One and dones, and things that met expectations....

I agree with all of this except I've never tried HDDR. It's never appealed to me, but it gets such great reviews, maybe we should give it a try sometime.

I've always wanted to do this but there is nothing that either of my kids will eat there other than the vegetable and dessert. I just can't rationalize spending all the money for them to not eat. :-(

A little secret- If you just want a good meal and aren't thrilled about the show you can save a lot of money by going to Trail's End. They share the same kitchen as HDDR but Trail's End has a much bigger selection of items and is one of the cheapest(if not the cheapest) dinner buffet in all of Disney.

I've always wanted to do this but there is nothing that either of my kids will eat there other than the vegetable and dessert. I just can't rationalize spending all the money for them to not eat. :-(

My DD ordered off the vegetarian menu and the little girl (maybe 6 or 7) at the table next to us got a burger and fries! I think they bring food in from Trails End if you ask. My DD asked the server right when we sat down, he was very accommodating. However I did note that my DD and the little burger girl got their food AFTER all the standard food had been served to tables. I thought it was all very good except the ribs, they were just ok.

My DD ordered off the vegetarian menu and the little girl (maybe 6 or 7) at the table next to us got a burger and fries! I think they bring food in from Trails End if you ask. My DD asked the server right when we sat down, he was very accommodating. However I did note that my DD and the little burger girl got their food AFTER all the standard food had been served to tables. I thought it was all very good except the ribs, they were just ok.

Mine are now 16 and 12. The 16yo might eat the chicken, but the 12yo only eats pasta, grilled cheese, cheese quesadillas, and pizza (as well as vegetables). We are actually skipping all of my favorite buffet meals during our July trip because I can't bring myself to pay $45+ for the 12yo to eat a plate of pasta.

In 2017, I went 3x for the first time since 2001 so I'll summarize from those trips:

Met or Exceeded:
  • Merida Meet and Greet
  • EVERY Chip and Dale Meet and Greet
  • Tinker Bell Meet and Greet
  • Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
  • 'Ohana Breakfast with Lilo and Stitch
  • Buzz and Woody Meet and Greet
  • Satu'li Canteen Meal
  • All meals that catered to a food allergy in our party - Disney excels in this area.
  • Expedition Everest
  • Rivers of Light
  • Valet and/or Preferred Parking
  • Enchanted Tales with Belle

One and Done:
  • Sci Fi Diner
  • Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
  • Finding Nemo: The Musical
  • Barnstormer

We are doing HDDR next trip. DD saw a small video on YouTube and requested it as one of her two must do's. I'm looking forward to it but it may be a one and done or at least a once every few trips type thing. It's pricey.

Honestly ToT is probably my favorite ride of all time. I haven't rode FoP yet, but I doubt even that will exceed my ToT love. The entire experience just completely blows me away.

In 2017, I went 3x for the first time since 2001 so I'll summarize from those trips:

Met or Exceeded:
  • Merida Meet and Greet
  • EVERY Chip and Dale Meet and Greet
  • Tinker Bell Meet and Greet
  • Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
  • 'Ohana Breakfast with Lilo and Stitch
  • Buzz and Woody Meet and Greet
  • Satu'li Canteen Meal
  • All meals that catered to a food allergy in our party - Disney excels in this area.
  • Expedition Everest
  • Rivers of Light
  • Valet and/or Preferred Parking
  • Enchanted Tales with Belle

One and Done:
  • Sci Fi Diner
  • Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
  • Finding Nemo: The Musical
  • Barnstormer

Why is the party a one and done for you?

G
You should.
We avoided it for a while because it didn't appeal to me but finally went, because I want to try most everything, eventually.
It is quite cute. We did laugh a lot. Food is good. Basic. Chicken is best thing, ribs are really bad. DGD ate her weight, and then some, in chicken legs. They lost money on that girl that night!
I don't see us going back anytime soon, if ever, but I don't regret going.
This is exactly how I feel about Ohana. Glad we went once, but no desire to go back.

in my last 27 years of being an fan...here are my one and dones in no particular order
  • Frozen Ever After
  • Epcot Country Videos (france, canada, china, norway before frozen)
  • Boardwalk Dance Hall
  • Chef Mickey's
  • Be Our Guest
  • Carousel Of Progress
  • Caribbean Beach Club
  • Under the Sea with Ariel
  • Dumbo
  • Rainforest Cafe
  • 1900 Park Fair
  • Typhoon Lagoon

Dark, crowded, disorganized, masses of people.

For the price, it was not worth the experience for us.

We are trying the Halloween Party in the fall to compare.
Hmm, not sure you'll find it that different if those were the things that stuck out to you. But I adore MNSSHP (and like MVMCP a lot), so hopefully you'll enjoy it.

One and done- the new Soarin. Used to be one of our favorites but is now so distorted it's pathetic. Whoever approved it should be fired and they need to fix it. It's terrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter