One Happy Dog Family Lands it for Halloween -- 12/29 final post and MVMCP link!!!

Wow! Great updates and a trip to Disney World on the horizon. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and a lovely time at WDW.

Thank you! And to you too! Yes, a few days in Disney is a fun little getaway for DH and I. Should be nice. 80s!!! :thumbsup2 I have more updates coming!!

California Adventure looks like a blast!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
Hmmmm I wonder what I did with my popcorn bucket?!!!! I bought the same one!! :laughing::sad2:
It so fun looking at your pictures because everything is so brand new to me!! :goodvibes
If I don't catch you....have a wonderful Thanksgiving and an awesome next trip!!!! I can't believe you are leaving again so soon!!! :woohoo:

Tracy

It really was a neat visit. I wish we had more time, I confess, as I look at my pictures I keep thinking I swear I took photos of this and that, and while I know some of my images were corrupted, some I must have just "taken" with my eyes, b/c there was just so much to see and do and we didn't get to. That is okay, though. More for next time! We somehow make it out to California every so often!

I love the popcorn buckets and the souvenier cups! I would have bought one of each :goodvibes I'm enjoying the pictures, one of these days I would love to visit Disneyland!

I just didn't need it, and flying makes you second guess it. BUT had we been with a car, I would have totally managed to buy one... :rolleyes1 They really were adorable.

Great Great update!!! What a fun day at DL!!!!!! CA Adventure looks amazing!!!!!

Your boys being bugs is a great picture!!!!

I want to ride the Monsters Inc ride!!!!

I think the Monster's Inc rescue was SO much fun! You were riding around town in little taxi cabs! TOOO cute! CA Adventure was great fun. Wait till you see world of color!

Well worth the wait! Great updates. Everything looks like such fun. Love that Mickey Halloween popcorn bucket but $10 does seem a bit steep.

Can't believe you are going back so soon. Color me jealous!

Happy Thanksgiving to the Happydog family! :goodvibes

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!!! We had a great time. It was very enjoyable. I guess I just didnt need the bucket, you know? I dont need a lot of my Disney purchases, but I wanted to at least get one I knew I could use! :laughing: I bought a very nice souvenir, and it was worth putting my $10 there.

Making me miss Disneyland. Can't wait Intel 2013. Finally get to go back.

How exciting for you! My own pics make me miss it! Or miss what I missed!

Of course I am still interested in the Happy Dog Clan's trip to Disneyland. As if you needed to ask! :laughing:

Eight people for Thanksgiving? Wow! We are headed to my sister-in-law's. We counted yesterday, and I think we came up with 20 people total! :eek: Madness, I tell you! Her mother-in-law and her mother are cooking two turkeys -- 45 pounds of meat! Can you imagine??? Needless to say, Michelle (my SIL) and I consume a lot of wine on this holiday. ;)

Have fun with your Black Friday shopping. I twitch at the mere thought of it and have been trying to get our "big items" before they are all sold out on Friday. I found a Lego Hogwarts at Walmart the other day (the only one I have seen anywhere) and grabbed it up for Connor.

How horrible about your corrupted camera chip! :headache: Glad it didn't ruin all the pictures.

Okay, now on to your great updates!

California Screamin'! I thought it was hilarious that even your DH only rode it once! No way, no how as the Cowardly Lion would say. :laughing:

I know a lot of DISers who would be in heaven at the Corn Dog Castle. LOL!

Grizzly River Run looks right up our alley! We love water rides! I think the Soarin' queue is so much better at Disneyland (not that I have ever seen it in person), but I would much rather gaze at airplane memorabilia while waiting to glide through California.

Can't believe DH left the popcorn bucket. :sad2:

I had no idea about the Monsters, Inc. ride! We love that movie at our house -- and what a hoot about Roz!

Cute Buzz and Woody cups! How can you resist Buzz and his wings that really open??? :laughing:

Ah, Bugs Land made me all nostalgic. Chelsea's favorite movie when she was about two was A Bug's Life! We watched it over and over again, and her birthday that year was A Bug's Life party. Flik's Flyers are adorable! Love all the cartons!!!

Okay, ready for more Happy Dog Clan California Adventures!

Of course I am still interested in the Happy Dog Clan's trip to Disneyland. As if you needed to ask! :laughing:

Oh I know I know, it is just for whatever reason getting this one off the ground really took a while!

Eight people for Thanksgiving? Wow! We are headed to my sister-in-law's. We counted yesterday, and I think we came up with 20 people total! :eek: Madness, I tell you! Her mother-in-law and her mother are cooking two turkeys -- 45 pounds of meat! Can you imagine??? Needless to say, Michelle (my SIL) and I consume a lot of wine on this holiday. ;)

TWENTY??!! :worship: Here I am whining about 8!!! GEE, I would consume a lot of wine too... well I will anyhow, even with my measley 8!!! :laughing:

Have fun with your Black Friday shopping. I twitch at the mere thought of it and have been trying to get our "big items" before they are all sold out on Friday. I found a Lego Hogwarts at Walmart the other day (the only one I have seen anywhere) and grabbed it up for Connor.

YAY! Good for you! I am SO going on a lego strike this holiday. At least right now I am. I just cannot stomach the idea of more legos in my house!!!! :rotfl: The HP sets are soooo cute, and Griffin is already looking at them, and I am thinking WHERE are we going to have room for these??!! Borders in our area sells legos, and I got a 50% coupon on email today... Good for today only. MAY have to see about that one... :rolleyes1

I just like going out and being a shopping adventurer... it isn't as fun anymore, with all the deals offered before the holiday and such, not as much of a "surprise" when you hear about what WILL be on sale before tomorrow, but I still get in my car when the house is quiet, and with my coffee and little list enjoy Christmas music and being out there with the other nutty shoppers! I am going home at 10am while everyone else is going out! :rotfl:

How horrible about your corrupted camera chip! :headache: Glad it didn't ruin all the pictures.

Yes, I was pretty bummed out. Especially because I took several ocean pics of the boys, but I still have most so that is a good thing.
Okay, now on to your great updates!

California Screamin'! I thought it was hilarious that even your DH only rode it once! No way, no how as the Cowardly Lion would say. :laughing:
OH I know!!! Seriously! Me too!!! NO WAY! I think Cynthia's kids ALL totally enjoyed it. NOT me "No way, no how!" OH! Speaking of the Cowardly Lion. That is our Thanksgiving day movie tradition.... :goodvibes

I know a lot of DISers who would be in heaven at the Corn Dog Castle. LOL!

Grizzly River Run looks right up our alley! We love water rides! I think the Soarin' queue is so much better at Disneyland (not that I have ever seen it in person), but I would much rather gaze at airplane memorabilia while waiting to glide through California.

Can't believe DH left the popcorn bucket. :sad2:

I know! I laughed at that one -- LL -- no nuggets, though!! :laughing:

Grizzly River Run was VERY cool. I didn't bring my camera on it, well, I mean I had it, in a shopping bag, in the middle. I wasn't sure what to expect so I wasn't brave enough to bring it out at any point. IT was very very cool.. We lucked out in the wet department... even with ponchos DS8 got a bit wet in the seat...

I know! My World of Color bucket, GONE :sad1: Oh well. It would probably be sitting upstairs like the other ones :laughing:

We had the FPs for Soarin, so we didn't see much, but the queue was neat.

I had no idea about the Monsters, Inc. ride! We love that movie at our house -- and what a hoot about Roz!

Cute Buzz and Woody cups! How can you resist Buzz and his wings that really open??? :laughing:

Ah, Bugs Land made me all nostalgic. Chelsea's favorite movie when she was about two was A Bug's Life! We watched it over and over again, and her birthday that year was A Bug's Life party. Flik's Flyers are adorable! Love all the cartons!!!

Okay, ready for more Happy Dog Clan California Adventures!

The Monster's Inc ride was AMAZING very very neat. I didn't realize they had that there, either. The one in Tokyo Disney I think is somewhat modeled on it? Did you read Lurkyloo's TR? I was thrilled. We rode it twice in a row, no lines! :thumbsup2

Bug's Land AMAZING. I so now want to go back to just get it all -- what I missed. SO many details, so much fun. I can only imagine the Imagineers who came up with all this. What a great job. Nolyn loves that movie too. We just finally watched it, though last year (the boys). They loved it. We love Heimlich. :)

And yes, BUZZ and Woody... Sigh. :rolleyes:

Well hello everyone!

Just got back from my Black Friday shopping madness! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! We leave for our little getaway at the AK in TWO days!!! :goodvibes I am no where near ready, the Holiday didn't necessarily help! :rotfl: But I can't complain, especially since I just ate a plate of leftovers a few minutes ago...:rolleyes1 Can I say I LOVE Thanksgiving leftovers!!! YUM!

So I am getting ready to finish up my updates for California Adventure. We have dinner and World of Color to go :thumbsup2 and then I'll start working on Halloween! And our Disneyland day... Which was a great day! :goodvibes

I did head out for Black Friday today. I know I know -- crazy. But I wasn't shopping for electronics, so generally that makes it less chaotic!

I took advantage of some great 50% and 40% off coupons for Harry Potter legos at Border's Books. And I got my 99cent poinsettias at Home Depot! I also grabbed supplies at Michael's, and my Hallmark store -- buying my annual Jim Shore santa, and a pillow pet for my 5yr old. WHY he wants one of these I have NO idea. There are nicer one's I think at Disney!? I think WigD bought one at the AK? Does anyone remember seeing these anywhere else? I am afraid they only sell them in the park... I want to compare those with the Pillow Pet. I remember thinking the ones at Disney seemed really nice in quality. I grabbed cute Life is Good PJ pants for them, too, and the whole lot was 25% off. I also grabbed the Leaptser games which were $15.00 each at Target. the Penguin's of Madagascar and Toy Story 3 versions.

I plan to be back later this afternoon to post my update! Stay tuned! :goodvibes

Love your California Adventure updates!
You got some great deals. I am planning on doing a little shopping tonight and this weekend. I'm afraid of the crowds :scared1:

Disney in 2 days :yay: It'll fly by. At least you're busy with holiday stuff.

Looking forward to you're next update!

Back to the park we went, and just in time for the afternoon parade!

Here are some festive Halloween balloons while we were waiting...

Disney784.jpg

Soon, the parade came into view…

Disney785.jpg

Disney786.jpg

Disney787.jpg

My friend Roz, had a role as grand marshall!

Disney788.jpg

Disney789.jpg

Disney790.jpg

As the name suggests this parade was entirely Pixar. It was incredible. In my opinion, it is the best daytime Disney parade I have seen (save the holiday and Halloween parades). Just so much going on and so much fun!! It actually reminded me a lot of the Animal Kingdom parade, with all of the apparatus that the CMs used. It was great fun.

Disney791.jpg

Disney792.jpg

Disney794.jpg

Disney797.jpg

Disney798.jpg

Disney799.jpg

Disney807.jpg

Disney811.jpg

Disney808.jpg

Disney806.jpg

Disney802.jpg

Disney805.jpg

Disney800.jpg

Disney803.jpg

Disney809.jpg

Disney812.jpg

Disney813.jpg

Disney810.jpg

Again, some didn't come out for me -- but at least you can get a taste of it! The acrobats were the best performers for sure!

More to come in the NEXT POST!!!!!

Parade ending, it was now time to check out Electronica, and confirm that no one in our party wanted to ride Tower of Terror. Nope. Not going to do it. LOL! Here is the TRON fun they had at Disney California Adventure. They had a “street” party entertainment in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area, including a 3-D “sneak peek” of TRON…
VERY VERY Cool. Here are some shots of the “Electronica” PreShow…

Disney839.jpg

Disney835.jpg

Disney826.jpg

Disney834.jpg

The light was fading, so we needed to make our dinner reservation at Wine Country Trattoria (where we had booked the World of Color package).
Here are a few pics along the way up to the restaurant. Dinner was good. It wasn’t the best Disney meal I have had, but it was worth the expense. I think the signature restaurants at WDW (which I think this qualifies as one of their better restaurant on Disneyland property) are far better. There is a very well known restaurant, The Napa Rose, at the GC, but this wasn’t the trip to try that one out. The salad and entrée were quite good. Dessert was not memorable, but the wine list was. It was a “package” for preferred seating, and had a three course meal and beverage with the package. This worked out best for us going into it all, b/c I had no idea what everything was going to be like. This was a back area not the actual restaurant, but inside this building they had all the models and renderings for the new projects they are working on right now. Very neat! Carsland, and Ariel's "something" LOL! I'll re-update and borrow a few photos to share with you.

Disney842.jpg

Disney840.jpg

Disney841.jpg

After dinner we had a half hour before the World of Color show. We got ice cream for the boys and made our way to the viewing area. And then it began! I love Fantasmic. This blew Fantasmic out of the water. Literally. LOL!

Disney854.jpg

Disney855.jpg

Disney862.jpg

Disney857.jpg

Disney867.jpg

Disney869.jpg

Disney870.jpg

Disney876.jpg

Disney873.jpg

Disney880.jpg

Disney882.jpg

Disney891.jpg

Disney895.jpg

Disney904.jpg

Back to the room! The halls always seem SOOOOOO much longer when you are tired!!! LOL!

Disney844.jpg

Disney845.jpg

Disney846.jpg

A very sleepy us planned for a great morning celebrating Halloween Disneyland style, including early morning magic hours at 7am!!! :thumbsup2
WOOT WOOT!

More coming up tomorrow!!!

I did get get the tiger at AK, (pillow pet) it's at school and I love it!!!

As well as your last update.:goodvibes

I want to go to DL SO BAD!!!!

Your World of Color Pics are phenominal! I really hope to see that someday!

By the way we were up at 3:30 this morning Black Friday shopping. It was crazy!

I did get get the tiger at AK, (pillow pet) it's at school and I love it!!!

As well as your last update.:goodvibes

I want to go to DL SO BAD!!!!

Your World of Color Pics are phenominal! I really hope to see that someday!

By the way we were up at 3:30 this morning Black Friday shopping. It was crazy!

Hi there! Well, you should definitely make a trip out there. It wont disappoint. So your Tiger was a Pillow Pet, too? Okay well then maybe they are are the same... I will check the stores this week, to see if there are different ones. I thought they looked different. Not sure. The penguin is awfully cute, though :)

I missed our advanced booking day for dining on the cruise in February... :headache: OH I am mad. BUT, I did get at least one Paolo's reservation. Will be checking daily now, to see if anything opens up. AND will be waiting in line once we get on board, that is a definite. I have read that because so many repeat cruisers are going on many of the Dream bookings, they are able to book over 100 days in advance, and things are gone before the window for those of us with only a few cruises under our belt and new cruisers get to... I will be curious to see if there are any others released.

CUTE FB pics of the baby and your Thanksgiving preparations! :goodvibes

Hi there! Well, you should definitely make a trip out there. It wont disappoint. So your Tiger was a Pillow Pet, too? Okay well then maybe they are are the same... I will check the stores this week, to see if there are different ones. I thought they looked different. Not sure. The penguin is awfully cute, though :)

I missed our advanced booking day for dining on the cruise in February... :headache: OH I am mad. BUT, I did get at least one Paolo's reservation. Will be checking daily now, to see if anything opens up. AND will be waiting in line once we get on board, that is a definite. I have read that because so many repeat cruisers are going on many of the Dream bookings, they are able to book over 100 days in advance, and things are gone before the window for those of us with only a few cruises under our belt and new cruisers get to... I will be curious to see if there are any others released.

CUTE FB pics of the baby and your Thanksgiving preparations! :goodvibes

No, the tiger isn't a pillow pet, just similar.
We probably won't get any of the Palo ressies either since we are only 2nd time cruisers.
Our exciting news was that we upgraded to a larger veranda stateroom a few weeks ago, so I was pleased!

It's been busy around here, with new baby and Harper! Wowza!

I too desperately want to visit DL someday! Just the idea of being in the park and walk where Walt walked just thrills me!!!

I love Fantasmic and it's been a while since I have seen that show!! I know I would love World of Color too...SO AWESOME!!!!!! You got some great shots!!

I wasn't a big fan of the DHS parade, but that Pixar parade looks amazing!! Maybe WDW will take some notes from DL for the new parade to debut in January!!

Glad you got some great deals on Black Friday!! WOOT WOOT!!!

We love Thanksgiving leftovers, too! That's what we ate yesterday while we were decorating the house.

You bought Harry Potter Legos? But, wait, you said...:laughing: It's hard to resist them, isn't it? :goodvibes

The Pixar Parade looks like fun -- I don't think I have ever seen any pictures of it. Love the picture of the Little Green Man.

Wow! World of Color looks amazing! I imagine the music is sensational!

Good luck with packing and getting ready for your next Disney adventure.

First of all.....have a wonderful and magical trip!! :hug:
Again, I love all of the DL pictures.....the details on all of the rides in the Pixar area are brilliant...as was the parade....loved The Incredibles on their little hovercraft!! Too cute! I :lovestruc of all of the Pixar movies!
World of Color looks amazing...I can imagine that in person it is beautiful paired with the music....maybe I will check it out on youtube :thumbsup2

Okay....get packing and have fun!!! We will be here when you get back! :goodvibes

Tracy

Hiya everyone! Yep, I am packing as I type -- we not exactly but you get the idea! I have uploaded all my DL pics to photo bucket, so I plan to update while I am away. I will have plenty of time.

Wish me luck!

:goodvibes

Have a wonderful time down there in sunny Florida!!! Say hi to Mickey for me! Oh, and make sure you try the hot chocolate at the Christmas party -- I hear it is quite tasty!

World of Color looks amazing!
I need to plan a trip to Disneyland soon. Is Carsland opening in 2012?

Have a wonderful trip!

I too desperately want to visit DL someday! Just the idea of being in the park and walk where Walt walked just thrills me!!!

I love Fantasmic and it's been a while since I have seen that show!! I know I would love World of Color too...SO AWESOME!!!!!! You got some great shots!!

I wasn't a big fan of the DHS parade, but that Pixar parade looks amazing!! Maybe WDW will take some notes from DL for the new parade to debut in January!!

Glad you got some great deals on Black Friday!! WOOT WOOT!!!

The Pixar parade was really really cool. I was amazed. Just so much to look at! It was a neat place to visit, it was a short visit, we needed two more days I think. At least three. But next time! We had other fun plans for that vacation, so I couldn't complain too much and two nights at the GCV was awesome. :thumbsup2

World of Color was breath taking!!! :goodvibes

We love Thanksgiving leftovers, too! That's what we ate yesterday while we were decorating the house.

You bought Harry Potter Legos? But, wait, you said...:laughing: It's hard to resist them, isn't it? :goodvibes

The Pixar Parade looks like fun -- I don't think I have ever seen any pictures of it. Love the picture of the Little Green Man.

Wow! World of Color looks amazing! I imagine the music is sensational!

Good luck with packing and getting ready for your next Disney adventure.

Okay, okay, I caved. Well, the legos were 50% and 40% off!!!! I had these Borders rewards coupons and so since they were on the "list" you know THE LIST, ;) :santa: I couldn't ignore them... so too was that dag gum pillow pet... :headache: Hopefully they have a better pillow pet styled animal here and I can get that instead... :laughing:

World of Color was very very cool!!! :thumbsup2 AND the parade, yes. So fun!!

First of all.....have a wonderful and magical trip!! :hug:
Again, I love all of the DL pictures.....the details on all of the rides in the Pixar area are brilliant...as was the parade....loved The Incredibles on their little hovercraft!! Too cute! I :lovestruc of all of the Pixar movies!
World of Color looks amazing...I can imagine that in person it is beautiful paired with the music....maybe I will check it out on youtube :thumbsup2

Okay....get packing and have fun!!! We will be here when you get back! :goodvibes

Tracy

Thanks so much for the bon voyage!!!! It worked! We are here, and I am drinking coffee in our room looking out the window at partially sunny skies and low 80s today.. much better than sunny and 50 at my house!

DL photos, I still have a whole day to go -- Disneyland proper! California Adventure was fun, but they are doing some mass redesigning there, which I think is much needed and will improve the park overall, but more on that later!

I should be able to post on DL later tonight....:thumbsup2

Have a wonderful time down there in sunny Florida!!! Say hi to Mickey for me! Oh, and make sure you try the hot chocolate at the Christmas party -- I hear it is quite tasty!

Oh I will have that hot chocolate for sure! But what I really want is the peppermint icecream hot chocolate float!! or at least the peppermint icecream!!!

Already having fun! I am sitting in our room right now, getting ready to head around on a resort tour to see the decorations! :goodvibes Pool side yesterday, a bit more cloudy today, hoping it will burn off. Still, low 80s can't complain!

Have a great trip. Can't wait to hear all about your latest adventure! Hope you have a blast! :)

We are off to a good start!!!! Dinner at Cali Grill, fireworks, blue zoo cocktails... need I say more?

World of Color looks amazing!
I need to plan a trip to Disneyland soon. Is Carsland opening in 2012?

Have a wonderful trip!

I am not sure. I think it is 2012, yes. New movie comes out this summer. Can't wait! My kids can't that is! :laughing: Disneyland is great fun. We are having a great time! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter