one concern I have

tinkerbell198530

Mouseketeer
I am going to go on a disney cruise for the first time a year from september and I want to know if there is a place that is open 24/7 don't get me wrong I am not fat I just have a weird eating secdule. Can I get food to go from the restrant, so I can eat it later

I am going to go on a Disney cruise for the first time a year from September and I want to know if there is a place that is open 24/7 don't get me wrong I am not fat I just have a weird eating schedule. Can I get food to go from the restaurant, so I can eat it later

You main option is Room service which is 24 hours a day from 1.30pm on embarkation ( when rooms open) to 1am last morning, (suites different).

You can order food at any time during this.

Now the main food places offer food for considerable hours from around 6am, light breakfast, to buffet breakfast, lunch dinner, snacks, to midnight.

From the buffet people do take things to their rooms.

Room service will be about your only option from about Midnight until 6 am.
Disney does not have a 24 restaurant open like some of the other cruise lines, nor does it have the typical Midnight to 1:30 am buffet. Nothing against DCL, Disney passengers tend to be an early to bed, early to rise group, and they just isn't the demand on Disney for these eating options.

Something to add though, DCL room service is *free* all the time subject to you considering to tip. On other cruiselines they operate a overnight fee say from 1am to 6am in the region of $4. So DCL is better than other cruiselines if you like room service throughout the night.

I would never assume you are "fat" because you're asking a question about food , and even if you were "fat", I wouldn't judge you for wanting to take food back to your room. I would hope you would do the same for the rest of us :)

Room service is going to be your best bet, although you are always welcome to bring food from anywhere on the ship back to your room to eat it at a later time.

And the (free) soft drink / coffee / tea / water station on Deck 9 is always open. No true refrigerator in the room (the temperature is not as cold and is not monitored) - they call it a beverage cooler. No microwave oven access for passengers. Soft drinks (canned/bottled) delivered with room service are not free.

Here's what's included on the no-cost room service menu (you can purchase beer, bottled water, or snacks - chips, candy):

Salads and Appetizers
Southwestern Caesar Salad
Blackened Chicken Quesadilla Salad
Mexican Tortilla Soup with Fried Tortillas
Chicken Noodle Soup
All Hands on Deck Cheese Platter (A selection of international cheeses served with crackers)
Fresh Fruit Bowl
Sandwich Island (potato chips upon request)
BLT
Ham/Turkey and Cheese Sandwich
Focaccia Sandwich (With grilled zucchini portobello mushroom and aioli)
Tuna Salad (in jumbo brioche)
Chicken Fajita Wrap
Steak Sandwich
All American Fare
Cheeseburger
Hot Dog
Macaroni and Cheese
Chef's Specialties
Mexican Fiesta Pizza
Vegetarian Delight Pizza
Pepperoni Pizza
Meat or Vegetable Lasagna
Dessert
Cake at Sea (Ask the stateroom service team for daily cake selections)
Big Island Cookie
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie

I would never assume you are "fat" because you're asking a question about food , and even if you were "fat", I wouldn't judge you for wanting to take food back to your room. I would hope you would do the same for the rest of us :).......

I agree with the above 110% !

you guys have been so helpful and I want to thank you for that, and thank you for not judging me. I don't know ever seens I this college program I am in everything seems out of wack sleeping and eating wise, so if I have not said so already txs for not assuming that I am over weight.

you guys have been so helpful and I want to thank you for that, and thank you for not judging me. I don't know ever seens I this college program I am in everything seems out of wack sleeping and eating wise, so if I have not said so already txs for not assuming that I am over weight.
Please, no flames, but honestly, I don't understand why you assumed people would assume that. :confused3 Seems a little prejudicial on your side that "fat people" would want to take food to their rooms because they are fat...

Sayhello

Please, no flames, but honestly, I don't understand why you assumed people would assume that. :confused3 Seems a little prejudicial on your side that "fat people" would want to take food to their rooms because they are fat...

Sayhello

This is the DIS- someone would have made a comment on the OP's eating habits eventually.;)

Sayhello

My guess is that the OP is new to this forum and is probably used to nasty comments from the usual internet forums out there:confused3

The people here are very kind and considerate for the most part:goodvibes

Its a cruise.....don't we all eat 24/7

I'm sure I may have consumed some Mickey Bars in my sleep :drinking1:

popcorn::

:drinking:

:thumbsup2

I did not mean to judge you guys, I would never assume someone is fat becuse they are on a different time schdual however there are those out there that do

Salads and Appetizers
Southwestern Caesar Salad
Blackened Chicken Quesadilla Salad
Mexican Tortilla Soup with Fried Tortillas
Chicken Noodle Soup
All Hands on Deck Cheese Platter (A selection of international cheeses served with crackers)
Fresh Fruit Bowl
Sandwich Island (potato chips upon request)
BLT
Ham/Turkey and Cheese Sandwich
Focaccia Sandwich (With grilled zucchini portobello mushroom and aioli)
Tuna Salad (in jumbo brioche)
Chicken Fajita Wrap
Steak Sandwich
All American Fare
Cheeseburger
Hot Dog
Macaroni and Cheese
Chef's Specialties
Mexican Fiesta Pizza
Vegetarian Delight Pizza
Pepperoni Pizza
Meat or Vegetable Lasagna
Dessert
Cake at Sea (Ask the stateroom service team for daily cake selections)
Big Island Cookie
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie

What? No chicken strips anymore?? :scared1:

I'm a vegetarian, but DH & DS live for those. Guess they can still go up to DEck 9 during some hours though...

bev

What? No chicken strips anymore?? :scared1:

I'm a vegetarian, but DH & DS live for those. Guess they can still go up to DEck 9 during some hours though...

bev

Just because you don't see something on the menu don't assume you can't order it from room service. Mickey ice cream bars aren't listed and they are available.
Just ask if you can order them.

I hope no one thinks that that I am aginst pooh sized ppl my DFi is pooh sized and I obvasly love him more then life other wise I would not be marrying him

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter