One Happy Dog Family Lands it for Halloween -- 12/29 final post and MVMCP link!!!

WOOT!! My priorities are in line with yours LOL Somehow I have managed to order a Vera this week too LOL!!!!!

Well I'm sure by Friday you'll have it all together and ready to go!!!:thumbsup2

No worries! You're an old pro at this, you'll be ready and your trip will be fabulous :goodvibes

Yay for a new Vera! Shoes & bags are the most important piece of any trip right? ;)

I wanted to get on here and make sure I wish you a super magical trip to Disneyland and California!!! Have a wonderful time over there on the West Coast!

Not to mention...

Happy Halloween!!!

I would also like to know which Vera pattern and style you bought! :goodvibes

Have a fab trip. Your reveal plans sound great. You'll be their by now and wondering what the stress was for, all the organising chaos is out of the way and you are on your Halloween vacation having a blast :goodvibes

Look forward to hearing all about it and seeing pics of DL :)

Sorry I missed your send off and I do hope you got the necessities together! The pictures of Scotland are just BREATHTAKING! Can't wait to hear all about your Halloween California Adventure!popcorn::

Hey guys!!! :wave2:

Well, we had our whirlwind Disneyland trip and are now relaxing here in San Diego, amid the palm trees and 80+ weather.... so nice. I am going to feel so guilty going back to work next week with a tan!!! :rotfl: Okay, guilty for a minute. :laughing:

Anyhow, I have my camera cord, and am ready to load some pre-trip pics into photobucket! I will do that tomorrow, and then we are going to La Jolla. Beach time! :woohoo:

Looking forward to catching up (I am making the rounds!) That three hour time zone difference is certainly creating havoc with my system, but I am trying to stick to some regular sleeping patterns.

Disneyland was SO much FUN! I can't wait to share it with you. That part of the trip may have to wait until I get back, but I will at least catch us up for those final few days!!! ;)

:yay: happy to hear you are having a great time!!!! Don't feel guilty about that tan at all ;) Sad to say but you will be missing that sunshine and warm weather when you head back East :sad1:
I am sooooo excited to see your pictures of the HM and Jack!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Continue having a great time...and take another week :laughing:

Tracy

Thanks for checking in HD, glad to hear you're having a great time! Can't wait to hear all about it!

So glad you checked in and happy to know you are having a great time! Looking forward to hearing all about it. Soak up that sunshine!! :)

Well, since I didn't get to update during my final hours before our trip, I thought I would post that update NOW, with a little hint at what will come! Because I likely wont get to start this TR until the following weekend!!!! We are here in sunny San Diego where they are experiencing a heat wave.. it reached 100 here, apparently, at the airport!! :eek: We were hanging at the beach yesterday so it didn't feel nearly as hot as that, but the weather has been FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC. :yay:

We have been pool side and resort hanging the whole time since we got here, with jaunts to a few places along the way, but really, we have not been doing too much. It is so beautiful where we are staying, that it is hard to want to leave the property!!!

Anyhow, I am going to go back in time a little to FRIDAY a week ago!

So on Friday, I took the day off (I had been really dealing with a cold and awful cough -- like laryngitis cough -- for a week. I was a wreck. SO I wasn't going to ruin my vacation, and since we had to leave early anyhow, I had a sick day to try and rest some before we left. I dropped my DH and the kids at school and work, then headed to Target to grab some supplies, and then back to the house to pack.

We told the kids we were going to Disney that morning. Do you remember the cereal boxes?? Well... we put them on the table, each got one, each opened them and of course totally bypassed the "note" for all the goodies inside! :laughing: DS8 quickly read the note after I asked him to, and then the moment dawned and they were both very very excited!

Here is the aftermath on the table that morning...

CopyofDisney632.jpg

CopyofDisney634.jpg

included in the box was the stash of Disney candy, movies, the DVD set for the Clone Wars series 2, a TRON book, and a few other fun items.

I think I also mentioned that I had purchased a new Vera for the trip... here is that! It is the paprika pattern, the tote. It was really handy this trip!

CopyofDisney629.jpg

With the car packed, my next stop was my pedicure and manicure, before I headed over to get my DH (who has 7th period prep for school) and then we went to our kids school, where they have an annual Halloween parade outside followed by halloween parties. It was great fun. Here are a few photos of the "Fetts" :laughing:

CopyofDisney648.jpg

CopyofDisney661.jpg

CopyofDisney660.jpg

CopyofDisney676.jpg

CopyofDisney669.jpg

CopyofDisney680.jpg

We left the parties and scooted to the airport, I stripped the guys out of their costumes and stuffed them in our luggage -- they had their school clothes under their costumes at least, so that was easy, but funny!!! :laughing: We checked in, got on the plane, and away we went! :faint:

We were delayed a little, but arrived in LA sometime after 8:00pm. With bags and all collected we then got the rental car, and drove to Disney!!!

Alas, I didn't take a picture of much on our way in, it was after midnight according to our body clocks, by the time we actually pulled in, checked in and headed to our room... I hadn't really gotten the lay of the land yet. BUT
I did get a few photos of the room for you then quickly got the beds done up for the boys and put them to bed! I am sure you notice DS5 buried with the luggage on the bed, face down, Sambas hanging over the edge of the bed!!! :rotfl:

The room was really nice. Though I have to say for such a whirlwind trip, I really was just trying to get every minute in, I didn't take as many pics as I would have liked, but I took more resort photos later. These are the room photos from the first night... here it is.

Disney847.jpg

Disney848.jpg

Disney849.jpg

Disney851.jpg

Disney852.jpg

Disney853.jpg

SO to bed we went, no dinner (all too tired). BUT I had bought a box of donut holes before we left, so I knew that with the bananas and OJ boxes I had carted from MD, would get us through the morning!!! ;) with COFFEE of course!

We were off to California Adventure in the morning! :thumbsup2

CopyofDisney682.jpg

Thanks for the preview-update! Can't wait to hear more! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Look at you!
Already started....
I'm so excited, I feel like I'm right there with you!!!:banana:

Your porch looks so festive, I love it!

What a fun way to surprise the boys, you are so clever

Halloween costumes are ridiculously expensive aren't they? At least in taking them to DL with you, you'll get more than one day's use out of them. I'm kinda sad about Halloween this year, Jared told me that he doesn't want to dress up, he's decided he's too old for it. :sad2: He just turned 10! I guess having an older brother pushed him to that decision a little earlier than I would have liked.

Awww! Not wanting to dress up??!! ack! Well Grif and Nol both decided to be the "Fetts" so that worked for us, and yes they got their wear out of them. BUT can I tell you, the costumes are completely unwearable now. At least ONE is. More on that later, but I have decided to take them apart and make my own and use all the cool foam pieces. But expensive and cheaply made. Awful.

Thanks!!! I love my porch too. I love decorating for fall and christmas!!!!

Awe, that is sad! I'm lucky that my kids are so young and I have many years of Halloween fun ahead of me. It will be my babies first halloween and he'll be the cutest monkey ever! My oldest is going to be a fairy, while her cousins want to be something completely opposite of "cute"! A dead bride and a dead prom queen. :lmao: They'll all look so great trick-or-treating this year.

Happydog:::: I agree your porch looks really great, and I love your idea on surprising your kids. I saw those cereal packages at Target the other day and was tempted to buy some myself.

Hey! I love those costume ideas!!! :laughing:

Thanks on the decor and thanks on the surprise. It was fun! :goodvibes

So glad the boys enjoyed their Star Wars package!!! :goodvibes

Your front porch looks great! Love all those mums! We are off to the pumpkin patch this afternoon to get our pumpkins.

Love the reveal! Connor was about DS8's age when he started reading the Harry Potter books! He loved all of them! (The third one is my favorite. :laughing:) You know...now that he is reading the HP books and about to start watching the movies, you may have to plan on taking him to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. :thumbsup2

The costumes sound adorable! You are right about the prices on them. This year, I asked the kids if they would rather do something Halloween-themed instead of buying costumes that they wear once. They were all for it, but now I have to think of something suitably fun to make up for it. :laughing: I should have planned a Disney trip. LOL!

Five nights until you leave!!! :banana:

Hey!!! What a good trick about the costumes. I will remember that for next year. Hopefully I can make them again. And hopefully they will pick something easy!! BUT I have decided to make new "Fett" costumes for them because I can't justify throwing these ones out. Completely a wreck.

Griffin LOVES Harry Potter -- completely hooked now. We just started book 3, he left it at home, so he would have a fun book to read when he got home from vacation. I bought him a "junior novel" of Tron...

They were THRILLED with those gifts, Jackie, thanks so much :)

Hmmmm... halloween costume or trip to Disney.... WOW. That would be quite a bribe!!!

Followed you over from MeMom's TR. I have always wanted to go to Disneyland but I do not like to fly. Maybe one day I will get up the courage. Can't wait to see the boys reaction on the big reveal. Very cool idea.

Hi!!! :wave2: Welcome! I love MeMom and Jill's thread, always so much going on over there!!! Take the train! NOT sure where you are, but trains make that cross-country trip! They had a great surprise! We filmed it, but I don't know how to put video on the DIS yet...

Your porch looks so amazing!! Very nice!!! I have a nice covered area that I'm trying to find some ideas to decorate with!!!

What a great idea for the reveal!!!! AWESOME and so creative!!!

YAY for Star Wars goodies and costumes!!! Can't wait to see the boys in their getups!

Thank you, Jen! :goodvibes I love decorating in the fall as much as Christmas! you can do fun stuff with mums, squash and pumpkins!

They loved the reveal!

WOOT!! My priorities are in line with yours LOL Somehow I have managed to order a Vera this week too LOL!!!!!

Well I'm sure by Friday you'll have it all together and ready to go!!!:thumbsup2

DID YOU??!!! LOL!!!! I gotta go see it!!! Did you post a picture??!! YOU loved the HM, BTW ..... LOL!!!

No worries! You're an old pro at this, you'll be ready and your trip will be fabulous :goodvibes

Yay for a new Vera! Shoes & bags are the most important piece of any trip right? ;)

OF course shoes and bags are the priority!

AND Yes, this old pro made it, BARELY!!! BUT I managed! And the trip has been fabulous! :goodvibes

I wanted to get on here and make sure I wish you a super magical trip to Disneyland and California!!! Have a wonderful time over there on the West Coast!

Not to mention...

Happy Halloween!!!

I would also like to know which Vera pattern and style you bought! :goodvibes

HI THANKS CP! We made it for sure, and it was very fun!!! We are still having a great time, a few more days!!! :cloud9:

Have a great trip!! I hope we get to see the new Vera before you go!

I just posted a photo!!! :thumbsup2

Have a great trip!!!! :)

Hope you have a great trip!

Thanks you guys!!!!

Have a fab trip. Your reveal plans sound great. You'll be their by now and wondering what the stress was for, all the organising chaos is out of the way and you are on your Halloween vacation having a blast :goodvibes

Look forward to hearing all about it and seeing pics of DL :)

Lots of fun, and I have lots of pics! :thumbsup2

Sorry I missed your send off and I do hope you got the necessities together! The pictures of Scotland are just BREATHTAKING! Can't wait to hear all about your Halloween California Adventure!popcorn::

No worries, I got it together! Halloween at Disneyland was great!!!! :goodvibes

Glad to hear you are having a fabulous time!!! Looking forward to the pictures and stories!

Thanks CP! We sure are. I gave a sneak peek! ;)

:yay: happy to hear you are having a great time!!!! Don't feel guilty about that tan at all ;) Sad to say but you will be missing that sunshine and warm weather when you head back East :sad1:
I am sooooo excited to see your pictures of the HM and Jack!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Continue having a great time...and take another week :laughing:

Tracy

OH how I wish I could take another week!!! LOL!!!! BUT if I can say, we only have three weeks before we go to Disney WORLD!!! Can you believe that!!!???

Just can't wait to be there after Thanksgiving!!! Hope to catch a little sun there too....

Thanks for checking in HD, glad to hear you're having a great time! Can't wait to hear all about it!

We sure are!

So glad you checked in and happy to know you are having a great time! Looking forward to hearing all about it. Soak up that sunshine!! :)

I am drinking in the sun, Don't worry. Feels so good. So fun to be standing in the ocean yesterday!!

Thanks for the preview-update! Can't wait to hear more! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Sure! It was just fun to take a minute and share some photos. :goodvibes

Look at you!
Already started....
I'm so excited, I feel like I'm right there with you!!!:banana:

Oh well you know, it was just a quick start, just to get a few photos out there!!! I felt like I was with you, too! :laughing:

Lovin' the sneak peek, Happydog! Hope you were able to nip your cold in the bud before you headed off to sunny California (which sounds like it has been living up to its nickname)! The reveal sounds so fun -- the aftermath says it all! :laughing: The boys make great Fetts! What a gorgeous room at the Grand Californian although I bet you were absolutely beat by the time you arrived!

Great Sneak Peek!! So glad to hear you are having a great time!!! I love it!!! Can't wait to hear more!! Bring back some of the warm weather with you...got to 35 last night in Austin, TX!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter