One day 2 parks Harry Potter doable? Jan 20-24

nurseberta

DIS Veteran
I have a Disney trip planned. January 20-24. With the new Disney Genie + I think I could squeeze in a day at US/IOA. Question is…. Do you think I could fit it all in one day if the park is only open 9-6

I have a Disney trip planned. January 20-24. With the new Disney Genie + I think I could squeeze in a day at US/IOA. Question is…. Do you think I could fit it all in one day if the park is only open 9-6
I’ve done it, but DS doesn’t like big coasters so we didn’t have to try to cram those in.

I’ve done it, but DS doesn’t like big coasters so we didn’t have to try to cram those in.

my kids…. 18,19,22 have done universal onsite express so many times so I think we would all go do what we like, my dtr and I would do HP and the boys would hit the coasters. Def something to consider

There is a lot more to UO than rides. Even with EPs on a low crowd day, I don't think it is possible to do and see everything in one day. That said, if you are there on a weekday, you should be able to see quite a bit even without EPs...

There is a lot more to UO than rides. Even with EPs on a low crowd day, I don't think it is possible to do and see everything in one day. That said, if you are there on a weekday, you should be able to see quite a bit even without EPs...
Good response. We went on low crowd days without EPs, one park per day. did most attractions 3 times in 1 day although skipped some rides and shows, and the parks were closing earlier. I still think it would be really tough to do everything in both parks in 1 day

Last edited:

Your subject line asks about Potter, but your question asks about everything. Potter is absolutely doable. The two Wizarding Worlds are pretty small, after all.

Doing everything, though, naw. At least not like I like to do things, which means slowly and savoring even the sounds of various parts of the parks.

As others have stated, you can't do everything at both parks in a single day. However, do you want to see and do every single thing? I think that a better question would be, can you get enough in at both parks in one day to make it worth your time/money? My guess is that the answer is yes. If Harry Potter is your priority, and there are a few other things you want to get in, you can have a ball and feel as though you got a lot in. I agree that having fast passes would make life easier. If you can spend a night at a UO deluxe hotel and get the fast passes that would make your life easier. Something to consider is, how stressful will this be compared to the enjoyment you would potentially get out of it? Sometimes less is more.

So I have. It’s very doable. But that’s also with not riding certain rides (I love coasters but rip ride rocket and hulk scare the heck out of me and mummy I feel claustrophobic in for some reason, plus I never ride transformers, fast and furious, a lot of Seuss landing, Popeyes). It is doable but if you want to ride all the rides, it’s not doable.
Also if you can’t afford express pass and your party is comfortable splitting up, single rider line will be your friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter