Once you go Deluxe, do you ever go Moderate or Value?

I think you do whatever get your there! My next Disney trip will probably be to Disneyland and I will more than likely stay at a good Neighbor hotel because they're soooooo close. The next time I go to Disney World I will more than likely go back to the Contemporary. But if cost was an issue I would totally downgrade to make sure I still get the trip.

We keep saying no deluxe!! But then we rationalize walking to HS, Epcot, the Boardwalk and we end up booking deluxe. It didn't help last year when we stayed at the YC and got upgraded to club level. Now we have to say No deluxe club level!!
I feel your pain. We got a pixie dust upgrade to club level at Beach Club last week, and now I only want to stay club level. Tragic...lol.

The resort experience is equal to the park experience for us. We always go swimming during our trips, and swimming in a great pool with hot tub and waterslide is something we value. Daily swimming is a different experience from going to a waterpark (although we like the waterparks, too). It's much more relaxed, and just easily walking between our room and the pool is a nice experience. We also like to hang out in the room a bit each day, and really appreciate a comfortable, attractive room. Having time each day to relax and feel comfortable is a big part of the vacation for us.

Last edited:
We started going to WDW before there were value resorts and we stayed at POFQ 2x and loved it but then we tried WL x2 and YC but in 1998 when Coronado Springs opened we went back to a moderate and had a great stay but since we only go Deluxe as we spend more time at the resorts.
I seriously doubt we will ever stay Moderate again

As lovely POR is I can never go back to moderate since I started staying at the Yacht Club. It's so convenient since it is between Epcot(my favorite park) and HS, you can walk to both parks, and you have all of the lovely things on the boardwalk. Plus I like being so close to other resorts so that I can explore and have more dining options. I also really enjoy being able to pop into the world showcase for breakfast and stroll my way through Epcot to the monorail to hop my way to MK. Since we don't have kids we really enjoy the higher end more subdued feel of Yacht Club.

We did our first trip and did deluxe at AKL. We were debating between here AoA suite and CSR/POR. In the end the balcony, food choices and interior hallways during rainy season sold it for me. We ended up with a savanna view and spent so much time on the balcony. Relaxing out there when the kids went to sleep was great. Took a break from the parks and a few days off just to take advantage of the hotel. I don’t know if we can go to a moderate or value now. I’m waiting to see what the tower at CSR will be like. Poly is high on our list for the next trip. Loved watching the fireworks from there with a dole whip. I could do that every night.

If you usually go Deluxe, do you ever go Moderate or Value for following trips? What do you base this on and are you satisfied if so?

I have stayed at all levels, and have to say that now I really only fully enjoy my trips if I stay deluxe....and I realize this makes me sound like a stuck up snob, but honestly it's a transportation issue more than anything. Stayed at Pop twice over the summer, and then a couple of weeks ago stayed at GF, and I was definitely not missing the mile long walk to the Pop bus stops at several of the parks or the mile long walk (most of the time in the rain) walk to our room when we got back. It isn't even about the decor and comfort of the resorts, although they are more comfortable, at the end of the day I'd rather pay more for the added convenience of the deluxe resorts.

We went moderate after a couple deluxe trips and regretted it to the point that we spent the first half day trying to get into a deluxe and they were all booked up. Don’t get me wrong, we don’t mind moderates or values but we prefer the bulk of our trip to be deluxes even if the first night or two are a value or moderate.

Simple answer. For those where money is not an issue go Deluxe! For those where money is hard to come by go Value or off site. Those in between, go moderate!

We'd love to stay at a Deluxe but simply cannot afford it. Afforded a Moderate only once when Disney had deals where a Mod was only $10 more a night for our trip. A value is all we can afford or we don't go at all.

The other decision factor is what a Disney World vacation is to you. If the resort itself is a big part of the overall experience and you spend a lot of time at the resort then a Deluxe may be more enjoyable. If the resort is simply where you'll sleep then a value may be a better use of money.

I have stayed at all levels, and have to say that now I really only fully enjoy my trips if I stay deluxe....and I realize this makes me sound like a stuck up snob, but honestly it's a transportation issue more than anything. Stayed at Pop twice over the summer, and then a couple of weeks ago stayed at GF, and I was definitely not missing the mile long walk to the Pop bus stops at several of the parks or the mile long walk (most of the time in the rain) walk to our room when we got back. It isn't even about the decor and comfort of the resorts, although they are more comfortable, at the end of the day I'd rather pay more for the added convenience of the deluxe resorts.

I don’t consider it snobbish... I consider it as it’s your vacation and your money. When one has experienced all levels of hotels, one can see the “value” one gets by staying at the premium resorts...
With that said, all the rooms that we have stayed at, at all levels, were clean and enjoyable.... except for 2 times we stayed at a theme park view at 2 different hotels where it smelled a little musty inside... not enough to complain but it was noticeable...

We have young kids (5,3, and a newborn) and prefer to stay at a 2 bedroom hotel so my wife and I can relax in our own room after putting them down for the night. The only options are the deluxe villas. I wouldn’t mind trying other category hotels if they offered 2 bedroom options.

Simple answer. For those where money is not an issue go Deluxe! For those where money is hard to come by go Value or off site. Those in between, go moderate!

We'd love to stay at a Deluxe but simply cannot afford it. Afforded a Moderate only once when Disney had deals where a Mod was only $10 more a night for our trip. A value is all we can afford or we don't go at all.

The other decision factor is what a Disney World vacation is to you. If the resort itself is a big part of the overall experience and you spend a lot of time at the resort then a Deluxe may be more enjoyable. If the resort is simply where you'll sleep then a value may be a better use of money.

Money is not an issue for me in that I can’t afford deluxe, but that I feel Disney deluxe resorts are overpriced and not worth the cost. I used to stay at Pop but with a car. Now with all the changes of room checks and parking fees I will do more offsite trips. We are staying at Universal over Thanksgiving and will drive over to a Disney a few days. We did stay at the Boardwalk last year on rented DVC points, which made it more reasonable as it was about half the cost.

Last edited:
We tend to alternate between deluxe and moderate now. We had a spell of doing deluxe club level each year but the prices in the past few years have been inflated beyond what the hotels are actually worth to me especially as we usually stay around 10 nights. The past 2 years we’ve stayed at POR and POFQ which I enjoyed just as much as our deluxe stays. This year we’re doing Poly CL as it’s just a 4 night stay, but our next trip will likely be back at POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter