: Epcot

Beautiful back yard! I don't think you're boring. I love strawberries and really like Kellie Pickler, so I would have immensely enjoyed the weekend.:thumbsup2 I don't like board games though.;)

I just found your report and am catching up. Your pictures are great! Thanks for sharing!

New report time!!! :cool1:

:woohoo:

Beautiful back yard! I don't think you're boring. I love strawberries and really like Kellie Pickler, so I would have immensely enjoyed the weekend.:thumbsup2 I don't like board games though.;)

I think I drive my boyfriend nuts with the games. I love them, and if I'm bored I let out with "let's play a game!"

I just found your report and am catching up. Your pictures are great! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks! Thanks for joining us :)

It was up "early" this morning to head to Epcot. It was my birthday, I wanted Fastpasses (which I keep meaning to take a picture of...) and I wanted to GO GO GO! My boyfriend? Not nearly as excited. He was kind of excited, don't get me wrong, but I was entertaining myself as he dilly dallyed around getting ready.

Oh well. He was ready before I wanted to leave anyway :laughing: My Mom insisted taking pictures before we went (it was like prom princess: :groom:) and we made him put on his ears. He wasn't too keen on the ears...

london001.jpg

My younger brother is in England, so we borrowed his sweet car for the day:
london002.jpg

london003.jpg

And we were off! :car: First stop: Walgreens :sick: I had a cold :sad2: and I needed medicine so I wasn't sniffling all day!

Ok...for real now! We were off! :drive: To Epcot!

We still got to Epcot shortly after they opened to the general public. It was an EMH day, I know, bad DISer, but I had one day, and I wanted Epcot, so whatever, k? We still got an awesome parking spot, first row anyone? So we walked up to buy his ticket and to get my birthday button. Now you see, I had my heart set on going to Disney for my birthday this year, this was before Disney announced their promotion. I really wanted a button. Pretty sad, I know, but I'm easy to please. I'll probably also plan my wedding around off season at Disney so I can get anniversary buttons one year :rolleyes1

Now, I had decided before we left that I wanted the fastpasses. I didn't really need the giftcard (I would have taken it if I could use it for food!) because I have a lot of Disney stuff and I didn't need $75 more :angel: Plus we only had carry-ons and I was determined to keep it that way. We were flying Jet Blue, so not a big deal if we had to check, but I like not waiting for my bag :goodvibes And the one day pass...well, as you see, I'm not planning on going back, so I didn't really need that. And if I do wind up going back before August, I have my AP. PLUS, we only had one day, we picked an EMH park and it was a Saturday on ESPN weekend...the FPs would come in handy!

He went off for his ticket and I was under the impression I had to go to guest services for the birthday stuff. No...you have to go to the ticket booth all the way down on the left. And you need everyone in your party with you if you chose the fastpasses so that they can attach it to a ticket. Oh. So I had to try and find him...and he was allllllll the way down on the other end. And not answering his cell. And a line was starting to build. And she was already half way through the transaction and couldn't cancel. Drat. And double drat. So I quick ran down and he's strolling and trying to find me, I quick wave him down and we high-tail it back. Phew. Done and done. I have my buttonS! YES! I GOT TWO! A Birthday one and a Celebrating one. I was so excited. And she gave him a Celebrate one too :dance3:

So after that debacle, we headed into the park. I of course was jumping up and down with excitement, he was looking at me like I was crazy. Grabbed a times guide and off we went...to a photopass photographer :thumbsup2

BirthdayTrip09293.jpg

BirthdayTrip09292.jpg

I made the executive decision to come back to Spaceship Earth on our way out. You see, if you hit it in the morning, there's always a line because it's the first thing everyone sees. If you come back, never a line. :woohoo:

We decided to do Soarin' first. I used my Birthday fastpass and got an instant FP. And used our regular tickets to get one for later. Ohhhhh this was going to be a good day! So we got in line and waited just a bit. Long enough to take these:

BirthdayTrip09294.jpg

(Notice the button?!) Ok...I don't know why those dang buttons make me so excited...but they do.

I love this picture:
BirthdayTrip09295.jpg

It's blurry as all heck, but you can tell how excited I am and how blaze he is. It cracks me up.

I decided the best way to get him pepped up was to get some caffeine in him...so it was off to Club Cool :rolleyes1

He tried the Beverly, but had a really lame reaction, so I didn't take a picture. It was funny though, I mean, everyone tries to trick their traveling companions into trying it, but I didn't need to. I just poured some and then said, here, try this. And he took it and tryed it. Made a bit of a frown and a shrug and that was it. It was all rather anti-climatic. I was a little disappointed. :rolleyes:

Leaving though, guess what I got him to put on!!! :yay:

BirthdayTrip09296.jpg

Next up: Test Track...oh boy, it's only about 10:30!!!

Just got done reading both your food and trip reports and I must say they are great! Keep up the good work...on a side note you have a great eye for photography! Is photography just a hobby for you or? What type of camera do you have?

It's nice to see your vacation from the trip report perspective since I've already read the dining report. Great update, keep it comin!:yay:

For a minute I thought your mom lived in the same neighborhood we did during our year in central Florida. Although the houses are very similar looking, I noticed the roofs are different, as well as the sidewalks.:)

Just got done reading both your food and trip reports and I must say they are great! Keep up the good work...on a side note you have a great eye for photography! Is photography just a hobby for you or? What type of camera do you have?

Thanks! It's totally a hobby, if that :goodvibes I took a photography class way back in my Freshman year in HS, so I have that knowledge hiding somewhere in my brain, but that's the extent. I just use a point & shoot camera, Kodak M1033, I think. (Of course Kodak so I support my local economy :thumbsup2) I just like taking pictures when I go on vacation or see something pretty ::yes::

It's nice to see your vacation from the trip report perspective since I've already read the dining report. Great update, keep it comin!:yay:

Thanks! I'll have a lot of updates during this short trip because we packed so much into that day! :rotfl:

For a minute I thought your mom lived in the same neighborhood we did during our year in central Florida. Although the houses are very similar looking, I noticed the roofs are different, as well as the sidewalks.:)

They live south of Orlando & in a 55+ community. They bought the place 10 days after my Dad turned 55 and my Mom is younger than my Dad. I tease her that they did it so she'd be the youngest one in the neighborhood :rotfl2:

Ok, I'm doing some serious stalling because I don't want this to end! :sad1:

After getting some caffiene and getting our ears on...we meant business now. :earsboy: :earsgirl:

We headed over to Mission Space and Test Track. Honestly, the birthday fastpasses we awesome. We didn't have to wait for any ride! :woohoo: It was funny, we were in the FP line for Mission Space and the CM was directing people, etc. The people in front of us were doing the less intense version and these people come through the regular line and she asks them to pause just for a moment. She collects the FP, sees that we're doing the different version and lets the other line go. Meanwhile the woman in the regular line is pitching a fit to the guy with her, "she just made me stop! For no reason! Let those people go!" I wanted to giggle, but I think she could have beat me up, so I waited until she passed. :rotfl:

I amused myself while that was going on:
BirthdayTrip09300.jpg

And on Test Track:
BirthdayTrip09298.jpg

Remember how my boyfriend didn't have a favorite ride? He loved Mission Space. It's his favorite. :thumbsup2

Check! Ok...those were done, what next? Hmmm, these extra Soarin' FP are burning a hole in my pocket...
We went back over and did Soarin & Living with the Land. We had to be educational. Only problem is that we were getting hungry by now. Our plan was to eat at Morocco (well, that was my plan, he didn't really care...) Oh what to do!! I really wanted to try the Tangerine Cafe, because I knew he'd like it, and that way if I didn't, we weren't totally wasting food. This was my opportunity! Drat... :idea: We split a chocolate croissant between Soarin & Living with the Land. It was perfect! A nice late-morning snack!

Next it was over to Journey into Imagination with Figment (my favorite!) and Nemo! I wanted Figment to be our last ride, so we checked out Nemo. Over a half hour wait...we don't have kids. Totally not worth it. So we went in and did Turtle Talk instead (what?) I love Turtle Talk. He enjoyed it. Thinks I'm a little weird. I told him he's not allowed to tell me how it works, I knew he'd know, so I told him before even getting to Epcot that he wasn't allowed to tell me. He still hasn't :snooty:

Then it was over to Figment :yay: I was a nice girlfriend and told him when to hold his nose :goodvibes Coming out I saw a Figment plush that I hemmed and hawed over. :figment: Eventually decided not to get it.

By now we were starving. Kind of the point since we had a late dinner, so we hightailed it over to Morocco. Oh wait...how about some pictures along the way? So maybe we didn't hightail it...

BirthdayTrip09301.jpg

BirthdayTrip09302.jpg

DisneyWinter09004Large.jpg

Throughout the day the two of us kept getting asked to take other people's pictures. It was kind of funny, I'd never been asked that many times before! Apparently we look friendly :confused3 It worked in our favor though, because people were offering to take ours as well!

Lunch time! He loves Shwarma, so we split a platter. I'd never tried it before, so I figured this was my opportunity, and if I didn't like it, I could walk down to Germany to get a Brat! With Sauerkraut! Yummmmm :love: But I liked it, so that wasn't necessary. And it was plenty of food for the two of us!

BirthdayTrip09304.jpg

BirthdayTrip09305.jpg

BirthdayTrip09306.jpg

We sat outside, ate, and soaked up the day for a bit.

Then it was time to get moving!

Yeah!! I'm the first one to respond!! :woohoo: That might mean I'm spending too much time on here??:confused3 Oh well!

Great updatae. Can you believe I've been to WDW several times and have never seen Figment???:confused: Since I've been on the boards, I've seen the error of my ways and will be doing that first thing in Epcot in November.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter