Once Upon A Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost wish the show wasn't on Sunday nights.... I HATE wishing for Sunday nights! ;)

I know! I am so conflicted by wishing the weekend away . . . who in their right mind would want Sunday night to come more quickly? :happytv:

If I remember correctly the ring supposedly finds your true love, it doesn't make you love someone, it helps you find them.

I thought I was the only one who felt bizarre for anxiously awaiting Sunday nights too. It goes completely against human nature, doesn't it? :laughing:

My first thought about Grumpy's true love wasn't Catherine; it was EQ...Imagine that :eek:. Would make for good entertainment though, if this whole curse was started because of Grumpy :rotfl:.

I had just gotten done telling my husband that MM and David can't kiss for ages because when they kiss they will remember and it is awfully early in the series for that to happen and then WHAM they lock lips! This makes me wonder if the potion that Snow took in FL had some after effect. Also - maybe the Queen took extra precautions with this curse because her other curse had been broken with 'a simple kiss'.
If you think about the timeline, the potion was taken sometime before the events of the first two episodes. At that point, they are in love, married and having a baby. Either the potion has been undone, or "true love" prevailed and Snow fell for her prince a second time. Either way, it makes it unlikely that the lingering effects of the potion blocked Mary-Margaret's memory when she kissed David.

David is a different story entirely. Perhaps his memory is affected by being in a coma for so long?

My theory is that the curse is broken by believing in it. Graham believed the wolf was visiting him from a prior life and that his heart was in the crypt. Emma's kiss was the spark that sent him that direction but things started to break wide open the more he believed. Mary-Margaret and David aren't even close to accepting that they are Snow and Prince Charming.

As far as Charming not marrying Midas's daughter... I was think about this and something must have happened to the king. Charming was still royalty when he and Snow wed. The king was no where that I could see at their wedding. Did any of the soldiers survive when Charming slayed the dragon? Perhaps he won their loyalty and the guards helped over throw the king. Maybe the king decided to go ahead and kill Charming because he thought he was not reliable and used the excuses he gave Snow... Maybe the guards caught wind of it and helped Charming. OR maybe Midas's daughter was in love with someone else and she and Charming realized both their hearts belonged to other people and the two of them worked together to overthrow the king...
Grumpy said, "It's off Snow, he left her. James left Abigail."

You could be right about all that, but it sounds to me like James simply ditched the wedding went after Snow.

I thought I was the only one who felt bizarre for anxiously awaiting Sunday nights too. It goes completely against human nature, doesn't it? :laughing:

My first thought about Grumpy's true love wasn't Catherine; it was EQ...Imagine that :eek:. Would make for good entertainment though, if this whole curse was started because of Grumpy :rotfl:.

I thought this as well. :lmao:

Wasn't the ring a symbol of true love?
Just to throw a monkey wrench in the discussion. It sounds like Charming's mother intended for him to give the ring to Abigail. As she was taking the ring off she said, "Give this to your wife-to-be." Charming objected, and said, "I don't love her, I don't even know her." His mom insisted, "Just because you don't know her, doesn't mean you won't grow to love her."

"True love follows this ring wherever it goes, my son."

She goes on to say that she had love with his father, and love with him and she wants him to take the ring because as long as he has it, "I'll know you'll find love. I'll know you'll be happy"

Maybe the ring does have some magic properties but I don't like the idea that the romance between Snow and Charming is just a trick of the ring. If she hadn't put it on in the woods he would have given it to Abigail and been just as much in love with her? I could be wrong but that doesn't sound anything like "true love" to me.

As far as Charming not marrying Midas's daughter... I was think about this and something must have happened to the king. Charming was still royalty when he and Snow wed. The king was no where that I could see at their wedding. Did any of the soldiers survive when Charming slayed the dragon? Perhaps he won their loyalty and the guards helped over throw the king. Maybe the king decided to go ahead and kill Charming because he thought he was not reliable and used the excuses he gave Snow... Maybe the guards caught wind of it and helped Charming. OR maybe Midas's daughter was in love with someone else and she and Charming realized both their hearts belonged to other people and the two of them worked together to overthrow the king...

Did any of that make sense?

My thoughts on the section bolded...
Was Charming still royalty when he married Snow? It could have easily have been her castle, not his. She reminded everyone "She isn't queen anymore" about the evil Queen. Meaning maybe Snow overthrew her and got the kingdom back?
I do love that we are getting Snow/Charming stories in bits, and that the other characters are getting some screen time, so it isn't just the Snow and Charming show. i can't WAIT to see Red's story! She is very intriguing, both in Fairy Tale land AND in Storybrooke!

I also want to know what has happened to someone trying to leave. Henry is convinced that bad things will happen. I need a "bad thing happening" story to believe him! lol!

And I just rewatched the last two episodes to put them on DVD before tomorrow, and my favorite line BY FAR was Grumpy: My feelings make me who I am. They make me Grumpy. :rotfl:

Was Charming still royalty when he married Snow? It could have easily have been her castle, not his. She reminded everyone "She isn't queen anymore" about the evil Queen. Meaning maybe Snow overthrew her and got the kingdom back?
I do love that we are getting Snow/Charming stories in bits, and that the other characters are getting some screen time, so it isn't just the Snow and Charming show. i can't WAIT to see Red's story! She is very intriguing, both in Fairy Tale land AND in Storybrooke!

I also want to know what has happened to someone trying to leave. Henry is convinced that bad things will happen. I need a "bad thing happening" story to believe him! lol!

And I just rewatched the last two episodes to put them on DVD before tomorrow, and my favorite line BY FAR was Grumpy: My feelings make me who I am. They make me Grumpy. :rotfl:

This show is fantastic! I enjoy getting the story in bits too because it makes you really think, ya know? It makes you paying attention.

I loved Grumpys line too. I kind of laughed when he said it. :laughing:

Just to throw a monkey wrench in the discussion. It sounds like Charming's mother intended for him to give the ring to Abigail. As she was taking the ring off she said, "Give this to your wife-to-be." Charming objected, and said, "I don't love her, I don't even know her." His mom insisted, "Just because you don't know her, doesn't mean you won't grow to love her."

"True love follows this ring wherever it goes, my son."

She goes on to say that she had love with his father, and love with him and she wants him to take the ring because as long as he has it, "I'll know you'll find love. I'll know you'll be happy"

Maybe the ring does have some magic properties but I don't like the idea that the romance between Snow and Charming is just a trick of the ring. If she hadn't put it on in the woods he would have given it to Abigail and been just as much in love with her? I could be wrong but that doesn't sound anything like "true love" to me.

The ring issue has bothered me as well. Did the ring have magical powers and Snow just happened to try it on first to become his true love? I definitely hope that is not what they mean by true love follows this ring.

I hope they are just making a point that the ring will only end up with his true love and that of course is Snow White. The ring didn't make her the true love but just maybe helped him find her as someone said.

I don't think Snow would have to overthrow the queen to get the kingdom back. She is the heir to the throne and, although the queen married her father, she wouldn't have any rights to the throne. Isn't that part of the reason that the queen wanted Snow killed? When Snow returns from being with the dwarfs, I would think the kingdom would become her's again. princess:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter